[Open] [St Grumbles] Clan Elzo Entertain

A number of Clan Elzo come to visit their tsat cousin Aodh in Vienda for St Grumbles. Aodh suggests they visit the Clockwork Stag, a favourite tavern of his.

Open for Play
A large forest in Central Anaxas, the once-thriving mostly human town of Dorhaven is recovering from a bombing in 2719 at its edge.

Aodh Elzo
Topics: 14
Race: Wick
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Post Templates: [url=http:/fullurl/]Post Templates[/url]

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:10 pm

4th of Loshis 2729, evening.

It was raining, great sheets off it slamming onto the street the big drops bouncing to almost knee high. A crowd of wicks and witches all wrapped a motley assortment of coats, cloaks hoods and hats rolled down the street, already halfway to drunk.

This was the Elzo clan, or at least the young and raucous ones, and at their head was their tsat cousin Aodh who had been settled in Vienda these last few years.

One shouted from the group.

“So brunno show us some of urbo charms?”

Aodh called back, his white grin just visible in the shadow of his hat.

“Why ya think I’m leading you out here in this filthy weather? Reckon I’m some mant mung kenser?”

This was answers by laughs and calls of, 'You sure yous want us to answer?'

“Don’t know Aodh, maybe just fancy a denk?”
The pack of them laughed and jostled, a few sang and as they met other groups of folk the group got bigger, and they rolled on like a merry glacier.

The Clockwork Stag wasn’t long open Ted Burns surveyed his little kingdom his watchful eye making sure all was ready, it was the fourth night of St Grumble, he reckoned it’d be a busy one.

It was at that point the backwards hung door burst in and over a score of damp, drunk and loud wicks a dozen at least rolled in, followed by an assorted bunch of drunkards.

A wick he recognised was at their head, Aodh Elzo, who was flinging off a sodden greatcoat and hat. The next thing Ted noticed was that most of them were carrying cases of bags.

Then they charged the bar and a grand melee of ordering and drinks being poured and money changing hands began.

All served the Elzo’s claimed the biggest table in the place and all seemed to talk at once a great happy glamour.

Aodh climbed up on his chair a bottle of whiskey in his hand. He took a swig and held his free hand for silence.

“Now, fami I can’t express how glad my heart is at see yous all. Right now though I ain’t in the mood fer talk.”

With that he jumped down from the chair, threw the whiskey bottle to a cousin and open up his mandolin case and all the Elzo’s cheered at the sight of the Elzo mandolin. The rest of them pulled out instruments, drums and pipes and fiddles and flutes. The pack of them rolled down to the circle in the middle of the bars main room and arranged themselves in a loose huddle. Caitlín took a swig from her tankard of ale and called to the crowd, as much as to her family.

“Well if this be a caoja then we be need some so music aye? What will ya have?”

Someone in the crowd yelled.

“Drinkers Lullaby!”

That was met with cheers from the crowd in general, the crowd had grown since the Elzo’s had arrived.

She looked to the rest of the clan and shrugged, they laughed and yelled their agreement.

“Boemo!”

She started the song going, her voice high and clear as a bell, she started slow.
By the second verse all the clan were singing in a great merry din, by halfway through most of the bar had joined in and where singing for all they were worth.

"In this way my friends and I
Sing ourselves a lullaby.
Vodka, Dirty Chan, Chrove's erse,
Demcay Allcream, Green Mad'erse.
Starfly, Balshem's Cream and Chrove,
Blushing Hingle, Wine with Clove.
Queen's Corpse, Magma, Deal Breaker,
Tequila, Dentis Cobbler.
Chan and Whiskey, Hatcher Piss,
Vulker's Sap, and all the Whice.
All of these I drink to you,
Give a hand for potent brew!"

By the end most were out of breath with empty tankards and glasses Aodh took swig from his whiskey bottle.

"You'all want another?"

Tags:

Return to “Vienda”

• Information