Equals and Opposites

Looking for Someone?
Wanting someone to play a sibling, parent, or sidekick? Organizing an event and want players to know about it ahead of time? Place your ads here.

Basil Ambrose Shrikeweed
Topics: 28
Race: Galdor
: The one-man Deep State
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Runcible Spoon
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:33 am

Personnel Requisition
In Search of a Dangerous and Unscrupulous Friend

Basil Ambrose Shrikeweed, esq, civil servant, political advisor, and anonymous bureaucrat seems a most respectable man. That is suspect to say the least. His only servant is a wick thief, he boxes for pleasure at a half-legal establishment on the fringes of the Dives, he uses his office and resources to discover information and secrets that the well-connected and great of Vienda would wish hidden. He wishes to wield that information like a poisoned knife. About all of this he has few qualms. The ethical flexibility of one man does not matter, so long as the intent and the effect are in the interests of order, of stability, and the city.

This work is dangerous, or has the potential to be, but it is dangerous paperwork.

So, what’s all this about then? What is the nature of this request?

Shrikeweed could do with a devious and dangerous friend and ally, someone on whom he might rely for news, information, connections, and a little danger. He has his factotum to handle such matters among the wicks and humans of Vienda, but since I control Bailey as well, I’d like to not just write with myself from multiple angles. To make matters potentially more interesting, what he could really use is a well-placed and unscrupulous galdor, someone who might be invited to fine soirees, but also perhaps a gambler, chancer, and a rake. In short, a classic roguish type.

Or some such thing. A contrasting character with a life all their own, with all the savory and unsavory connections they might wish, but one who is not averse to tense conversations over coffee and brandy, and a little conspiracy and danger.

Tags:

Return to “Matchmaking and Wanted Ads”

• Information