A Resignation

Open for Play
Writing letters? Keeping journals? Attempting Clairvoyance? Use this forum to keep in touch with other characters near and far.

Agatha Maplethorne
Topics: 7
Race: Human
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes, including thread history
Writer: Rachel/jadeowl
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:45 pm

13 Yaris 2719
Morning
The letter arrived on Serro's desk, ragged parchment covered with graceful letters turned scratchy, marking the arthritic hands that wrote it. The author had ensured that the utmost discretion had been taken, and the wax seal on the back of the letter remained unbroken.

"Cousin,

You are a damned clockstopping fool. Have you heard the discussion our brothers and sisters have been having? Auntie Sarah and Uncle Toddy are going to come to the party that it is your duty to protect and that damned bitter wine will flow. All because you don't have the sense of a kenser.

What makes you think that inviting the world to the party is a good idea? You're putting the family at risk, all because you're too stupid to be capable of setting aside your damn ego and using the common sense the Gods gave you. Having what may seem like a good party favor doesn't mean that you can open the party to all. Have you heard what the people we want to help think about us? I'm quite sure you have. You can't have your head that far up your erse. But, knowing you, you think that the righteousness of our shared belief will protect us in the dark days to come.

Your ego will be the death of us.

Let me remind you that the ones we want to help do not look kindly upon us because of what Auntie Sarah and Uncle Toddy say we've done, because of the lies and slander spread about us. I have been trying to change minds. But change, unfortunately, comes slowly when you're at a disadvantage. If you had half a brain, you'd realize that opening the party to all only means that there are more people to tell Auntie Sarah and Uncle Toddy our secrets. We keep our party exclusive for a reason, you kenser's erse. Are you so gone in your clockstopping madness that you think a pretty party favor is enough to keep us safe?

I assure you it isn't.

I wash my hands of you and the family. I pray to the Circle that what I see coming doesn't happen. But when it does – and I have no doubt that it will, Lady save our souls – I will not be here telling you 'I told you so'. But I suppose it wouldn't matter if I was there to tell you that your stupidity is your downfall, would it? It's not like you've listened to me about anything over the past few years. You've treated me like trash, like I haven't been part of the family since the beginning, like I have no useful ideas or information to give you.

Find someone else to write your letters. Find someone else to keep the food and drink flowing and to save the bitter wine. I am done listening to fools that think that we can eat with nothing but knives.

When Auntie Sarah and Uncle Toddy start destroying the party with their wicked ways, I hope you realize the errors of your way. But I fully expect that you are so clockstopping stupid that you will think the people that Auntie Sarah and Uncle Toddy take are acceptable losses.

May the Circle protect us. We're all going to need it because of your stupid actions. Mark my words.

Granny

Tags:

Return to “Correspondences”

• Information