[Main Chapter Plot] Tearing the Rift

Known also as the passive plotline, this Main Chapter story arc will explore the roots of passivity and it's magical mysteries that reach into the very core of Vita's existence.

Main Chapter and Player-led Plots
Sign up for Main Chapter plot participation or post story arcs of your own to find other players to participate with you!

Muse
Site Admin
Topics: 99
Race: Storyteller
Character Sheet: My Office
Plot Notes: My Manifesto
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates for Everyone

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am

Tearing the Rift

Storyline Status:
Open to Everyone
Storyline Activity:
Active

Storyline Locations:
Currently centered in Anaxas, most of the current research on passives and passivity is taking place on Brunnhold's campus, though Magister Castor Devlin and Professor Harper Moore. There is opportunity, however, for players from anywhere, even outside of Anaxas, to get as little or as greatly involved as they'd like to. I am especially curious to see people in Kingdoms where passives are free to some degree (Gior and Mugroba) get involved through their respective Universities. [/url]

Plot Summary
What began as research by Monic Theorist Harper Moore with the goal of finding a "cure" for passives has led to a much greater and more mysterious discovery. It has been discovered that passives possess their own sort of field, dubbed a nexus, but its composition is unusual and seemingly inert.

Both Magister Devlin and Professor Moore began this research with much less emotional intention, but after spending a few years with their subjects, both have come to different views on passives and their status in galdor society. This story arc is meant to explore both actual physiology and Vitan magical facts as well as the socio-political and emotional impacts of passives in the world.

Currently, this storyline is in its infancy and I am ready to pick it back up again and begin pushing in various directions.

This is a Main Chapter Plot because it will lead to revealing the secrets of passives over a long, in-depth story arc that will tie in with other magic-related main plots.

Who is Involved?
Harper Moore: Professor of Monic Theory and researcher at Brunnhold, Harper began his study of passivity as an extension of his theoretical thesis. He has since come to realize that there is more to passivity than just genetics and just some biological inability, but that there is something much more mysterious and strange at work.
Castor Devlin: As if he didn't already have too many irons in the fire, Magister Devlin agreed to support and back Harper's research out of what was mere curiosity at first. A rare galdor who longs for social equality, some of Harper's discoveries have captivated the passionate Castor and motivated him to use his charismatic political power to keep the research going, often at great personal risk to himself.
@Fionn: An accidental but willing subject in Harper's research, the young gated passive is now an integral part of the Professor's motivations to continue learning more.
@Niamh Madden: Fionn's sister and voluntary research assistant to Professor Moore, her interests are just as personal as they are professional.

How to Get Involved
Are you a passive? You should get in touch with me to find a way to be involved, even if you're not in Brunnhold as a gated passive. There is most likely opportunity for you.

Are you an interested galdor anywhere in the Six Kingdoms? I can work you in. Please note there is the possibility of legal, personal, and political consequences to getting involved in this storyline.

Are you a human or a wick? This may be a difficult plot to get involved in, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for you somewhere.

Tags:

Return to “Plots and Storylines”

• Information