[Main Chapter] Haven, Must Be There

Resistance meeting, for those In the Know...

Open for Play
A large forest in Central Anaxas, the once-thriving mostly human town of Dorhaven is recovering from a bombing in 2719 at its edge.

Gale
Topics: 42
Race: Human
: Artful Gunner
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Crosspatch
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 am

in the know | very late
23 ROALIS 2718
The squeeze of tendons, the press as the hold clamped in around the palms and digits. Her eyes briefly flickered, darting away as the shadow of the Wisp as it lingered near. The smith did not budge, holding themselves in place despite the momentary increase of intensity. She met that stare, unwavering as everything of this moment was drunk in.

Leverage.

The lips set into a line, jaw tensing as the quick mind turned and formulated. A slow drawn in breath, the smallest tilt and turn of the chin. She knew what he meant by that, she was not stupid – but it only lead to more questions. Bargain for what? What was he planning that would require such insurance? The lip tugged into a curl, the voice purring between them, “Father always said I was. Though, most would say artful.”

Released, she straightened. A small nod to the Wisp, she watched Serro disappear in among the bodies. Hands into pockets, she gave a shrug, “As you wish Boss.”

Moving alongside Ginny and Stu, the Smith released a held in breath. The orbs swivelled, catching them both and the turning expressions in their faces. A crack of knuckles, there was a momentary darkening of her expression as reality caught up. Lump formed in her throat, hand shifting to paw upon the others. A poor attempt to grip on something, she twitched as she looked upon Stu, “I… will follow you back. I think I need somethin’ stiff. Ye chen?”

Pushing through the crowd and following the shape of the barkeep, the mind of Artful retreated inwards – the thoughts ever circulating and roaming the dark tunnels of the ego. It was done now, the cheers and shouts of onlookers becoming a hollow echo. He knew exactly where he could find her, when the time would come for them to act.

Then the smith would have to live with the consequences of their actions.

And may it not be the doom of us all.
When the last of us will disappear
Like shadows into the night
The broken ones, the fighting sons
Of ignorance

Tags:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vienda”

• Information