A Treat of Time

Tonight is the anniversary of Aurelien and Palis' meeting, and Aurelien treats Palis to a night on the town, just the two of them.

Open for Play
A large forest in Central Anaxas, the once-thriving mostly human town of Dorhaven is recovering from a bombing in 2719 at its edge.

Aurelien LeClair
Topics: 9
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Mistral
Post Templates: Post Templates

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 pm

30 Hamis, 2719 | Ainu Residence, Vienda | Evening

Aurelien couldn’t think of the last time he had longer than a moment alone with Palis. Work had driven him to the brink between an influx of new clients and trying to pad his own pocketbook with independent deals, and this was a much needed getaway. It was something he was more than looking forward to. Though it was only a night -- not even a full day -- it would be enough to satiate him. In him was an appetite, not just for the warmth of food, but the warmth of his love. Palis’ strawberry hair would warm and uplift him like a shock of flame.

Tonight was the anniversary of Aurelien and Palis’ meeting. Then, it was hard to figure out where life would take the both of them -- given that they had managed to dodge one another’s orbits for so long. Now, it was fairly clear that Palis was a complementary piece to Aurelien’s lacking whole. Where the former was jovial and bright, the latter was somber and dim. Where the former was talkative, the latter was quiet. Now, they spun around one another like destined stars, and Aurelien knew he didn’t want it any other way.

Aurelien stood on the sidewalk just outside of Palis’ apartment complex, a bouquet of roses in hand. He was dressed in fine evening wear and the color matched his usually somber mood. Because it was approaching night, Aurelien was donned in a fitting black tailcoat and waistcoat embroidered with a pristine silver thread. His trousers were succinctly matched and a scarf was draped around his neck, the tailends marked with his mother’s emblem. Obviously, it was a construct of his mother’s business, for he always sported Reign as if it was a contract signed at his birth. He did not mind, though, for being bold and fashionable was just one way he expressed himself wordlessly to the world.

There was a carriage parked behind him, the driver waiting to whisk him and Palis away. He had not told Palis what was planned for the night, only that the man be dressed formally. Aurelien knew Palis’ definition of formal would be a treat to the eye. He could already imagine Palis’ hair groomed to perfection if only to be a showboat.

Aurelien was quick in his ascension of the stairs, in his freshly shined shoes, leading into the complex, and equally swift about making it to Palis’ door. While he had been to his love’s home before, this time felt different. Butterflies fluttered freely in his belly, tightening their hold on his gut with every step. He fought to dismiss them, and though they did not listen to his subconscious, he knew they would melt away at the sight of Palis. He huffed a quick breath from pursed, stressed lips and raised his hand to the apartment’s door. A quick rap sounded off, a signature knock that he formulated to announce his presence in the past.

He withdrew his hand and slid it into a hidden pocket lining the interior of his coat and produced one other gift, a small box wrapped with a singular gold ribbon. Inside was a surprise. Not only was it a gift from himself, but his mother in acceptance of Palis’ place in her son’s heart. With held breath, Aurelien waited for Palis to open the door.

Tags:
Palis Ainu
Topics: 10
Plot Notes: Plot Notes

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:18 am

Home | Hamis 30, 2719

One year to the day- Palis had known Aurelien one full year, and he still felt the flush of pink emotion at the very thought of being alone with him as he had over spilt wine and a change of wardrobe. He couldn't remember ever being infatuated over someone for quite as long as he had been over Aurelien, especially this boyish, fluttery love that he had always found to die so quickly. Yet, every moment with Aurelien felt both like one he had known for forever, and one that he had never met. He looked at himself in the lone mirror of his flat, tucked into his bedroom, then through back his head, clutched his thin comb to his chest, and grinned at the ceiling, unable to think over the jubilant joy that celebrated in his head. He sighed, dropping his attention back to the mirror, but his grin remained as he carefully brushed down every loose hair with a practiced amount of product- enough to keep his hair in place, but not too much that made one solid, waterproof mass.

He was mostly dressed. Palis now wore a light grey, faintly pin-striped pair of sharply pressed trousers over dark, well-shined shoes that danced on the blurry line between navy and black. For now, Palis wore a crisp white button-up under a navy, velvet vest inlaid with smooth flowers, a pattern staple to Palis' subtly floral wardrobe. A jacket matching his pants was thrown- in consideration of its creases- over the back of a chair. He was nearly dancing as he finished his hair, tucked the comb back into the drawer of the vanity, and jumped at the sound of a knock he recognized.

His butterflies returned with reinforcements. Palis turned down his lamp and plucked up his jacket in one fluid motion, careful to shut the door of his bedroom gently as he made his way into his the study, parlor, and kitchen of his home. He put on his jacket as he walked in a controlled hurry to the door, taking one final deep breath before pulling the lock and slowly opening the door.

Aurelien was wonderfully handsome. He was always immaculately dressed, which Palis appreciated, but even in the way that he carried himself, the way that his eyes smiled, the way that he looked at Palis- all of it made Palis melt into his arms as he bounded forward and wrapped his arms around Aurelien's torso without so much as a thought.

"You work too much," he whined playfully, muffled in Aurelien's chest, and then he pulled away, looking up at Aurelien's face as he pulled his hands away from his torso, trailing his fingers down the older man's arms to grab his hands. Gods, he had missed this. He had missed the touch of this man, missed the safety of his arms and the care of his hands. He had missed him, all of him, from his meticulous eye and actions to his love in quiet moments.

"But you're here now, and I'm so happy," his lips turned lightly, moving one hand to caress Aurelien's cheek. He could feel his face flushing. And then he grinned, his excitement returning to him and overwhelming him as he remembered just why Aurelien was here.

"I'm dressed like you asked," he mentioned, one of his eyebrows tweaking with mischief and curiosity. "Where are we going?" He really didn't care where he was going with Aurelien- he was in love with the man, not where he could take him- but he was still ever so excited for the surprise Aurelien had refused to reveal. The careful keeping of the surprise made it all the more exciting for Palis and all the more important to know, so he waited impatiently for an answer, swinging Aurelien's hands slightly in his own as he did.
tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 2699
Aurelien LeClair
Topics: 9
Writer: Mistral

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Aurelien caught Palis as the man essentially fell into him. He embraced the man, engulfing Palis in his warmth. All the butterflies fluttering in his belly were instantly dispelled in that moment, giving Aurelien the relief he sought. He never understood what possessed him to grow so nervous around Palis. It didn’t matter, though. Whatever forces were working to make him anxious fled at the sight of Palis’ strawberry blond hair bounding up to him. Before they parted, Aurelien placed a pecking kiss on Palis’ forehead.

Palis’ hands traveled to his own and bound themselves together by the fingers. He looked into the twisting torrent that was the other man’s eyes and let himself sink into the blue seas. “I know,” he said in reply. “Every time I think my work is done, another case comes up.” What he said was an excuse, and he knew that, so he continued: “I’m sorry for not making time for you. I’ll try to be better at it. I’ll learn how to say no for once.” Aurelien smiled, hoping he could be forgiven for his neglect.

Palis’ words brought his mother to mind, how she would tell his father that if he truly loved her, he would make time for her. He couldn’t help but see the parallels in this situation, and he remembered how tension boiled between his parents before his father finally changed his ways. He didn’t want what was currently a displeasure for Palis to turn into something more, something nastier. He loved Palis.

As it were, Palis did not seem remarkably upset. Quickly, the conversation turned to the reason Aurelien was there in the first place: dinner. Palis was dressed handsomely. Aurelien interrupted the swinging of their hands. He took one of Palis’ and brought it up, causing the man to twirl show off his outfit. Aurelien’s smile broadened. He had teased the young man for so long now with false hints and tight lips. Now, finally, he could show Palis what he had planned for this special evening: the anniversary of their meeting. Perhaps the day would lessen in meaning in time, perhaps after years together or perhaps after their marriage. Right now, though, it meant the world.

“My parents refused to throw a party for us,” he joked, smiling. “So, I made us reservations at Serenade, a restaurant in Uptown. It’s not exactly a party, but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.”

He brought Palis close to him once the twirl was complete. The man’s back was pressed to his chest. Aurelien wrapped his arms around Palis and began to sway to the beat of an imaginary orchestra. “We can have our party to celebrate when we’re done,” he whispered into Palis’ ear. The phrase was followed by a low chuckle, the laugh reverberating with the depth of his voice.

Again they parted. “I have a gift from my mother for you,” he told Palis. He reached into his coat and produced a medium-sized box with a golden ribbon tied to it. “I reminded her about this night and she -- of course -- managed to create something, no matter how last minute.”

Aurelien extended the gift to Palis. Inside, the young man would find a velvet scarf dyed a deep navy in color. As if magically pressed into the fabric were flowers of a grey hue. Like Aurelien’s, the edges were trimmed with silver. On top of the scarf would be a small, folded piece of parchment. It was a note from Morgane herself, one that read:
Palis,

I give you this gift with the utmost appreciation. Aurelien speaks highly of you, and if you bring this much light to my boy’s eyes you must have a heart made of gold. Though this may only be a scarf for now, know that I have more in the works for you, my dear.

With Love,
Morgane Irene LeClair

The letter would smell of her lavender perfume, a soft smell that treated the senses.

Aurelien looked to Palis, trying to hide the anxiety he felt. He had not read the letter and barely had a part in choosing the scarf. There was no telling what his mother would say, and he knew she had a way with words. Whether that was a good or bad thing was to be determined.

“What’d she say?” he asked. Aurelien’s curiosity got the best of him.
Palis Ainu
Topics: 10
Plot Notes: Plot Notes

Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Home |Hamis 30, 2719

Palis, pulled flush with Aurelien's back, turned his head to rest his lips against warmth of the taller man's neck, smiling into his skin as he whispered. His voice rumbled with a vibration that danced from Palis' ears down his spine, and he longed to be tangled up in the lines of his laughter that danced on the sheet music of their imaginary orchestra that beat its timpani to their heart beats. He had missed the feeling of Aurelien's touch. There was a comfort in his arms, a comfort that spread from contact through Palis' entire body with a warm dance of liquid sunlight, a comfort that simply told Palis that he was at home in this man's arms. As they parted, Palis longed for it again, the period he had gone without it making scared to leave it.

As Aurelien presented his gift, Palis reached tentatively for the box, his eyes playful and suspicious under his brows as he plucked it from Aurelien's hands, doing his best to refrain from judging it before opening like a child does on his birthday. With the careful nagging voice of his father reminding him to save every box, ribbon, and wrapping for reuse on another gift in his head, Palis gingerly lifted the tail of the ribbon, and the knot fell away gracefully. In one swoop of pale fingers, Palis lifted the lid of the box and tangled the ends of the ribbon in his hand. He reached into the box gingerly, first, in the practiced etiquette of gift-receiving, for the letter. It was crisply folded, no corner outstepping another. He flipped it open with one hand, stepping back to lean back onto the kitchen table that squatted like a bow-legged dog just a few feet past the entrance to his apartment. As he read, he set the box beside his thigh on the table, letting the ribbon fall from his fingers.
Palis,

I give you this gift with the utmost appreciation. Aurelien speaks highly of you, and if you bring this much light to my boy’s eyes you must have a heart made of gold. Though this may only be a scarf for now, know that I have more in the works for you, my dear.

With Love,
Morgane Irene LeClair
He couldn't contain the smile that pressed onto his rosy lips as he glanced back up at Aurelien, sighing whimsically through both his smile and the warmth of his field.

"She likes me," he said finally, nearly laughing as he said it. A fear he didn't know he had been plagued so deeply with was suddenly shriveling away. "She likes me, likes the joy I bring you." His smile was unstoppable now. He turned to the box beside him, carefully pulling up the scarf.

"Oh, it even matches!" he observed finally, bringing the navy scarf up to his face as it dripped over his slate trousers. He looked carefully over the detail of the soft scarf that smelled of a gentle spring breeze. He held up the scarf for a complete look, then wrapped it lightly around his neck with a practiced flair of a knot.

"Tell your mother I love it," he smiled so widely, both for the gift and the knowledge that he had thus far made a good impression on one Morgane LeClair. He pushed himself off the table and came to stand before the taller man.

"Of course, you look far more handsome in a scarf that I ever could," he said playfully, gently lifting the ends of Aurelien's own scarf, but careful not to move it. He was in love with Aurelien with a love he had never thought was possible, a kind of love he had never thought was real. He was just purely in love with him, and it was a love that loved every flaw as if it was a strength, everything, about Aurelien.

"I love you," he nearly whispered, joy melting his voice into a soft liquid. He rested his head on Aurelien's chest, wrapping his arms around the man's torso before saying it again. "I love you endlessly."

tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 2699
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vienda”

• Information