ATT: N. Ibutatu. URGENT.

An important letter for Ms Ibutatu. Hand delivered.

Open for Play
Writing letters? Keeping journals? Attempting Clairvoyance? Use this forum to keep in touch with other characters near and far.

Demkaih Alkrim
Topics: 5
Race: Wick
: Hulali's waters wash your sins clean, adame.
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Raksha

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 am

The DeliveryShow
A letter arrives at the door step of Niccolette Ibutatu, received on the 2nd of Achtus. It was posted on the 38th of Vortas. The courier is a young woman with a polite smile and a quick bow. She verifies Nicco’s details, and her employer, and leaves instructions on where to find her, should she choose to respond.
38th Vortas, 2719
​​
​​Ms. Ibutatu,
​​
​​I hope this letter finds you well. It has been far too long since I have contacted you, and I am ashamed to say this is my own fault. The matters of being a business owner have made it difficult to research those words we last discussed.
​​
​​I have however, made some progress.
​​
​​Letters may be unsafe between us, given our prior circumstances, so I have enlisted the help of a trusted source to deliver this to you. They will stay in Anaxas, in your contact, for a tenday after you receive this, lest you wish to formulate any replies. If you do not, I will take this as advice you have moved on with your search and understand.
​​
​​Now, here is what I have so far.
​​
​​A city of flowers where no bloom lives, where the leatherback visit each day. I thought it was turtles, but there is no such city that exists. I imagined your Bastia too, but whilst I am sure you have flowers, they are not the metaphorical type. In the old shipyard speak, leatherbacks are sailors. So for sailors to visit each day, it must be a dock. Three Flowers, it is not a city, but it is thriving with shipyards and such.
​​
​​I believe the clue to find Uzoji’s executioners lies in Three Flowers. There is a proverb, Hulali sink me, I did not think of it when we were last together. The Fishermans Daughter and the Frypan…forgive my blindness, I was—distracted…
​​
​​Niccolette, I know where we must go, but I will not tell it here, for I fear you will pursue these bastards without me. I could not...
​​
​​If you wish to know more, write me and I will return to the Rose. We can discuss, and plan our next steps. My source will bring your letter to me. Of course, you can choose to ignore this, and I will not blame you.
​​
​​I am.
​​
​​What happ—
​​
​​You can be assured I have taken much time away to pray to Hulali, to seek His wisdom and help me to find my path. I acted poorly when last we met, and allowed myself to succumb to base instincts in the aftermath of battle. I shed blood, in Uzoji’s honour, and I have come to realise this is my path. But I must walk it, with honour. Forgive my lapse in judgement. I should not have taken advantage I should have not let myself fall victim to those instincts.
​​
​​If you are disgusted by me, this I too would understand.
​​
​​Hulali bless you, adame.

​​
​​Demkaih Alkrim.
​​

Tags:

Return to “Correspondences”

• Information