[Closed] I'll be fine on my own (Yazad)

Open for Play
Anaxas' main trade port; it is also the nation's criminal headquarters, home to the Bad Brothers and Silas Hawke, King of the Underworld. The small town of Plugit is nearby.

Cassidy Elwes
Topics: 7
Race: Human
: Do No Harm, Take No Shit, Bake Bread
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Mochi
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:03 am

Losis 14, 2720
Basin Court market, afternoon.
Cass smiled as she watched Yazad take off to make his purchases. She could smell the stall’s various perfumes from where she waited a few feet away. It did smell rather nice, with the various oils mingling in the air. In her own opinion, though, nothing one could find in a vial quite beat the smell of fresh baking. It was one of her favourite smells, and had been ever since she was a young girl learning in her first job, before she was let go for coming in covered in scrapes and bruises after a scrap. The scents wafting from the woman’s wares was more preferable than the smell of the market itself.

She waited patiently, watching as Yazad chatted to the old woman and bought what he wanted. She got the sense he was hurrying on her account. He didn’t have to. She would have told him to take his time, given the opportunity, but didn’t want to interrupt the conversation between the two. Her suspicions were confirmed when he came back to her and apologized for taking so long. She just smiled and shook her head.

“Y’ don’t need t’ hurry on my account,” she said, “I told ya, I ent got anythin’ pressin’ to get back to. I don't mind makin’ sure ya don’t get yerself lost or mugged again.”

He was grateful, he said, for her help. He asked after her bakery, and her smile grew. “It’s o’er in Castle Hill. Cable Street, ‘bout halfway down. Once ya get to the neighbourhood, y’can ask just about anyone where t’ find it an’ they’ll know. I’ve got a bit o’ a reputation fer helpin’ folks out that need it.”

She placed her hands on her hips, looking down at Yazad. “If y’ manage to make it over t’ visit, I’d be happy t’ make dinner for ya.”

Tags:
Yazad
Topics: 4
Race: Passive
Character Sheet: Yazad Character Sheet
Writer: Bahamutia
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 am

Basin Court market
Loshis 14, 2720 - Afternoon
Y azad shook his head lightly to Cassidy’s words. He appreciated that she was so willing to accommodate him, but he could not bring himself to take advantage of that. "My, what kind of man would I be if I made a lady wait on me?" He smiled and placed a hand on his chest, making an effort to hold his head high and stand tall. Despite his dignified posture, no amount of straightening his back and stretching his neck was going to make him any taller. By him, Cassidy stood, effortlessly grand and strong--a reminder of all the things that he cannot be.

He wanted to open his mouth and tell her that he will be fine. There are always good people around to instruct him on where to go, and if anyone else attempts to pilfer his coin, then, well--he really cannot expect himself to hoist them and give them a stern talking then let them go like she did. Depending on another was a feeling so foreign that Yazad did not know how to process it. It did not feel ‘right’. It was his duty to look after others, not the other way around.

Castle Hill. Cable Street. Halfway down.

Yazad softly muttered the words several times, willing them to be memorized. He would be very impressed with himself if he could find the bakery based on this description alone, but his expectations were kept at a reasonable minimum. "I can certainly see that." The passive commented with a giggle. She was doing exactly that right now, helping him because he needed it, so he was not the least bit surprised to learn that Cassidy is well-known in these parts.

"Only if you allow me to make dessert." The raven-haired man remarked, smilingly looking up at the taller woman whom he assumed would not accept it if he had told her not to trouble herself.

With practiced grace, Yazad gave the woman a final deep bow before straightening and tucking his hair behind his ear, revealing the newly purchased earring beneath it. "I shall make my way back now. Be well, good madam." With a wave of his hand, the man turned to find that one street which he had followed to the market earlier. If he came in through it, then he can also leave through it. It was simple logic, but roads were not always so logical. Regardless, Yazad found himself raising his fingers to touch his earrings every now and then. Not only did he get himself a piece of beautiful yet admittedly cheap jewelry, he also made a nice memory with a unique woman to go along with it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Old Rose Harbor”

• Information