[Open] Blood, Grit and Booze

Bare knuckle grudge match in The Rose Arena, followed by coursing, a normal night in Old Rose Harbor.

Open for Play
Anaxas' main trade port; it is also the nation's criminal headquarters, home to the Bad Brothers and Silas Hawke, King of the Underworld. The small town of Plugit is nearby.

Breaker Cooper
Topics: 8
Race: Human
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Post Templates: [url=http:/fullurl/]Post Templates[/url]

Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:43 am

Evening, 73rd Roalis 2720. Rose Arena
This fight had been a long time coming, Conner 'Savage' Hartigan had been boasting that he was the greatest pugilist in all of Old Rose, and as yet no one had been able to beat him. Breaker had been away from the city for some weeks on Bad Brothers business, and Hartigan had claimed that even he, Bertold 'Breaker' Cooper, was not man enough to face him in the pit.

"He's gone soft, a fop more mindful of fancy duds then 'is fists!" The huge brute of a man had crowed in the city's many grog pits and drinking dens. When word of this had reached Breaker upon his return he dumped his travel bag at home and went in search of the self proclaimed 'champion of Old Rose'.

When Breaker had entered the tavern where Hartigan was holding court the place went deathly quiet and the drunk hangers on and toadies melted into the corners.

Hartigan however had more stones than that and merely lent his back against the bar and toasted Breaker with his pint.

Breaker walked up and grinned broadly, the man was a good head taller and a fair bit wider than Breaker himself, with a thick bush of red beard jutting from his slab of a face.

That night the challenge had been made, and accepted, that had been two nights ago.

Hartigan was strong and skilled and hit like a runaway wagon full of bricks. It had been awhile since Breaker had faced such a foe and his veins sang with the joy of it.

Another furious exchange of blows and then the two parted and circled, watching for weakness or an opening. Hartigan's face was impassive while Breaker grinned, his gold tooth glinting.

The two men charged almost as one and Breaker ducked a swooping haymaker that would have taken his head off and let loose a barrage of body blows to the big red heads barrel of a trunk as he came up.

However a straight left from Hartigan hit Breaker square in the mouth, Breaker reeled back. But he went back on the attack, his grin though now bloody was still in place as he fainted with his right then threw a jab that smashed into the bigger man's solar plexus.

The strike normally sent opponents crashing to the dirt struggling for air, but Hartigan merely staggered a few steps back. Unperturbed, Breaker went after him, raining more blows upon his foe. Though winded, Hartigan still managed to block or ward off a good number of the blows.

Then it was Breaker's turn to go on the defensive as Hartigan countered with a left hook which Breaker barely blocked.

This was getting desperate Breaker thought as he weather a serious pounding, the blows numbing his arms as he guarded.

It was time to get serious, the glint in Breaker's mad dark eyes should have warned Hartigan, but it went un noticed.

Leander
Topics: 16
Race: Passive
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Dizzy
Post Templates: Post Templates

Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:23 am

73rd Day of Roalis 2720

It wasn’t often that Leander visited the fighting arena to watch matches - it wasn’t really his thing to engage in… certainly not the best place to pick up women, though he had had some luck in the past picking up men. Well… he says his had luck picking up men. It was all very theoretical at this point. He had chatted with them and enjoyed their company and then when the moment to go home came, he oftentimes went home alone. And it wasn’t even that he didn’t like the violence. As long as he wasn’t caught up in it himself, he was fine with a bit of blood and gore.

Relatively sober, the passive passed by the entrance to the arena, then paused, turning back to look at it, as if making up his mind to go in or not. Eh, why not? He thought to himself. He had nothing to lose (except coinage, which was always a valuable commodity that he could never hold on to in any given night). Still, he had not been frequenting the usual taverns, so he still had coin on him. Why not try his luck and spend what he had. Maybe he’d even win it back.

Entering, he put aside some coins for spending on drink, and the rest he kept in his hand, ready to place a bet on a fight. There he caught wind of a name: everyone was talking about a ‘Breaker’. Well, the name certainly sounded like one of a winner. He knew very little about who was who in the arena, so his bets were invariably based solely on the names of the fighters. Not the best way to win his money back, the past had shown him, but it was his system, and he was nothing if not stubborn about doing things his way.

Bet placed, he headed off to buy himself a drink (unsurprisingly) and returned to find himself a table. The place wasn’t quite rammed, but Leo still ended up sharing a table with some other men all the same. He nodded politely to them as he sat down, exchanging a few pleasantries, and then turned his attention to the two men who had just finished warming up and were about to start their fight. He wasn’t even sure which one this ‘Breaker’ was, but history showed that he would find out after the fight.

He cheered and winced alongside the other spectators as he watched the fight unfold and, as he expected, the talk around him indicated which one was Breaker and which was his opponent. He watched with wide eyes as the fight continued, growing more and more desperate with each passing blow. Neither of the men seemed too tired easily though. Leander mused to himself that he would be out for the count after half a minute… if that. He was definitely not built for fighting: too lithe and small for such a sport. And pasty pale, not that that mattered.

As he watched, he noted that he had seen this Breaker before. It took him a few minutes, but when a blow landed that had Breaker turning full-bodied to face the audience where Leander sat, the forger finally recognised him. The man was another Bad Brother. They had never spoken, but Leo knew the face. Why in the name of the Gods did every other fecking person in this shithole of a town have to be under the thumb of Silas sodding Hawke?

Now Leo wished he’d bet on the other man.

Breaker Cooper

Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:08 pm

73rd Day of Roalis 2720
The crowd roared as Breaker launched a ferocious flurry of blows, Hartigan staggered back under the storm fists. Suddenly Hartigan leapt forward and slammed a meaty fist into Breaker's guts before wrapping him in a massive crushing bearhug.

Hartigan finally got the idea that he was not fighting a normal man when he realised that even though his foe was winded and he was crushing the life out of him, the mad bloody grin had not shifted, but intensified.

This was before Breaker's head shot forward, mouth open wide and he bit down hard on Hartigan's bulbous nose!

The big man let out a scream of agony and threw his tormentor from him, Breaker managed to land on his feet.

Hartigan's hands went to his ravaged bleeding face as Breaker spat a mouthful of gore and gristle to the sand.

By all rights the fight should have been done there, but Hartigan was a strong and stubborn man.

The massive bearded man managed to regain his balance and square up, his face now a mask of gore from his ruined nose. Before him Breaker danced from foot to foot, a furious light danced in his black eyes.

Hartigan threw a savage haymaker, hoping to end this fight, but Breaker duck and swayed under the strike and grabbed a fist full of his opponent's beard, now matted with blood, and yanked it with all his might. The bigger man's face met Breaker's knee, with a sickening crack, as he brought it up sharply.

As Hartigan rocketed up right again, Breaker reared back on his right foot and slammed his left hobnailed boot into the centre of Hartigan's chest.

The force knocked the stunned Hartigan from his feet and Breaker leapt upon his now downed opponent. He grabbed Hartigan's head by the ears and slammed his forehead into his face, again and again and again!

For this man had dared to call Breaker out, to say that he had become soft. And that could not stand.

Finally Breaker stood up from his grisly business and threw his arms wide as the crowd erupted in savage cheers.

The announcer scrabbled into the arena, closely followed by the doctor to check Hartigan. The announcer had to bellow at the top of his lungs to be heard.

"THE WINNER, BERTOLD 'BREAKER' COOPER!"

Breaker's gorey face split in a wide grin as his chest heaved. As he walked across the now bloody sand, he scanned the crowd pondering how to spend the rest of his evening, and his winnings.

Leander

Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:17 pm

73rd Day of Roalis 2720

The fight continued on, blow after blow and move after move had Leo sinking further and further into his seat, occasionally wincing as he watched the action unfold. By the end, neither fighter looked… decent by any stretch of the imagination. There was more red than pink and Leo had no doubt that by tomorrow their skin would be more black and blue than anything else. It was a violent affair and Leander, with his lithe, narrow figure, who had never been in a proper fight, couldn’t imagine the pain each of the fighters must be in.

At one point during the fight, he moved away from his seat to get himself another drink. Upon his return, he found that his seat had been taken. Frown on his face, he ended up leaning against a pillar and sipping slowly at his new pint of (what he swore was watered-down) ale.

But, as with everything, there was finally an end. Leo couldn’t say that he enjoyed the spectacle. As bad as he was at card games, he would have much more enjoyed an evening with a drink on the table and cards in his hand. Still, he paid attention to the fight, watching the other Brother fight his way to victory in the ring. The applause and cheers were tumultuous: it seemed like every man watching the fight had bet on the same man as Leander. It seemed they were all winners tonight.

Downing the rest of his flagon of ale, Leander lent over to drop it down on a nearby table as he reached into his pocket for his betting slip. He had bet all of his remaining coinage - which (unsurprisingly) wasn’t much - on Breaker, and he was keen to cash in, no doubt to waste the winnings on drinking the night into oblivion.

Much like any other night.

Winnings collected, the passive turned to face the room. He could leave and find somewhere more palatable to have his next drink. Or he could stay. There were fights to follow at some point, and he found that he didn’t quite hate the ambiance of the arena, nor its particular clientele. He decided to stay: in some ways it was nice that he didn’t frequent this place much… the staff behind the bar didn’t know him as a serial alcoholic. It was nice to be just another punter.

Heading back to the bar, he ordered another pint. Whilst waiting, he noted that the red-faced winner had exited the fighting ring and was examining the room at large. A spur of the moment decision had him order a second pint, which he picked up alongside his own and weaved through the crowd, making a beeline for his Brother.

It seems congratulations are in order,” Leander shouted over the noise of the crowd as he approached Breaker. “It’s a new experience for me, winning coin in a bet, it is only fitting that I spend that well-earned money on the reason for my pockets being that much heavier.” He smiled, trying to look into Breaker’s eyes, but finding his gaze drifting across the man’s bloody skin. It was hard to ignore.

Leander suddenly wondered if the man would prefer to leave and clean himself off, and he bit his lower lip as he hesitated before offering the flagon to Breaker. “Leo,” he introduced himself, deciding that he would push forward rather than giving the Brother an option to disappear and leave Leo with two drinks (though he was more than qualified to polish the two of them off himself).
Breaker Cooper

Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:21 pm

73rd Day of Roalis 2720
Once Breaker was out of view of the crowd he allowed himself to sag, he could feel that at least one of his ribs had been cracked by the bearhug, he hawked and spat again to get the last of the coppery taste of blood from his mouth. He rolled his shoulders and as he walked and worked his head from side to side, a few drinks and a decent meal would see him better, maybe he’d get the Arena sawbones to bind his chest.

As Breaker left the tunnel out into the public gallery of the Arena an attendant rushed up, a towel in one hand and a pouch in the other.

“Your winnings Mr Cooper, and I thought you might want this.”

Breaker gave the man a grin and was amused to see the mix of fear and revulsion pass over his face, Breaker took the pouch first and weighed it in his hand before pushing it into his sash. He then took the towel and draped it over his shoulder.

“My thanks, Dan, much appreciated.”

As Breaker walked into the bar he was greeted by cheers and congratulations from those who had bet on him, a few shot sour looks, though they were careful not to catch his attention, those who had bet on Hartigan clearly.

He was surprised when a handsome man appeared before him holding out a flagon, Breaker took it, and regarded the man as he spoke, his head tilted slightly to one side. Leo, he thought to himself, it rang a bell, as did the man’s face.

“Well Leo, you already seem to know me.” He grinned. “Thank you for the drink, and your congratulations of course, as for the winnings no need to thank me, that big bastard had it comin'.”

Breaker cast an eye around the room and saw an empty table, he indicated it with the flagon.

“I’m goin’ to sit down, if you’ve no pressing business I’d appreciate the company.”

Breaker then took a deep drink from the flagon and let out a sigh of contentment.

"I must say, fightin’ does make a body thirsty.” Breaker’s grin returned and a light of mischief started to dance in his dark eyes, it looked like this evening was set to get interesting.

Leander

Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:19 am

73rd Day of Roalis 2720

The passive’s smile grew to show teeth as he ducked his head in agreement, “Yes,” he murmured, “It helps that I’ve been listening to your name for the past hour or so… they seem to like you here - there was lots of talk about you before you entered the ring. Seems I decided to come on a good night.

Eyes following the point of the flagon, Leander nodded and made his way over to the table. He wondered what type of drinker Breaker was - that would make or break this evening, he thought. Leo was sober, relatively speaking. This pint was his second… or maybe third?… of the night, but he fully intended to continue the night in company so if his new companion wasn’t that way inclined, he would live with it.

He sat down at the table and, when Breaker took a large swig, Leander followed suit. “I can only imagine,” he answered after he had swallowed his ale. He gestured at himself with a self-depreciating smile, “I’m not one to manage well in fights. In fact, the few… excursions I have been sent on that ended in fights never went well for me.” He thought back to his time spent with the widow, Niccolette Ibutatu, and repressed a shudder. His adventures with the woman had never ended well.

No, I can’t say I’m one to enjoy being involved in it myself.” And the way in which he spoke: the clipped accent, the word choice… borderline formal, it said mountains about the Galdori-raised passive who refused to let go of his roots. Leander barely fit in with anyone because he refused to let himself. He consciously made the choice to be different.

But tonight wasn’t about being different. In fact, it was the one place he fit in, with a flagon of ale in his hand. And Breaker wasn’t hard to look at. It made things a lot easier, spending time with another person. And the man seemed interesting. Leander was far more cerebral, again, a problem for him, but it didn’t mean that he could not find enjoyment of company of other people.

And… well he caught the look in Breaker’s eyes.

That in and of itself was intriguing. Taking another swig of his ale, Leander leaned forward to place it on the table and run his now free hand through his dark locks, pushing the hair out of his eyes and away from his forehead. It had been styled, but the general oppressive heat of the room was not helping.

Watching was thirsty work too, though,” Leo intoned. Glancing around the room at the other punters who were still talking about the match they had just witnessed. It was a truly remarkable feat of strength and skill, which the passive said aloud to the fighter sitting opposite him, adding with a grin, “I am kicking myself for not coming and watching you sooner. What have I been doing with my life?!
Breaker Cooper

Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:20 pm

73rd Day of Roalis 2720
Breaker took another deep gulp from his tankard and wiped the back of his hand over his mouth then grimaced as he realized he was still wearing his blood caked wraps. As he started to unwrap them he regarded the handsome man across from him as he spoke and a grin tugged at his lips.

“Aye they do like to shout.''
He waved idly at the crowd around the bar. “Not sure they care who for, as long as someone bleeds. Speaking of, I'm sorry I must look fright.”
Breaker laughed a little self consciously . He took the towel from his shoulder and started to wipe the blood from his face, arms and chest. "I do hope they was sayin’ nice things. I’m very sensitive.”
He placed one of his rough scarred knuckled hands on his broad chest. His grin widened to show his two gold teeth and he cocked an eyebrow.

“Well I’m certainly glad for you deciding to attend this particular evenin’.”
Breaker took up his tankard and drained it and waved for one of the servers that prowled the bar, he glanced at Leo’s tankard and held up two fingers and the server scuttled back to the bar.

“As for fightin’, well it’s somethin’ I’ve a talent for. Always have I guess, and fortunately or unfortunately dependin’ on where you stand, we live in a city where a person can make a name for themselves through blood, sweat and violence.”
He shrugged slightly and smoothed out his thick moustache and twisted the ends back into their accustomed points.
“Though I don’t think there’s anything wrong with not fightin’ more than a few times I’ve fought for those who couldn’t.”
He regarded Leo again and cocked his head to one side, giving him an appraising look.
“I know your face, you’re a Brother are you not? Now that’s a line of work where it’s damned hard to stay outta brawlin’.”
It was Breaker’s turn to give a self deprecating smile. “I’d be happy to show you some moves, if you like? Not that I’m much of a teacher. Though I know a few ways to put a body off a fight before it even starts.”[/b][/color][/font]

The fresh tankards arrived and Breaker smiled his thanks and handed the woman a few coins from his winnings before taking a sip and continuing.
“As for enjoying a fight, that’s something different. Most folks don’t, even those what make a livin’ from it.”
The big fighter turned thoughtful then, did he enjoy fighting, and if he did what did that say about him as a man? He hurt people for money, and he was damned good at it, but did he take joy from it?
“As for me, well. It depends, tonight's fight with that whales arse, that was personal. I can’t have people crowing that I’ve gone soft see. After all in my line of work, my black and terrible reputation does most of my work for me. Soon as someone hears I’ve been sent after um to collect or the like, well...”
He made a flourish with his hands like a stage magician after a trick.

Break held up his tankard to Leo in a toast. “Well as we’ve both worked up a thirst let’s drink. To big wins and chance meetin's”

After taking a deep draft from his pint he chuckled. “Sorry I’ve talkin’ a lot about myself ain’t I, tell me. What brings a handsome gent like you to Old Rose, what indeed have you been doin’ with your life?”
Breaker was interested in this man’s tale, and whatever it was, he was becoming progressively gladder; it had led to his visiting the Arena. He grinned and gave Leo his full attention.

Leander

Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:38 pm

73rd Day of Roalis 2720

Leaning forward and resting his elbows on the table, Leo watched in undisguised interest as the man used a towel to wipe the glistening sweat and blood off of whatever body parts he could reach. The urge to stand up and help out, getting Breaker’s back and rubbing it clean with the towel, was great, but he resisted. He had just met the man, after all, and something like that may come across as creepy. Neither of them had drunk enough for that to be acceptable.

No I suppose you’re right,” the passive murmured instead, nodding along as he tore his gaze away from the roving towel to look Breaker in the eye. “I don’t quite understand the draw to watching fights, myself. Maybe it’s an acquired taste, heh.

Wow, was it getting hot in here? “Glad, are you?” Leo asked, looking at the man from under long eyelashes and trying his best to look coy or some shit. Men liked that kind of thing, and Leander was certainly getting vibes off of this man… good vibes, he hoped. “That’s nice, I guess I’m glad to be here as well - the drink isn’t bad and the company is infinitely better than anything-anyone I was planning on… seeing tonight. I shouldn’t have dismissed this place so easily in the past.

Ah yes, Breaker recognised him too. Given that Leander estimated a good half of the Harbour was either under Silas Hawke’s thumb or living in fear of missing a payment to him (and the other half did their best to steer clear of the Brothers), Leander wasn’t surprised that he was known to be one of them, however reluctantly he had found his calling. It was no secret that the passive despised the wick… with his huge field to rival any golly and a bigger attitude than that. He was a thorn in Leo’s side, and if if wasn’t for the fecking diablerie, he might never have ended up working for the man.

Yes, I am.” Leander said simply, reaching forward for his ale again and bringing it to his lips. “I’m a scribe and counterfeiter by trade… not all the skills Hawke needs are physical. But you’re not wrong, I have been in my fair share of scraps in the… the line of duty. Not on purpose I don’t think, but they’ve happened. I’m not sure I’m of the right build to fight, but if you have any moves in your arsenal that you think might help skinny ol’ me defend myself, I would be grateful for your tutelage.” Even a couple of drinks in, Leander still used clear and concise diction and overly formal language… realising this, he wondered internally if he was trying to distance himself from his Brothers.

He was better than them, after all.

Leander listened in silence as Breaker explained about tonight’s fight, though had nothing to add on the matter. He nodded and smiled… he was not part of this world and could not understand why someone would risk bodily harm for the sake of pride. And Leo knew all about pride - his own being wounded one too many times over the years. Fighting, though, was so far left field that he just didn’t get it.

Yes, and to making new friends!” Leo clinked his tankard against his companion’s and drank deeply, meaning every bit of his toast. Breaker seemed like a genuinely decent person and he was glad of this serendipitous meeting.

Oh me? I’ve been in Old Rose since I was… about eleven. Abandoned, really. Left with ol’ Resha at the bookshop.” he left it to Breaker to fill in the blanks about what he was if he ‘abandoned’ here at such a crucial age. For years he had tried to keep his status as a passive a secret, but word had gotten out of his first (and only) diablerie and now Leo found he couldn’t care less, even if he couldn’t bring himself to admit it out loud.

Been and worked there ever since. It’s hardly the most exciting life, but it gives me the opportunity to read. I love to read, and learn… so I’m luckier than most of the… well. It keeps me out of trouble.” That was a lie, Leander thought to himself. He had known nothing but trouble since he found relief in drink, gambling and other such lowly pursuits. But he didn’t say that. No one wanted to hear a sob story about a scrap falling apart at the seams. And Leo wasn’t inclined to share it: he wanted tonight to be a good one, hopefully with a happy ending, and that meant putting on his best, most winning smile, and charming the pants (quite literally) off of this man.
Breaker Cooper

Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:24 am

73rd Day of Roalis 2720
After their tankards met in the toast and Breaker echoed Leo's words with a grin. He watched the other man as he spoke, noticing the lingering look, aimed just so from under the handsome man's lashes. Deliberate or no, it was certainly having an effect on him. Breaker took another gulp from his tankard, as an afterthought he licked the errant foam from his lips and moustache. The whole time he watched Leo, it was no good after such a fight his blood was up and it sang in his veins and his mind swam with thoughts of other entertainment.

As Leo finished he nodded, Breaker had heard a lot of similar stories or worse, of course he had. After all, when he wasn't doing bloody work for Hawke, or fighting in the area, he was out righting wrongs for folks that wanted retribution for such wrongs and couldn't take it themselves.

He took a long breath to focus his mind, it wouldn't do to get carried away, while Leo was certainly attractive and seemed to be potentially interested in the kind of entertainment Breaker had in mind, it was better to be careful, even in this city.

A bookshop you say? I do love books. Resha's place?" He looked thoughtful, he was careful where he went for his books, after all it wouldn't do if folks learnt that the fearsome and terrible Breaker enjoyed stealmy adventure romances. "I think I know the place."

"It's certainly a hard city to get by in, by yourself. I was born and raised here. The salt of the harbour is in my blood." Breaker laughed then and grinned, briefly he wondered if there was still blood on his teeth and he ran the tip of his tongue over them, lingering on the point of his gold canine.
But then blood's pretty salty enough it turns out."
He really hoped the gore didn't linger, his stomach churned slightly. He didn't suppose that having bits of a man's face between your teeth was particularly alluring, he pushed the thought away.

He shrugged, still grinning.
"My apologies, I've a dark sense of humour at times. But yes, I am certainly glad you decided to come tonight." He leant forward elbows on the scarred and pitted table top, resting his square jaw on one fist as he regarded Leo from under his own dark lashes.
"Though if I'd known I had such a handsome and charming gent in the audience I'd have put on more of a show. I do so enjoy entertaining."

The beer and adrenaline from the fight had mixed in Breaker's brain, it was hard not to think lustful thoughts gazing at Leo. His caution drifted away as he felt a slight flush come to his face and the light of want and hunger danced in his dark eyes. When he spoke his voice had become a breathy growl, his eyes stayed on Leo’s.

"So tell me Leo, do you have any plans for the rest of the evening?"

Leander

Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:12 am

73rd Day of Roalis 2720

The room was growing stuffy. Across the way, another fight was getting ready to be fought, the crowd was getting more rowdy again. Leander looked around, watching the last of the bets being made, and more flagons of ale being pulled, there for thirsty punters to wet their throats and shout all the louder for it. But the passive didn’t want to leave just yet - he found himself actually enjoying his time here. Company was everything.

Yeah, the Attic, it’s called. I’m a scribe there…” he vaguely provided its location within Old Rose Harbour, maybe Breaker had been there before, though Leander would never know, as he didn’t work on the shop front. His work took place behind closed doors, often by dim lighting ironically. So he wouldn’t have seen the man, even if he did have an interest in books. Leander sort of doubted the honest of that statement though. Breaker definitely did not look like a reader. Though the passive kept his expression kind and smiling, giving no indication of his doubts.

Nodding thoughtfully, Leander agreed with Breaker about the challenges of growing up in this particular gutter of a town. “I wasn’t alone though. Resha made sure I was well cared for. Again, one of the lucky ones.” Leander had been in his fair share of fights, but clearly nothing to the level of Breaker, who looked as if he had spent his more formative years actively seeking out opportunities to scramble about on the ground with other people.

Ha!” Leander barked out a laugh. He had never heard of that particular phrase… the salt of the harbour is in my blood… very good. “Yes, yes it is. Though I suppose you would know more about that than me.” Breaker was, charismatic as he was, was still a little rough around the edges - especially when compared to Leander, who retained his galdor-like finesse and formality. Still, that didn’t matter to the passive, as there was enough about the fighter to enjoy, and hardly anyone in Old Rose Harbour spoke like Leo did anyway.

Leander took another swig of his ale, watching the fighter from over the top of the flagon as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table. Apparently Leander’s instincts about this man had been right.

Placing his flagon back on the table, Leander did not follow suit, deciding not to rest his own elbows on the table and come nose to nose with Breaker. Instead, he decided to play it more casual. Though his smile was entirely natural and had grown pretty wide now as he watched his Brother gaze back at him and heard his voice take on a much more breathy quality as he all but growled at Leander.

My plans were to enjoy a few drinks, and maybe another fight or two, and head home,” that wasn’t entirely accurate - Leander doubted he would make it home tonight were he to remain alone… he would drink far too much and wake up in the morning on a bench somewhere no doubt. But Breaker didn’t need to know about Leander’s irresponsible relationship with alcohol. “But I’m more than open to sharing those plans with another person, if you are interested?” He asked coyly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Old Rose Harbor”

• Information