[Closed, Mature] I will not ask you

Open for Play
The Muluku Isles are an archipelago that contain the major trade ports of Mugroba and serves as the go-between for the spice trade. Laos Oma is the major port and Old Rose Harbor's sister city.

Aremu Ediwo
Topics: 24
Race: Passive
: A pirate full of corpses
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: moralhazard
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Early Evening, Hamis 32, 2720
The Ibutatu House, Isla Dzum
No, Aurelie had said, somewhat quietly.

It’s too much, Aremu had wanted to say, then; I’m – too much. Not enough, he supposed, was the correct way to think about it, though there seemed something strange in saying it aloud. I’m not enough, he might have said, to make up for what I lack; perhaps I never was, but certainly not – now.

Somewhere inside he knew it for an old fear, an old ache, because if Aurelie had ever thought that – for even a fraction of a second – she had never let anything of it show. Besides, Aremu thought, it wasn’t as if – well. He was capable, at least, and she seemed to like being with him – not just in the bedroom, either – and he didn’t think, really, he could ask for more, however he felt.

She was quiet, holding the distance between them.

Aremu kept at the mechanical work of it, undoing the straps down his arm; he held it up, a bit, when he went for the one on the wrist. It was the tightest of them, so that the pressure of the rest weren’t the only things responsible for keeping the hand in place; it was tight enough, when he pulled it closed, that he could wear only it.

Aurelie closed the distance before he’d quite finished; Aremu glanced up at her, his hand tugging the prosthetic the last little bit off. His arm throbbed beneath it, his wrist particularly, and the lines were deepest there.

Aurelie’s hand settled onto his chest; it went up, slowly, over a little cluster of scars – burn scars, he thought, more faded than they used to be; in time, he supposed, some of them would fade, though there would always be something of the Eqe Aqawe with him, now – and up, over his shoulder and onto his cheek. He wasn’t sure he quite smiled, down at her.

There was a quiet clunk in the space there as Aremu set the prosthetic aside.

His hand came back; it curled over Aurelie’s own, holding it to him for a moment, then letting go. He did smile, when she spoke, looking down at her. “What’s left of me,” Aremu said, quietly. He hadn’t meant to say it; he shouldn’t, he thought, have said it. I’m fond of you too – I care about you, Aurelie, very much, I – His left hand traced a few strands of her mussed hair off her cheek; his right arm shifted, and he tucked his wrist into his pocket, out of sight. But for the flatness of the fabric, Aremu thought, he might’ve been able to pass for whole.

He leaned forward, anyway, and kissed her forehead, just high enough that her hair tickled his upper lip. The whooshing of the tub ran steadily beneath their words; steam was filling the air, clouding the mirrors behind them, warm and pleasant. Some part of him hoped the sound of it had been loud enough to drown out his words, though he didn’t really think so, not with how close she stood.

Tags:
Aurelie Steerpike
Topics: 25
: Deeply Awkward Mom Friend
Plot Notes: Plot Notes & Thread Tracker
Writer: Cap O' Rushes

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Hamis 32, 2720 - Evening | The Ibutatu House, Isla Dzum
Aurelie had stepped forward before Aremu had finished the work of undoing the straps that held the prosthetic in place. It was a little absorbing to watch, in a strange way—mechanical and mundane, but drew the eye. In the way that all things you weren’t quite sure you were supposed to see was, maybe. Or, more accurately, in the way that seeing someone do something that was at once everyday and intimate could be.

He didn’t smile, looking down at her. She hadn’t expected it, but it felt strange anyway. Like she’d ruined everything already, because she hadn’t known the right thing to say. That was entirely possible; the idea sunk through her like a stone. There was a quiet sound of wood against wood as the prosthetic was moved aside. Nerves made her keep speaking. She didn’t want to have—she could ruin anything, really, it seemed like, without even having to think—

Aremu smiled at her when she spoke, at least. The line of her shoulders relaxed a fraction and stopped. What was—left? This was quite firmly one of those moments where she wished she was anyone other than herself. Someone else, she thought desperately, might have known what to say to that. “I’ve never known you any other way” was true but it wasn’t right; saying that would put a potential for comparison there that Aurelie didn’t like.

Was there a trick to it? To accepting the words, the feeling, without marking it for true? If there was, it was a trick Aurelie never learned. There had been, after all, little call for such a thing at Brunnhold. Best she said nothing at all, maybe. If she spoke, she would only make it worse.

The tub was filling up steadily, making the air warm and wet around them. Aurelie’s eyes fluttered closed at the brush of his mouth on her forehead. She sighed, quietly, thinking only on how pleasant it was after all. That she wanted to kiss him again, more than anything else.

”Just as you are,” she said in the end, a little firmer than she meant. Not quite agreeing, and not pushing the thought away either. If there was a better way, a better thing to say… Well. She certainly wasn’t the person to find it. That would have to do.
Aremu Ediwo

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Aurelie had heard him; Aremu had known, really, that she must have. For a moment, the heartbeat before and the heartbeat after her little sigh as he kissed her forehead, he thought maybe she wouldn’t say anything about it. That, he thought, would be best; he very much wished to let it aside, and not to dwell on it in the least.

It isn’t, he wanted to say – he didn’t want to say – he wanted to say, self-pity. I know what I am; I knew what choices I made, when I made them, and I wouldn’t change them if I could. But I am less, now, than I was: less capable, less strong. Perhaps I’m more, in other ways; I don’t know. It doesn’t seem to work like that, quite; being able to lie doesn’t make up for having no soul, and learning to strap tools to your wrist doesn’t make up for losing your hand.

He didn’t say it, and he knew he never would. He bent his head instead, and kissed her, softly, searching for more of those quiet sighs, and perhaps some less quiet ones. He listened, over and beneath them, for the sounds of the tub, paying just enough attention to ease back, with a soft groan, and turn the water off before it was too high for both of them to climb in.

I love kissing you, Aremu wanted to say, and he nearly did before he caught himself. I like kissing you seemed a poor substitute, almost an insult – maybe, he thought, a lie, because like seemed so inadequate to convey how it made him feel.

“Just a few more moments,” he said, instead, his voice low and urgent. “Just a few more kisses,” he added, almost on the edge of breathless. He kissed Aurelie again, deeply, pulling her a little against him once more, his fingers tangling in her hair. He kissed her mouth, softly and then deeply and then softly again; he trailed kisses along the edge of her mouth, down along her jawline and to her neck; he groaned again, softly, and pulled himself away, sitting on the edge of the tub and looking at Aurelie.

Aremu was smiling, now; it seemed easy, again, to find that smile. The room was filled with steam, warm and soft and enveloping, and he felt muscles he hadn’t known were tense slowly loosening. He reached out and took Aurelie’s hand in his. “Perhaps the bath was a mistake,” he said, ruefully, lifting her hand and kissing her knuckles, turning it over to kiss her palm, and down, slowly, to the inside of her wrist. “I’m not sure how to stop kissing you long enough to do anything else,” he grinned at her, once more, encouraging her to come a little closer with a gentle half-pull on her arm, looking up at her from where he sat.

Aurelie Steerpike

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Nothing about Aremu's reaction told her if she had done the wrong thing, or the right one either. She supposed that it wasn't enough in either direction to be worthy of commenting on or reacting to. So typical of anything she said or did, really, and that was fine with her.

And either way, it wasn't enough to stop him from leaning forward and kissing her again. That was enough to ask for; that was more than she could hope for. Aurelie came up just a little on her toes, to meet him somewhere in the middle. When he broke away she was smiling again, broadly—she had entirely forgotten about the water being run. Too much longer and the reminder would have been much more pressing, possibly ruining things more than anything she had said so far.

Oh, but she did like that immediate edge to his voice. Impossible that she would inspire it, but there it was. She could have kissed him forever, she thought. As much as she liked—as much as she wanted—more than that, she really could have done. Until the water was cold, at least, and they'd have to start all over again. It was very hard to stop. This plan might not have been the best one, as appealing as it had sounded and sounded still. Without the small detail of not being able to do so many things at once, of course.

"I was thinking the same thing." She hadn't meant to, but it seemed an all right sort of thing to say—she hoped it was, because now it was too late. The steam from the water was making her hair curl in all sorts of strange directions, only vaguely guided by where his hands had been, especially where it framed her face. "Uhm, about you though. Obviously. N-not... hmm."

She didn't need much encouragement to step closer; all distance seemed intolerable just now. Her hand came up to brace herself against him. Less distance would be even better. Which did mean a little more, for a moment. Among other things. "A-although if, uhm, we take too much longer, the water will... Hmm." She was mumbling, quietly but close enough that there was no way not to hear her doing so. Much as she would wish it, as she was certain she sounded... Well, what she was—breathless and foolish and impatient with herself. "So I, ah, suppose I should..."
Aremu Ediwo

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Aurelie’s hand pressed against his bare chest; she came closer on his invitation, all of her tucked between his thighs. Aremu looked up at her, smiling; he let go of her hand, his hand stroking, gently, down her side.

She sounded breathless and impatient, Aremu thought, more than a little pleased by it; she sounded as eager as he felt, blushing bright red, her fingertips curled lightly against the bare planes of his chest. She was mumbling to herself, just a little, though he could hear it over the beating of his heart.

I should, she said, and trailed off. She was looking down, maybe at him, Aremu thought, or maybe at nothing at all. He thought he could almost feel her fidget, a little, beneath his hand. You should? He wanted to ask, and he knew he shouldn’t, not if he wanted her to be comfortable. His fingers traced the curve of her waist, down and back up and down again.

Should, he thought, get undressed. He remembered the night before – had it only been the night before? – and the way her eagerness warred with hesitation, and he thought, maybe, he didn’t need to ask.

“I could help,” Aremu offered, smiling up at her. “If you like,” his thumb stroked, gently, over her hip bone, his fingers settling there and curling, a little, into place.

He didn’t know if it was quite relief that he heard as she accepted, but he thought – maybe, at least a little. She didn’t seem reluctant, anyway, and he was glad of that. He stood, leaning down to kiss her again; his hand shifted, and crept down, seeking out hems and bare skins beneath, finding buttons and hooks and all the places where he could bring her apart.

In the end, it wasn’t only his hands; he found himself on his knees before her, kissing freckled skin as he bared it, getting a little carried away with soft motions of lips and tongue – though, he thought, only a little. His fingers, too, stroked up and down the freckle-spotted expanse of her skin, and searched until her hand tightened against him and she got a good deal louder.

Aremu came back to his feet; he braced her against him, and took the last of her clothing off – and his, too, groaning himself with the release of it.

“Come here,” Aremu whispered, leaning back against the tub once more. He pressed Aurelie against him, breathing harder than he had been, shuddering a little with the brush of her against him, swept up and burning. He groaned, again, pressing his lips to her again, and then again, against all the tempting places now revealed.

The bath had gotten cold, a little, or at least not as warm as it had been. Aremu let some of the water drain, and turned the taps on again, looking at Aurelie with a sheepish little grin. “My fault,” he said, solemnly, leaning in to flutter kisses against her skin once more, his fingers seeking her out once more. “I apologize; I couldn't help myself.” He kissed her again, and again, and a little more; at least, he thought, not in the least displeased, now they had a little more time.

Aurelie Steerpike

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Aurelie didn't know what she would have done if Aremu had prompted her to finish that anxious mumble. Died of embarrassment, likely as anything else. Because she couldn't finish the sentence the first time, or because she might have if prompted further? That, too, she didn't know. Both things together seemed a likely cause of death.

He didn't ask—not that. She had the strangest urge to apologize; being with her like this had to be frustrating. She knew it was. It frustrated her, too, for all that she couldn't seem to help it. But she wanted to apologize for the impulse to be sorry, too, and if she let herself begin down that path she would never find the end of it. Did he know?

It didn't matter, she decided. Either he didn't think she was as absurd as she was and just hadn't asked, or he did know and was showing her mercy anyway. "Mm, I-I would, I think." Someone else might have made that sound like a tease or a line; Aurelie could only make it sound like she meant it, like she was grateful and pleased and eager all together.

Mercy, she'd thought; it didn't feel like mercy. Against all sense, it felt very much like desire. That helped more than anything else might have. The journey was less straightforward than the one she usually took when getting undressed in more ordinary circumstances. She didn’t think—she didn’t let herself think—of anything else but that. Not even the water she’d been so terribly concerned with a moment ago.

There were worse things than having a little more time like this. And it wasn’t so cold as it would be this time of year in Anaxas, luckily. This wasn’t the sort of thing she thought she could have done there, for so many reasons, weather firmly among them still if she ignored the rather more serious ones. She laughed, pleased and breathless, at that solemn apology. He didn’t seem sorry at all; neither, it had to be admitted, was she.

”I can, ah, forgive you this time, I think.” It was hard to speak, even to make stupid jokes, when he was touching her like that. She wasn’t sorry for that either; it was certainly better than thinking about how strange and exposed she felt, or how the room warped their voices to something that came back to her ears in a not entirely unpleasant way.

Drown it out, drown it out—bury it all under things she liked. There were enough of those, weren’t there? Plenty enough to make up for a lifetime of marks all over her, large and small. The set of her smile was bright and eager, and her hands were less shy, at least, than the rest of her.
Aremu Ediwo

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:31 am

Aurelie had laughed, when he apologized; Aremu didn’t know whether it was the sound of her laughter or the amused response, just a little breathless, but he laughed too. It felt, though he supposed it shouldn’t have, warm in the air around him, warm against him and her too; he kissed her again.

Aremu managed to ease himself away, with a little groan; his hand traced along her one last moment, and he twisted back over the tub, turning the water off. He looked back at Aurelie, smiling at her, more than a little soft and more than a little tender.

“It’s time, I think,” Aremu said with a little groan. He shifted, stepping into the tub; the water was quite warm, lapping up his leg; muscles he hadn’t quite known were sore seemed to loosen, a little, at the touch of it. He sank down, sitting against one curved side of the tub, sinking in up to his stomach; his left arm rested on the metal rim, and his right folded over, wrist just out of sight on the other side.

“You could sit here,” Aremu suggested, his voice a little hoarse; he looked up at Aurelie, smiling. It would be hard to help you wash, otherwise, he wanted to say, if you’re too far away –

He knew. He had been with enough people, Aremu thought, grimly, to know; for all she was smiling, and for all her hands hadn’t been shy in their explorations. There was, he thought, some part of her that was – uncomfortable? nervous? He didn’t know what quite to call it, but he knew that there was something holding her back.

It didn’t matter, Aremu wanted to tell himself, and he knew he couldn’t, quite. It was true that he knew he should leave her to make her own decisions; it was true that he needed to respect her, whether that was in the decision to come sit against him in the tub, or to sit on the far opposite side, though he thought that would be more than a little uncomfortable.

Tell me, he wanted to say, what’s wrong; tell me what I can do to reassure you. He didn’t know; he didn’t know. Was she ashamed of what they did together? Ashamed of him, or the sort of shame that he knew seeped in, for some people, to finding pleasure? Was she nervous? She had been, the night before, he thought; it was reasonable to still be, even now. He remembered that, too, although with a sinking ache in his stomach, he thought that he was long past such nerves, and such shame too.

Except, he thought, a little amused at himself, for the way the sight of her seemed to race through him; she burned somewhere in the core of him, and he thought there wouldn’t be any release which would be enough.

The warm water lapped at him, softly; he smiled at Aurelie, admiring her, and didn’t say anything of the things racing through him. He let her make her choices, instead; he didn’t know where the line between reassurance and pressure was, and it scared him, the thought that he might cross it.

Aurelie Steerpike

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Almost, she thought a little ruefully; she'd almost gotten caught up again, forgetting about the water entirely. Having to run the taps a third time might have been a bit much. Maybe, possibly. When Aurelie tried to think if she would have minded, she found that she didn't think she would. Perhaps at the waste—of heat, of water. Not of time; that wouldn't be wasted at all.

There was a trick, she thought, to not thinking about herself too much. Not in the way that she was proving herself wont to doing in this sort of moment, at least. The anxious, pinched way, where the racing of her mind could hardly seem to settle on what it was she was anxious about. If it started on all the scars and callused places on her hands and her arms (and then moving, unerringly, to her chest and her back, marks more serious and memorable), then it would shift as soon as she had put that to rest to something else. The curl of dark ink on her arm, stark against her skin; her tendency to fretfulness and attendant hesitation; the audacity of thinking this was something she was allowed to have. On and on she could go—if she let herself.

If she didn't, and just now she was managing to set it aside to some degree, it all seemed so clear and simple. Aremu eased away, smiling at her with a softness that burned right through to the center of her even more than any of the kisses or the touch of his hand on her skin. At least as much as when they'd been getting undressed, and he'd—Aurelie's smile caught between her teeth, thinking on it. Aremu stepped in first, and in her unthinking-thoughtfulness, Aurelie let herself watch like she needed to memorize every shift and line. Perhaps she did; perhaps she was only making things harder for herself, in the end.

"I could," she agreed, a sound to her voice that was becoming less entirely unfamiliar to her ears. Chimes, was that a foolish thing to say—but, she reminded herself, she wasn't going to think about it. As much as she could, she wasn't going to think about it. Her fingers skimmed just a moment along the metal rim of the tub. It was awkward, standing here by herself.

Aurelie looked down at Aremu, smiling at her. She didn't think about what her own face was doing; it was warm, she knew, red for certain. Soft, more than likely. "I was planning on it."

She wasn't going to think about herself or what she was doing, so she didn't. She leaned forward to kiss him again, lightly, and only for a moment. Then she climbed into the water after him, warm and wonderful. There were awkward moments to the process of settling against him, certainly; it was easier to just laugh at herself when she wasn't thinking so hard, too. Whatever else she might have thought, she held on to that. Warm and wonderful, she reminded herself; all of it.
Aremu Ediwo

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 pm

I could, Aurelie had said, and Aremu tried to listen to the different tones in her voice, trying to discern whether it was worry, really, or shame, or nerves, which lingered beneath the husky warmth of it. It was hard, when all he wanted to hear was the warmth, and none of the rest.

I was planning on it, she offered, blushing and smiling at once, and Aremu grinned at her. She leaned forward, and he shifted up, meeting her kiss with his own. She settled into his lap with a bit of splashing and giggling, and Aremu found he laughed, too, his breath more than a little ragged as she nestled down against him.

He was glad; he was glad. She had every right to tell him no, he told herself, and he wouldn’t have been disappointed if she had, or at least he wouldn’t have had the least right to disappointment; all the same, he was glad.

“This is very nice,” Aremu murmured, somewhat hoarse still. He brushed his lips over the back of Aurelie’s neck, his left hand stroking a few strands of damp hair off of her skin, tracing gently over her back, along her side. His right arm he left out of the way, still dangling off the edge of the tub, the lack of a hand out of sight unless one searched for it.

It was, he thought, very nice; very nice was perhaps a significant understatement. He was every inch of him aware of Aurelie’s pressure on his lap, of every bit of her settled against him, and that was certainly more than a little pleasurable all on its own. More than that, he thought, it was just – there was something reassuring about it, about having her there, comfortable and easy, about her having wanted all of this, with him, too.

This, he thought, wasn’t the time to trace such thoughts too far along. Perhaps there was no good time, to trace such thoughts along, or perhaps it was the setting aside of them which was a mistake; he didn’t know. He knew that he wanted to be there, in the moment, enjoying the tiny little sigh Aurelie made when his fingers traced over her hip, and the somewhat louder noises she made, sometimes, when his fingers traced elsewhere.

“I could help you wash your back,” Aremu suggested, cheerfully, wet fingertips making a trail back up to her shoulder, tracing the line of her inch by inch. “Or your hair, if you want,” he traced his fingers up along the back of her neck, stroking them through the shorter, softer hairs which grew there, leaning forward to plant another kiss on the back of her neck.

“I’ve never washed hair before,” Aremu said, mock-solemnly. “Well – hair like yours. But I could try,” he pressed his lips to her skin once more, grinning.

Aurelie Steerpike

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:58 pm

"It is," Aurelie agreed, easily. That was putting it rather mildly, as far as she was concerned. She didn't know how to articulate it any better than that—"very nice" would have to do. Best if she didn't try, anyway. Whatever might have come out of her mouth, beyond the sighs and gasps and other strictly non-word sounds she made at the trace of his hand on her side, would only have upset this balance she had found between thought and desire.

The water came up higher with both of them there to displace it. She was conscious of the edge of it, of where her shoulders came up above it still. She was conscious, she thought, of every bit of herself just now. And every bit of Aremu, too, as much as she could be. Some more than others, admittedly, settled against him as she was with nothing between them at all. Very nice, she thought, absurdly.

"Hmm," she hummed with a smile, pretending to consider it. She shivered pleasantly at the press of another kiss on the back of her neck, where her hair was the shortest. If she wanted, was it? She was fairly certain Aremu just liked her hair, as often as his fingers found their way to it. She couldn't say she minded, even if between that and the freckles she was tempted to remind him that there was a seemingly unending supply of Anaxi women who fit such a description. Most of them more prettily than she did, even.

"If you'd like." Aurelie laughed, turning so she could look up at him. He was grinning again, not frowning or sighing or careful-neutral. It ran right through her and turned her heart over. "I have every confidence in your ability. And," she added, "there's not much of it to begin with." A good place to start, she almost said, but it sounded a little odd even in her mind.

Looking at his face, her hand braced against his thigh, thinking about what a pleasant suggestion that was, Aurelie was struck very suddenly by how happy she was to be here. Happy and grateful, too, that she should have ever had the chance to feel so. She put her wet hand on his arm and traced along it, purposeless and fond. It was very nearly overwhelming, feeling this way—but only nearly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Muluku Isles”

• Information