Naul's Plot Notes

Superior studies.

Plot Notes and Thread Trackers
Keep track of your character's sense of narrative direction as well as list your threads here.

Nauleth Siordanti
Topics: 22
Race: Galdor
: Magus in the Making
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Muse
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:03 am

A Reluctant Professor's
Plots & Things

Character Development & Storylines
Nauleth is an intelligent and motivated galdor, but all of his academic focus is on magical and scientific progress. While he is aware he is constrained by galdorkind's insistence that his species not become dependent on magic, Naul would prefer to focus on pushing the boundaries of magical understanding and monic theory instead of being restrained by scientific theory and methods. As much as he enjoys being a scientist and a sorcerer, he longs to simply be the latter and not the former, free from the chains of social and academic convention in order to be a wild and untamed explorer of what the mona has to offer the wielder.

For now, he has chosen to push the limits of science through the exploration of electromagnetism and light, looking to offer galdori limitless power without dependence on natural resources and launch Vita into an industrial age.

Friends & Family
Nauleth's parents are Hadrian and Iralia Siordanti. Hadrian is an Incumbent in the Anaxi government, a powerful politician and part of the governing body of Vienda with a lot of influence over economic matters due to his connection to businessmen in the Soot District. Iralia supports her husband and raised her children, and now that they have all been out of the house for years has taken up painting.

Nauleth's sister, Norielle is a 9th form student.

Ever since Naul's backlash in 2710, he has not really pursued deep friendships with too many people. He has several acquaintances and friends with other galdori Brunnhold PCs, although Naul's poor social skills often leave much to be desired, so focused is the junior professor on pursuing his intellectual whims to remember to take time to foster and nurture deeper relationships with others. Mateo is one of his roommates and perhaps his best friend, having stuck with him even after the accident that nearly disabled the eldest Siordanti permanently. He is a physicist and Quantitative-focused sorcerer, often assisting Naul in his crazy experiments.

Other than that, Naul is certainly open to new friends, past and present!

Lovers & Romances
Naul considers himself heterosexual, but he certainly has no emotional or intellectual objection to his own gender should someone present themselves an interesting and compatible pairing. Antisocial and generally buried behind a theory book or a grimiore, he has never really chased after such a deep personal relationship until he met Athrym Bruthgrave, who he happens to have an arranged marriage with through an agreement between both of their parents without his knowledge or consent.

In Roalis 2718, Naul proposed independently of this knowledge, though the pair have had several disagreements over social beliefs and are currently estranged and in different Kingdoms as of Autumn 2718.

In Roalis 2719, the pair eloped in Vienda after a traumatic escape from Gior.

If you'd like a past or present romantic relationship with Nauleth, good luck and get in touch!

Antagonists & Enemies
Nauleth and Daalton are more or less frenemies, but Naul's abrasive, superior attitude tends to earn him more enemies than friends, except perhaps in the academic society that he lives most of his life in.

I'm very open for competition, either directly in his field (physical conversation/physics) or just in life in general.

Miscelleaneous
Coming soon.
Last edited by Nauleth Siordanti on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 am, edited 9 times in total.

Tags:
Nauleth Siordanti

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:45 am

Character Inspiration

Reference Material
I think I'd like to venture into a mad sorcerer, physicist, engineer, and experimental scientist sort of direction with Naul, and in a Kingdom on the verge of Industrial Revolution, electricity, light, and power seem like a lot of fun areas to explore. There's a lot of good historical references there to draw from as well, but I'm mostly inspired by the likes of Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla. Although, in terms of personality, Naul is probably more like Albert Einstein in that he's not a businessman and isn't largely concerned with the economics of his experimentation so much as the pure joy of discovery and understanding.As a galdor, however, politics and economy will eventually find him, I'm sure, whether he's willing or not.

Michael Faraday is also a good inspiration point.

Futurism is kind of interesting.

Things to Study
Electricity and Light alongside Physical and Quantitative Conversations are probably where I'm going to go with his studies, so I, OOC, need to seriously study up. If I can avoid writing about math, that will make me happy. I'd rather be writing about the crazy stuff:
Last edited by Nauleth Siordanti on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nauleth Siordanti

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:50 am

Open Plot Lines

Main Chapter: The Rift

Plot Status: OPEN to JOIN

Plot Summary: In the pursuit of more magical understanding, Nauleth eventually discovers a Rift in the ley fabric of the world near Gior. Unknown to himself, Professor Harper Moore also discovers a strange Rift, though the two name and understand the strange tearing of the fundamental monic pathways of Vita at different times and in different places. The severity and meaning of these strange disturbances is currently unknown and Naul turns to studying his own damaged physiology for further knowledge because of the lingering effects after being attacked by Hatchers in the Deep under Qrieth in Autumn and Winter of 2718.

Characters Involved:This plot has yet to really get rolling other than the initial trauma of half a year spent in and under Gior, but it will involve Athrym Bruthgrave as well as anyone else who wants to get involved. It is also open in Anaxas to Brunnhold residents, whether students, faculty, staff, or passives (there will be some overlap of this Main Chapter with the Passive Main Chapter, but I can't give all the secrets away.

Personal Plots

Currently, Nauleth is involved in a few personal plots, most of them involving his family, both genetic and accidentally adopted. He is open for more plots! Please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Nauleth Siordanti

Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:04 am

Thread List

Memory Threads

All of Naul's memory threads can be found here.

2718 AT

SPRING
Bethas
Intas
RAINY SEASON
Loshis
Hamis
SUM. & DRY SEASON
Roalis
Yaris
AUTUMN
Dentis