[Closed, Mature] Cardiac Arrhythmia

Open for Play
A large forest in Central Anaxas, the once-thriving mostly human town of Dorhaven is recovering from a bombing in 2719 at its edge.

Ezre Vks
Topics: 22
Race: Galdor
: better with the dead
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Muse
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:38 pm

the vaulquelin's house
some odd hour too soon on the 19th of Vortas, 2719
"Please do not think I cannot understand your urgency, Lilanee. I see the situation as a difficult choice—I can only imagine that in my chan-induced confusion, things I said felt very dismissive, but now that I am more clear-headed, I am wary of the danger." Ezre spoke quietly to the redheaded student's objection, feeling her dismay and reading it clearly on her face. He didn't know what the right answer was, honestly, because waiting meant risking the man's life but going immediately meant risking theirs. Well, dru, going at all would most likely be risking theirs, no matter how much time they took to prepare.

The Hexxos Guide longed to have some concept of the phenomenon that warped their spell, that changed it, that seemed to be somehow intimately linked to the mist. He longed to know what the landscape would be like, what terrain they'd be trekking through, and what, if any, wildlife really did thrive in the strange place abandoned by Anaxi centuries ago after the War of the Book. He knew what legends said of the place, but he wanted to find something less grounded on hearsay and perhaps actually more historical—if anything like that existed at all.

He tried to be the calm that Lilanee clearly needed, but it was difficult, here in her company, still feeling very raw, very open with only the vestiges of his rhakor because of what he felt their relationship required in this moment. He knew he wasn't ready—not mentally, not physically—and admitting such shortcomings felt shameful even if being honest was definitely more important than agreeing to do something he wasn't yet prepared for. He'd thought he was ready for the magic that allowed them to learn of Jonathan Emmett's survival, but now on the other side of such an experience, he realized how much more doubt in himself the strange success had left in its wake.

"It is not wrong to feel so strongly, but zjai, it is difficult to find the right balance so that your mind does not stumble over your heart. I cannot say I am very good at such things lately, either." Ezre's words were soft and he returned the pressure of her hands tangled in his in kind, smiling almost shyly when she slipped her fingers from his to reach up into his hair and attempt to adjust all the thick, dark strands away from his face. He'd fallen asleep with it wet and now it was just an untamable mess, really. He kissed one of her palms before they both drifted away toward the blanket, leaning closer to make sure they could be wrapped together that much cozier.

"Kzecka is home to some of the oldest libraries in the Six Kingdoms, possibly the original Ten before some were lost after the War. My umah and perhaps other raen Hexx'en may have some collective knowledge of where to look for information, or even be informative themselves. I—" It was the dark-haired Guide's turn to frown, watching the Hessean lace their hands back together again, turning a little to offer more of his shoulder for her to lean on,

"—it is not an issue of being too close to something. Being too close to you led us here, and while I am not entirely sure if my choices were the best ones, we know what we do now because of our feelings regardless. It is hard to explain Hoxian rhakor to an outsider, but it is not about striving to feel nothing, nor even to express nothing. We are also are often accused of being heartless by other Kingdoms, but at least you know that is not true. Emotions can muddy the waters of thought, but, sometimes trusting those feelings are necessary for navigating in places we cannot see."

He sighed as if admitting trust was difficult, either way, and couldn't help but let his head lean a little to meet her halfway when Lilanee tilted closer with his lips, smirking at her comment and turning their tangled hands over to look at the backs of his, to glance at his fingers, eyes fluttering briefly. He gently rest the side of his face against hers,

"The blue of the nicium seems to have stuck—or stained—but only along the edges of my tattoos. Something else I will have to ask my umah about, I think. Is it—everywhere? How strange."

Tags:
Lilanee Kuleda
Topics: 11
: Let's go on an adventure!!!
Writer: Raksha

Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:02 am

Vortas 19th, 2719
TOM COOKES| DAWN
Honestly, and she thought her hair was unmanageable!

Tucking and pushing thick unruly locks away from tawny skin, Lilanee did the best she could, before giving up and reaching for the blanket. But not before the Hexxos placed a gentle kiss to her palm, bringing another small smile to her lips. Tugging the blanket around them both, leaning together, the Hessean let her brows lift slightly in interest at the proposal that Hox’s libraries might be as old as the original Ten. The Kingdoms of Vita, once Ten as recognized in their learned histories. It would be a lie if the red head said her heart didn’t beat a little faster at the idea of wrapping her hands around the aged cover of a carefully kept tome from the time of the War of the Book. That would be, quite possibly, something she would write in her memoir when she was an old grey woman with an osta at her feet and a warm fire crackling.

Their umah. Lilanee couldn’t say out loud how she was feeling about meeting the woman that had birthed Ezre. Maybe, before Vienda, she would have been excited and overwhelmed and ready to take all the notes. Now though…

She was very sure there might be a talking to.

Burying that sense of awkward dread, the ninth form leant on the cxil’s shoulder, chewing the inside of her cheek as she listened to the other student wade through the new truths they both had stepped into. She hummed in agreeance, aware that emotions did have their place. It was the balance they needed to find, between the cold of logic and the warmth of feelings. It was strange, how far they’d come since what—Intas? Clocks it felt like so much longer. Dressed in bones and black, neither of them the model student in the formal evening dinner. And yet, so perfectly matched.

She missed that night. Missed the simplicity of those shy first moments. Yet, they were still so new to all of this. The missteps of cultural misunderstandings, as much as they had been hard, Lilanee realized when they came out the other side they were stronger for it. The young woman laced her hand tightly in theirs, and resolved to find the balance that was needed for both of them. To be both the logical anthropological archaeologist and the loving partner. It didn’t have to be one or the other.

Offering a peace symbol in her kiss, the teenager was grateful when the Hoxian leaned towards her in return to meet half way, smiling as she drew back a little to jest over the markings. They leaned against each other, foreheads touching as they both looked down at the stained tattoos on the Hexxos’ hands.

“It reminds me of iron filings along the edges of magnetized metal, almost like it’s been attracted to the ink in your markings. It’s fascinating. I wonder, if we were to cut away the first few layers of skin, would we find traces further down or is it just on the surface. Is it staining, or is it something more? Not that I want to cut you open just to satisfy my curiosity, but it does warrant a further investigation in the future perhaps. Not with chan though. Or not with that chan. I imagine we could set up an experiment using a shaved sow hide, a needle and ink, and then soaking that in the nicium solution? Unless Hox uses specific ink. Yes, perhaps your umah would know.” Lilanee brushed her thumb over the back of their own, across the lines that made up only part of the bigger map of artwork.

“Well, it is most certainly on your hands. And your lip.” Taking her free hand, the young woman traced the markings up xi’s forearm.

“Here too.” Flittering over soft fabric, she tugged gently at the loose opening to brush over the inking on their chest, clavicle and upwards over their throat back to the curve of their lower lip, before letting her hand rest comfortably against the angle of their jaw. Her eyes followed her hand, tilting her head slightly to meet the Hexxos’ onyx gaze.

“Seems to be everywhere, though I would need to…research more thoroughly to determine one hundred percent coverage.” Letting go of xi’s other hand, Lilanee twisted and reached to hold their face, pressing other kiss to warm lips as she brushed any remaining tears from their cheeks. She let her mouth trail soft, apologetic nibbles along their cheek leaning close to allow her breath to tickle against an earlobe before shifting her hand to touch against the edge of the teenagers jaw and along the side of their neck. The ninth form paused there, pushing hair out of her face and untangling to step away from the Hoxian and move to the door, carefully and quietly trying to turn the lock as not to make too much sound.

Glancing back at Ezre, Lilanee tucked her hair behind her ear, padding barefoot across the rug to come back to the chaise lounge. Maybe a more mature woman would understand the finer etiquette of intimacy in another persons home, but she wasn’t more mature. She wasn’t even really a woman by the Anaxi scheme of things. Not until she was married and legally signed over to her husband. Right now, she was nineteen—only by one and a half ten-days—and needed to act her age. Even if just for a little while.

Climbing onto the chaise, kneeling next to the dark haired Hexxos, the Hessean recaptured their face in her hands for another press of seeking mouth and gentle teeth. She lingered, letting the tip of her tongue sweep across inked lips, encouraging the Hoxian to shift and lean back should they want to. Even so, there was a slight pause, a moment of questioning.

Was this alright to want, after all the tearful truths they’d cut their way through like some intrepid adventures through a tangled jungle? Was it appropriate?

They would have to let her know, if it wasn’t.

Last edited by Lilanee Kuleda on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ezre Vks
Topics: 22
: better with the dead
Writer: Muse
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 pm

the vaulquelin's house
some odd hour too soon on the 19th of Vortas, 2719
"That is a curious observation that I cannot disagree with—but I would prefer not to be the volunteer. You are correct that the ink used in Hexxos tattoos is somehow unique—it is considered ceremonial and sacred, as is the entire process of receiving them. There is much purposeful mystery that shrouds the creation of the ink and only a select few have been taught the process of tattooing by hand. I have theorized that nicium is actually part of the compound, but no one has given me definitive answers. It is a secret that my youth has kept me from yet being allowed to know."

Ezre's smile was coy for a moment, amused instead of disgusted at the suggestion that peeling away layers of his skin would be an interesting form of investigation. He understood it was not meant in any intent but endearment and curiosity, warmed in his own way by the sentiment. Perhaps once he no longer needed this body at the end of his life, someone should make note to explore it, especially the ink left behind, and record their findings. For now, however, he liked his body how it was and was not particularly enthusiastic about being cut open for scientific exploration. There were better uses for it, currently; of that much, he was certain,

"Whether my mother—or any Hexxos—knows or not, would require some kind of permission to actually tell me. At least, that is my current assumption, since I have not been told already—" The young Guide was not following along Lilanee's slow unraveling of logical thought into distraction, not at all. Exhausted and comfortable, he followed the gentle brush of her fingers with heavy eyelids, thick lashes fluttering slowly when the Hessean traced higher, purposefully parting layers of fabric to drift over the lines on his chest, higher still to come to rest on his lower lip,

"—oh."

Warmth followed her touch, awareness filtering through his senses with a sudden intensity when she reached for his face and leaned to kiss him. Slow to respond, caught off-guard after their heartfelt discussion, mind still sifting through plans and the semantics of hurtful words, Ezre inhaled sharply in surprise when the redheaded young woman teased lightly along the delicate curve of his jaw, tickling tawny skin with her breath. He thought to reciprocate, exhaling through his nose and willing himself to shift toward her more, hands freed from hers moving too late, too slow in his distracted exhaustion. She'd already begun to slip away and his eyes widened in the dark, looking up at the other student when she wrestled free of the blanket and following her quick steps toward the door.

"Lilanee—"

The dark-haired Hexxos did smile. He was still smiling, albeit shyly, sheepishly really, cheeks flushed and heart racing, when the Hessean returned to the chaise. She settled next to him like fresh, hot tea poured into a waiting cup, and while he willingly leaned into her palms a second time, she stole any objections that might have been right there on his tongue, against the back of his teeth, with a very eager press of her mouth. He felt dizzy, shoulders aching at the angle required, sore joints reminding him of the depths of his magical fatigue, but he also didn't resist her, breath hitching with the faintest of squeaks at the nibble of teeth.

Self-awareness trickled down his spine, cold and shocking in comparison to the heat that had flowed from his chest into his lap like lava dribbling over the sides of a volcano.

"—vre'ia—"

It had been one thing to willfully defy the woman who'd dishonored him as a guest, to not only lay some kind of defining lovers' claim on Lilanee Kuleda in her childhood home but also bring to her the kind of apology where his own tongue wasn't in the way. It felt like another to steal pleasure in the home of a friend who'd been hurt and made angry by Ezre's choices, who'd invited the pair to be guests not entirely out of a joy at being visited but out of haste for their safety,

"—I am unsure if—"

Ezre's tone was not admonishing or angry, dark eyes meeting her questioning gaze in the blue light of whatever hour this was before dawn. Physical response was nearly involuntary, pulse thrumming so loudly, and he leaned to chase her lips, unwilling to entirely deny her similar attention.

The swift movement did make his head spin, however, and when she moved to encourage him to lay back, he knew what he wasn't capable of at this moment. The bed was so soft and he sank in it just a little, Anaxi standards of comfort very different from what he'd grown up with. He closed his eyes for a moment, excitement attempting to usurp his tiredness, and when he opened them again, Lilanee was looking at him. The Hoxian could read her question right there on her flushed, freckled face, and he smiled, gently shaking his head, hands reaching to encourage her closer, begging her to lay down with him without asking,

"—I do not think I am in a place to provide an enjoyable exchange at this moment." It would have sounded dry, deadpan from his tattooed lips had he not been breathless, had his expression broadened into a mischievous grin, "I am very tired, still. Weaker than I would prefer for—this."

It was a chagrined admission, especially when he shifted with a slow exhale through his teeth, ignoring aching joints to tangle their bodies together in an embrace that was hardly appropriate. It required wandering hands, apparently, to find a comfortable position, as well as a few more unashamedly bold kisses, but ultimately he'd whisper with his usual unapologetic honesty, "You are more than welcome to test my limits, however, if only because I do not know them. I could also be more than content if you just did not go back to your room and we talked ourselves back to sleep. Both are agreeable to me. Or somewhere in between."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vienda”

• Information