[Closed] Prohibition

The Viendan galdori community demand action from their government on the issues plaguing their city, and the government answers.

Open for Play
A large forest in Central Anaxas, the once-thriving mostly human town of Dorhaven is recovering from a bombing in 2719 at its edge.

Raksha
Site Admin
Topics: 65
Race: Storyteller
: Resistance is Futile. Order is life.
Character Sheet: My Office
Post Templates: Post Templates

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:52 am

38th Roalis, 2720
CITY HALL | MOD AFTERNOON
“It’s a disgrace on our Viendan way of life! Brunnhold never has these issues, never!” A shrill voice sounded in the hall, rounded out by the sounds of other voices either yelling in agreement or adding their own concerns. It was a town meeting, held in City Hall to address the situation that had happened in Kingsway Market, a violent outburst by what people were saying a passive or a wick. Definitely someone from the lower races, just like all the damn problems that happened in Vienda.
​​
​​ “How can we feel safe knowing these hooligans and ruffians are out there? Look at Dorhaven!” Another shout. More cheers. A mob looking for a target. The hall was packed, seats filled up so much so that civilised folk had to stand, a sea of auburn galdori in the midst of an angry moment.
​​
​​A change, on the rise.
​​
​​ “The Seventen are doing all they can to protect this fine city, but we understand your concerns.” Hanz Morde boomed from the podium set up for speakers, his words met with more angry sounds. An older woman, the greying wench with the shrill voice, jumped to her feet in a swirl of black skirts.
​​
​​ “The Seventen have done nothing for us! Your officers are openly challenged in broad daylight by these…these animals! A spell was cast in our very market, dangerously cast at your people, sir!” Cheers and agreement, clapping and fields ebbing with emotions of anger and fear. Hanz frowned, hands held placatingly.
​​
​​ “Madame I must remind you the incident in Kingway was not—” The crowd was riled, they wouldn't listen to him, unreasonable in their anger.
​​
​​ “High Judge Azmus! Sir! What will you do for Vienda? How will the Crown respond to it’s people?!” Another brash voice hidden in a throng of others. The High Judge stood on the stage beside Hanz, hands clasped behind his back, dressed in his robes of office with a scowl of authority.
​​
​​ “The High Judge does nothing! These vagabonds drink and take illicit substances, all holed up in their sanctioned businesses—meanwhile no one controls them! And those Freedom Fighters! Remember Dorhaven! Remember!” Azmus held a hand up as the shouting escalated to a din, nodding to Hanz and approaching the stage.
​​
​​ “Good people of Vienda.” He started, drowned out by the mob. Frown deepening, he drew his field in and uttered a short incantation, clearing his throat afterwards.
​​
​​ “Vienda!” The High Judge said firmly, his voice enhanced to boom around the hall like thunder. The silence that followed was deafening. Pausing for a moment, Azmus let his spell go now he had their attention.
​​
​​ “Good people of Vienda. We have failed you these past years, it is true.” The townsfolk looked at each other, shocked by the words admitted in public. Looking over them, Azmus nodded.
​​
​​ “It is true, we failed you. The Crown consumed it’s time with the Cycle handover, and the pursuit of Jon Serro—a grim victory there, though a small one.” He sighed heavily, gripping the podium as though it gave him strength.
​​
​​ “We failed you in the Riots. We failed you in Kingsway.” Pausing, he caught his breath, pressing his lips together and shaking his head.
​​
​​ “We failed you in Dorhaven.” It was quieter, filled with the pain of loss, bringing tears to the eyes of those so affected by the massacre. Straightening, Azmus fisted a hand, banging it on the podium.
​​
​​ “No longer will this government fail you! No longer will we allow these criminals and half breeds control this city! Good people of Vienda, I have a vision. A journey. A plan.” The magister paused, waiting in the silence.
​​
​​He had them.
​​
​​ “The Crown has created a taskforce, an elite group of galdori, who have been tasked with the duty of cleaning up Vienda. People who have demonstrated values that are of pride in this city. Of strength in the face of adversity. They have been tasked with the duty of keeping this city safe. Of keeping, you, safe.” He punctuated the words with his fist, not once allowing his gaze to stray to Hanz. The Seventen Commander’s face was dark, but he said nothing.
​​
​​ “Commander D’Arthe, if you might?” Azmus gestured to the black haired, black dressed Bastian. He nodded, approaching with all the poise his country flaunted in Vita’s face.
​​
​​ “Thankyou, High Judge.” The severe man said firmly, taking his place and looking at the townsfolk.
​​
​​ “Countrymen. Viendan's. Friends. I take great pride in this honour bestowed upon myself, and the brave officers chosen for this task. We have committed to the Crown to clean the streets of these vile terrorists. Of these intinerants. These, animals.” Moving from behind the podium, he looked at the shrill spoken woman in the audience.
​​
​​ “But I stand here not to commit to you Vienda. I stand here to promise. I promise you, we will bring our fine jewel of Anaxas back to the great beauty she once was.” Inhaling deeply, he gestured to Hanz.
​​
​​ “Commander Morde will continue to lead the wider Seventen, our shining force of Anaxas. They will enforce the laws put in place by our taskforce and our government. I will personally lead this team, to dig deeper and weed out the true problems in Vienda. We will not take a light hand with these people any longer, and emplore you to report any suspicious activity to either your local Seventen officer, or to myself directly. All reports will be handled with absolute confidentiality.” Pausing, he waiting for the audience to take this in before continuing.
​​
​​ “Which leads us to our first action as a taskforce. We have heard you, Vienda. Your concerns about the substance abuse in the hands of the lower races. We know that Yaris approaches, and how the heat can drive people to drink. And drink drives people to believe they are more than what they are. Therefore, with government approval, we will be enforcing a Prohibition on the lower races, effective by midnight tomorrow.” A wave of murmurs swept across the room, people immediately curious. A man stood, his thin moustache oiled slick.
​​
​​ “How does this affect our galdori owned and operated establishments?” Damen smiled coldly.
​​
​​ “Provided you are serving only galdori, then you’ll be unaffected. Any human or wick establishments will be emptied of their stock, so I highly suggest if you've been visiting these places, you find alternatives. We will be doing periodic check in’s for the first season, to enforce and educate. Anyone found to be serving alcohol, or other substances, to a non-galdori will prosecuted by the full hand of the law.” The new Commander chuckled.
​​
​​ “Should anyone need any recommendations of places to visit, I can offer some excellent choices.” Another person stood.
​​
​​ “And what of the humans and wicks? What will you do should you find them breaking the law?” Damen’s smile faded, and his jaw twitched.
​​
​​ “They will be arrested, on the spot, and their crime judged by a group of peers and a government ordained official. I assure you, Vienda has no room for these people, and we will not go lightly. We’ve closed our gates to half-breeds before, and if required we’ll do it again.” More people began to stand, questions to clarify and confirm, but there was no resistance. Azmus stepped forward, a slight smile on his face.
​​
​​ “This is just the first step Vienda. The first step in taking our city back. Our good folks at the Post are working as we speak to print out the information and posters to let those affected know the new rules and of the Viendan Elite Corps, as we have come to call this new taskforce. Now, let's take some questions.”
​​

Tags:

Return to “Vienda”

• Information