[M | St Grumble] Friendly Companionship....right? Right!

Open for Play
The Six Kingdom's most prestigious university and the de facto cultural capital of Anaxas.

The Stacks | Ghost Town | Muffey

Lilanee Kuleda
Topics: 11
Race: Galdor
: Let's go on an adventure!!!
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Raksha

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:37 am

3rd Loshis, 2719
BRUNNHOLD| AFTER DUSK
She had noticed the scar on his palm, though in her concern for present day injuries, the red head had cataloged it as part of her ‘Ezre Things To Ask When Sober.’ The teenager winced when the Hoxian answered her questions about how the markings had been made, not at all sure she could handle needles digging into sensitive flesh, imagining the bony area’s would be quite painful indeed. The tone of the other ninth forms voice was different as he stood beside her dripping water and blood onto her rug, the sound of it rolling up her spine and pulsing through her field.

“Ten? Good Lady, your spine?” The red head tilted slightly, taking in the adolescent dorsi and rhomboid major muscles that formed the predominant structures of his back, looking over the circular marking across his vertebrae and taking in the minor bruising on his scapula.

“The only child of Hexxos? I thought that was part of the Hoxian religion. Are you the only one who follows it, or is there only one youth in it. I don’t…I’m not sure I understand.” Her gaze shot upwards from his spine for a moment, her brow drawn and face distraught for a moment.

“When…when do you go home?” Lilanee asked quietly, letting her fingers follow the lines on his arm and distractedly making note of their positioning. If she said she hadn’t heard the soft intake of breath, or felt the shift of firm musculature under her fingers, that would be a blatant lie. Instead, the Hessean let the curious feeling in her stomach curl tighter with the feelings that thrummed through her, the tension in the air so palpable it could almost be grasped. The word anatomy seemed to carry far too much weight in the space between them, and Ezre’s soft words were like trickles of warmth down her tanned skin.

I would very much like you to kiss me again.

Gods why did she say that out loud?! Face burning and blue eyes focusing on the bandage, Lilanee filled the awkward aftermath of her ridiculous comment with a deluge of words, smiling when he mentioned his tailbone. Bones, she could talk bones.

“Coccyx. You probably have, and I can see you’ve got bruising on your scapula. I thought Hoxian’s were better at climbing given the heights you live at.” Lilanee teased quietly as she stepped back from her handiwork, overwhelmed by the sudden lack of manual work to distract her from the very intimate present, turning to the confines of her ribbon ribcage whilst trying to be mature about the whole thing. She needed help, he was here, it was logical.

As the Hoxian teased her back, the Hessean laughed nervously, beginning to move her hands away as Ezre shifted to help. The brush of warm hands on her wrists was unexpected, but not unwelcome, and Lilanee heard a rush in her ears as the blood pumped thickly through her body. She hadn’t entirely thought this through, and now tentative teenage hands were searching across the wet fabric of her outfit, looking for the pins to remove from her garments. Heightened nerves felt every movement keenly, and Lilanee welcomed it all, fascinated by the jolt that ran through her.

“Yes, there.” The young woman said unevenly, exhaling with surprise as the Hoxian moved closer to press his lips against the back of her neck. Letting her eyes slip shut, the red haired Hessean swayed back slightly, nervous and curious and excited and scared all at once. How could the brush of his lips against her neck cause such a lovely feeling within her? As Ezre slipped tattooed hands across her shoulders and downwards to find more pins, his voice hot in her ear, Lilanee swallowed hard and didn’t hesitate to lace her fingers with his.

"Let me help with the rest, Lilanee—"

A small sound escaped her throat, surprising the teenager at it’s unbidden release. Opening her eyes she turned her head first, getting lost in the shadowy pools of his gaze, before coming around to face him and willingly meet his lips with hers. Field pulsing with warmth and heart beating viciously in her chest, Lilanee felt light headed as she felt searching fingertips on the front of her rib-esque structure, mind racing with a thousand thoughts. The removal of wet clothing was entirely required, and having an extra set of hands was invaluable. Biologically, there was nothing either of them had that they hadn’t seen before in their anatomy studies. Granted, the Hessean’s line of interest took her inside the body itself, but she'd still done enough study to know what that had been against the curve of her back. The scientist in her tried to rationalize it all, to make it less of a big deal. So the were getting undressed. So they were kissing. This was fine.

Totally fine.

The firm confidence of the other student’s mouth drew another soft sound from the Hessean, and she leaned to chase him as he drew back to finish his bold request, fingers curling into the wide belt as though trying to keep the Hoxian close. Opening her eyes, the young woman looked down between them with a blush.

“Okay.” She said simply, inviting the surprisingly expressive boy to assist her with the removal of the red dress, the wine stealing away inhibitions in the small confines of her suddenly too warm room. Her aura jittered nervously, and somewhere in the back of her mind the student felt a mild sense of self consciousness. What if she wasn't what he expected under all this sodden fabric? What if he laughed, turned away by the shape of her.

What if, what if?! Enough with the what if!

Tags:
Ezre Vks
Topics: 22
: better with the dead
Writer: Muse
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Dormitory H
3rd of Loshis, 2719
"The Hexxos are a religious conclave, zjai. I am, by the nature of my birth, well—it is complicated. There are things—" He pressed his lips together in a thin, taut line, catching himself. He'd already said too much and yet much like the strange ache that stirred within, awakened by Lilanee's touch, he hadn't said enough. Her blue eyes wandered over the tattooed skin of his back, the markings of his caste, his chosen path, in the spiritual journey any living being could decide to travel on should they truly desire to do so. Even as a child, he hadn't felt as though he'd had the same choices—his raen mother had wanted more children, but the gods had only offered Ezre.

He opened his mouth to say something else, but her touch unraveled the tapestry of his thoughts, the secrets he hid in the Crypts of his heart from even Lilanee, close friends though they had become since Ophus. His acolyte oaths forbid him from sharing Hexxos truths with outsiders, and yet he'd willingly left the borders of Hox, the quiet temples of Kzecka and the shadow of Vroh Guar, perhaps attempting to become something else, something more, than just another Hexxos. He wasn't sure in this moment, not with the way the Hessean now looked at him, not with the way a kiss felt as though it had changed everything.

"My birthday is this month. Spar Rhavat—the last day of Loshis. I should go home in Roalis to make official my commitments to my path, but I am not sure if there is enough time." The dark-haired boy whispered in their proximity, light-headed while his thoughts raced, unsure if he wanted to shed all of his clothing or if he just wanted to step out from behind the veil he wore so carefully even in her presence, even now. It felt heavier than soaked fabric, dragging him downward.

How he longed for connection, and yet the Clairvoyant had no idea how to achieve it! After meeting Tom, after his possession, after Drezda had only further made him homesick—how Ezre just longed to bare himself to someone—someone safe.

His body was quite convinced that this meant one thing, while his heart chided him that this meant something else entirely.

Conflicted, he didn't smile at Lilanee's teasing, his amused expression faltering when she turned around, his pulse racing to wash away all the self-doubts that rose to the surface, floating in a haze of teenaged desire and intoxicated arousal that he'd never felt before. It wasn't as though he hadn't thought about these things before, as though he hadn't ever previously found Lilanee beautiful, as though he hadn't ever found anyone attractive at all. It wasn't as though he hadn't ever wondered what it was like to kiss someone or touch them—

And yet, it wasn't as if he had ever shared his whole self with anyone, let alone his body.

Carefully removing pins, Ezre sought desperately to center himself somehow, grasping at self-control like he grasped at cold, wet ribbons. The sensation of her pulse against his lips when he leaned in boyish rebellion against his own conflicted conscience to kiss the Hessean's freckled skin would not have been a grounding one had it not been so contrasted by the chilled press of crimson fabric against his bare chest, the sensation of watery cold reminding him of that day in Bethas.

He closed his eyes and saw in the flicker of firelight not more fantasies of what was to follow this moment but memories of a terrifying, confused, etherial face. His clothes and her dress clung to his skin and his breath caught, mind replaying for just a heartbeat or two the painful crush of some misplaced spiritual essence attempting to crawl its way through his living boundaries—

What had he asked? What was he doing?

She'd turned to face him and he reacted to the movement, hearing the soft sound of acquiescence and feeling the warmth of her breath when he kissed her. Perhaps it felt like bold confidence, and yet the Hoxian knew that is was an escapist's bravado, trading his desire for intimate openness for his desire for physical intimacy. He lingered, turning over the choices in his mind while Lilanee's hands trailed downward and curled into the thick, decorative fabric around his waist. He sighed, mingled fields a warm, hazy cloud of so many unspoken things, First Light blurring lines and erasing inhibitions.

Ezre opened his eyes slowly, meeting the Hessean's expectant blue gaze and hearing her permission. He swore he could hear her heartbeat—that tick, tick, tick of life—oh Gods.

No.

"Lilanee, I—" The dark-haired boy had seen bodies before. He'd washed them. He'd prepared them after death. He'd examined them and learned how the intricate insides worked together in life. He'd touched them, just as he'd touched the metaphorical seat of life through Clairvoyance. He'd seen beyond life and death, too. In the face of his mother. In the face of that ghost in Bethas. In Tom. The girl in front of him knew none of it, believed only parts of the whole, and yet looked at him with a wanting no one had ever looked at him with before.

Mutual attraction could, of course, be whittled away into such unemotional categories as physical interest, hormone-induced desire, and the biological need to procreate.

But, also, it could be something much more.

The Hexxos acolyte who'd dressed the dead smiled softly, distantly, nodding at permission granted, feeling the force of his swift heartbeat as his hands reached up and began to carefully remove pins, began to carefully begin undressing the living,

"—I need to tell you something. Many things. You only know some of me, but here we are—exploring each other. I want this, but only if you do. I want to know more of you, but—but I need you to see all of me. I am afraid. I have never kissed anyone. I have never thought about anyone the way I think of you. I have never told anyone—like you—these things I need to say now."

The boy breathed his words, dark eyes not looking up, tattooed fingers gathering the sodden ribbon and the pins and carefully setting them aside. He moved with purpose. He moved with ritual. He moved with a respectful grace that belied how exciting this was as a teenaged galdor alone for the first time in a room with someone. His desires had dueled in his mind: his body aching with a need he didn't yet understand and wasn't confident enough to seek to satisfy with any boldness losing to his heart aching with a need he felt far more sharply and understood far more clearly.

Ezre's delicate jaw clenched for a moment and he chose to use the simple motions of unfastening stays and carefully peeling away wet layers as his own metaphor: revealing the Hessean's body to his view while he revealed his truths to her in words, standing behind her and whispering with quiet urgency,

"We have spoken of ghosts before, and whether you recognize it or not, we experienced a taste of the truth in Intas in the Crypts on Clock's Eve. I have kept things that I know from you because—" His breath hitched, beginning to slide away crimson from freckled flesh, slowly, words spilling from his lips to fill the tension in the air, "—because I was afraid you would not believe me. Because I did not want to lose our friendship over needless disagreements. Because I have made oaths to keep Hexxos secrets. Because I like you in more than just the platonic sense and I do not know how to navigate these strange new waters. I do not know how to reveal myself—it is not like undressing. This is easier. It feels good. I want more, but—I—"

Her dress sloughed heavily to the floor and the boy found himself staring at her back, undergarments still clinging to her skin, the pleasing curve of her spine and her feminine shape there in his full view. He hesitated, words burning his tongue, more of himself longing to be given to her in too many ways at once. Much as she'd done, he reached out with featherlight, tentative fingers, tracing over skin that had not been marked with ink like his had.

He felt her warmth, felt the way her flesh gave so generously to his touch instead of resisted with the cold indifference of death. Ezre was far from anything familiar and his pulse sang in his veins, stepping around to stand in front of her, dark eyes roaming over all there was to see, taking in everything with a very heated sense of overwhelm building in the cavity of his chest.

"Oh, by the Circle! I was not prepared for this kind of beauty. I thought I was—I thought—you are—uh—I—I cannot do this—not like this. You are so much more than an interesting experiment—"

Ezre was blushing, edges of his eyes stinging with a tumultuous mix of admiration, of fear, and of honesty, aware that he sounded stupid, stuttering. He felt far more exposed. He felt helpless. He half-sobbed, half-laughed, shivering or trembling or shuddering under the weight of what they were doing, of what he wanted to do, of what he wanted to say. Instead of moving to undress her further, instead of reaching to touch more of what he could see, he stepped closer to simply embrace her, arms gently seeking to wrap around her.

Weak-kneed, light-headed, desperate for an anchor, he was quiet for several moments, awkward and suddenly so self-aware. The Hoxian whispered fervently, lips brushing her ear and eyes shut almost painfully tight even though he sought to hold her gently,

"Those days I did not meet you in Bethas—I—I had been possessed. I went to Ghost Town to attempt some questionable Clairvoyance spells and—something happened—and—I willingly offered myself—I—it is who I am, Lilanee. I need to tell you these things—but—I do not want to hide from you. I cannot separate my physical interest in you from my emotional investment in your company. It would be unfair. It would be a lie. I understand if—if I have made a mistake here. I am sorry."
Lilanee Kuleda

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:42 pm

3rd Loshis, 2719
BRUNNHOLD| AFTER DUSK
The last day of Loshis. Lilanee added the date to her mental calendar, feeling a sudden overwhelming sense of loss at the thought that Ezre wanted to leave for Hox in Roalis. He might have asked whether she felt the same way about him as she did her other friends, but the truth was she didn’t have other friends. She had acquaintances, and Professors that she wore out with her words, but there wasn’t anyone else she sat with during lunch or free periods. There wasn’t anyone that gladly spent their evenings in the dusty depths of the Crypts, talking shop and making subtle jokes about the world around them. There wasn’t any that made her heart race and her stomach flutter when they looked at her, even for a second, or that she stole glances of when they weren’t really looking.

There wasn’t anyone else like Ezre, and he was going away.

The Hessean held her tongue on the selfishness of her thoughts, pushing away the realizations that she would be alone again. For a while, or…for good? She needed to be sober for those thoughts, and not pressed so closely to cold fabric covering warm bodies.

Lilanee looked at the dark haired student, her breathing shallow as her eyes watched his fingers remove the last of the fastings from the ribbons, listening to his words carefully. She already knew he’d never kissed anyone before, they’d both admitted that, but there was something to his tone now. Something else that wasn’t there before, and something settled in the pit of her stomach as he moved around her to find the clasps of her dress. She could feel the loosening of the silken fabric across her torso, her field drawing closer suddenly as though to shield the young woman from the shy nerves that caused her heart to pound in her ears.

Oh, the Crypts. A fresh run of goosebumps ran over her skin at the mention of their events on Clocks Eve, still unsettled by all that had occurred. Her scientific, sound, logical beliefs had been collected up and set on fire that night and it was still hard to accept it. Things you could see, you could believe…but…by the Circle it was still so much.

As the clinging fabric was peeled from her damp body, Lilanee frowned, a guilty sort of flush weaving its way though her field. Ezre had hidden things from her, because she’d made him afraid she would argue with him. Because he wasn’t supposed to tell her things. Because he was scared, of them. The realization disheartened the teenager, tears prickling her eyes as the dress slipped to the floor under the weight of so much water. Blinking rapidly, shocked by the sensation, Lilanee stared at the first aid kit still sitting on the bed.

She was a bad friend.

“Ez, I…” The red head sought to apologize, to find words that expressed her shame in the fact that he’d had to hide things from her, and to push back the feeling in her chest that came with that thought. He’d not been able to trust her, even as close as they had become, she’d not given him a reason to trust her enough to open himself and now it was all coming out under the influence of First Light and raging teenage attraction. The brush of tender fingertips over her exposed skin however, stole her voice, bringing her very much back into the moment with a sharp inhale. She’d worn only a light set of undergarments, the dress so fine it wasn’t able to withstand corsets and longpants and petticoats. Instead, she’d opted for a slip, the coloring a touch lighter than her own skin tone and pointlessly hemmed mid thigh with a small line of lace flowers. The thin fabric was not at all built to withstand the watery downpour it had received through her silks, though by some gentle stroke of virgin propriety it didn't cling like a second skin, instead it draped damply over the telling swell and peak of her feminine features. Holding herself still as the Hoxian made his way around her person, Lilanee looked over his face, watching his eyes roam flushed skin in a way that made her heartbeat throb hotly in her veins. She was scared, but at the same time, wildly excited for whatever this had now become. Inexperience gnawed at her, but wine encouraged her, and she felt shivery with anticipation.

Feminine self consciousness crept in slowly, afraid that she might not be what he expected. Hips to wide, skin to tan, breasts too small…they were all stupid superficial things that Lilanee never ever in a thousand years would have thought she would ever consider. And yet, here she was worrying about what her genetic make up had given her bodywise. Ezre had muscle tone, it was obvious even without taking his shirt off, the boy having some physical training. Lilanee didn’t do anything quite so active, not unless you counted walking the stairs of the Crypts, and so she felt a sense of worry about her soft figure. Would he have preferred a Hoxian girl with those wirey muscles and underlying strength? Oh by all the Gold in Hesse, these were stupid thoughts. She couldn’t control her biological shape anymore than she could control the weather. Swallowing the strange shame that threatened to lift her arms to cover herself, Lilanee stood still, fingers curling into the hem of her slip tightly like some sort of safety rope.

The exclamation from the nervous student dragged a small smile of delight from the Hessean, her blush deepening with the compliment and washing away the last dregs of her self-consciousness, only to lift her brows in surprise at his next words.

I cannot do this—not like this.

What kind of a wretched creature did that make her? Here, in her dorm room where he most definitely shouldn’t be, Ezre was back peddling whilst she was far too eager to explore damp warm flesh. Had the alcohol really taken over that much? Had she convinced herself so heartily that biology and hormones were all that were required for intimacy? Wasn’t this what he wanted? What all boys wanted?

Gods, she must look like such a tumble.

“Oh! Oh, of course, I uh…it’s a lot. I shouldn’t have invit—oh.” Quite suddenly, something akin to a sob came from the Hoxian, and his arms were wrapped around her. At this proximity she could feel the firm press of his body between them, a thrill of mild fear running up her spine. But he wasn’t hear to pursue that, not in this moment. Not to explore more of her wet skin, but to hold her, to find comfort. He was whispering in her ear, heartfelt and almost afraid. Lilanee listened, her wide blue eyes slowly drawing into another concerned frown, hands releasing her hem to reach for the boy and hold him gently in return.

Possession? Willingly?

Swallowing the strange panic that she’d felt for a moment, the ninth form made a soft comforting sound, still shaky with pent up excitement that now needed to step back a bit.

“It’s alright Ezre. It’s alright.” She said softly, stretching one arm from around the shaking student to reach for one of the towels just within her grasp, drawing back to disengage from his arms slightly and moving to drape the soft absorbent material around him. Her cheeks were still flushed, and her heart rang like drums in her ears, but it was clear he didn’t need physical comfort. Moving them both, Lilanee pushed the boy gently down to sit on the edge of her bed, uncaring about the damp patch it would leave on the linens as she took the other towel and wrapped it around her shoulders to sit beside him. She reached a hand tenderly to hold his, looking at his face even if he didn’t look at hers.

“You should have told me, before. I’m sorry I made you feel like you couldn’t tell me these things. I can be…brutish…when I think I’m right. But hey, you’re my best friend Ez. This is…we probably should have had those noodles.” The girl said with a soft laugh, before reaching to stroke a dark strand of hair from his face, lip creeping between her teeth with concern.

“Tell me. Tell me what happened. I promise I’m not judging you, and I believe you. I’ve been an awful friend, and maybe I confused wanting to be closer to you emotionally with…with physical intimacy. I should know better, alcohol is an awful thing. But don’t be sorry. Let’s talk. Just…talk.” Her blue eyes drifted to his lips, before glancing into the dark pools that made her feel warmth in hidden places, her field still entangled in his and sharing her mixed feelings of concern and desire. Pushing it all aside for the more pressing matter between them, Lilanee squeezed his hand.

“You don’t need to hide from me.”

Ezre Vks

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Dormitory H
3rd of Loshis, 2719
Ezre had, in fact, found others attractive before. He had let his dark-eyed gaze linger on strangers or classmates. He had longed to hold someone’s hand or feel the warmth of their lips. But at the same time, he had never been stirred to pursue those desires in the way many other students his age seemed so apt and able to do. He was hardly flirtatious, finding the dance of favors too much effort and somewhat foolish when one could simply make friends who were far more rewarding than mere sexual partners. Still, the allure of sex was not lost on the boy, not one bit. It was some other ritual, some other secret to be discovered not in tomes or grimiores but with the body of someone else. It was nothing to be ashamed of or afraid of, but it was also not something to be rushed.

The Hoxian was enticed by these sorts of secrets almost as much as he knew it was time to reveal his own. He wanted to explore his physical curiosities and he had trusted Lilanee with so much of himself already, but there was no way he could allow his youthful, untamed sexual interests to become like another mask to hide from the closeness he desired.

To exist comfortably within the oneness of all things meant that sometimes, one had to do something one thing at a time instead of all at once.

Intoxicated and distracted, his dark eyes wandered over all that had been revealed by the removal of her wonderful dress. He did not miss the expectant look on the Hessean’s face as he let his gaze roam over the pleasing curves of her breasts and travel all the way to the embroidered hem of her rain-soaked shift as if he was hoping to see more of her than was all necessary in this moment. He had seen it all before, but he had not seen her. He had felt this kind of admiration before for those he’d found pretty or handsome, but those previous feelings paled in comparison to the rush of pleasure that tickled up his spine and burned at the base of his skull in front of Lilanee.

Beautiful.

He’d reached too far, too fast, and the brightness stung him like someone had cast light into a tomb.

He faltered. She doubted.

Dru.” Ezre whispered his objection at the beginning of her apology, shifting his hips once the Hoxian realized how his sudden, needful hug must have felt to the Hessean, how obvious his inner conflict must have been. He mumbled a few things in Deftung, his tone of voice making sound as though he was sorry, too. When her arms moved to embrace him in return, he pressed his cheek to the curve where her neck met her shoulder, so keenly aware of the warmth radiating from beneath the thin layer of fabric separating her skin from his own.

He felt her pull away to drape a towel around him and he smiled at her, letting the redhead tug him toward her bed with a ragged breath. Her hand on his shoulder requested him to sit but he resisted for a moment, adjustingthe towel over his body both to dry it and to bring it around his waist. He had learned in the changing rooms of the Gyre that he received less questions from other boys about his tattoos if he kept more of himself covered, and while he had no shame about his body, he was perhaps aware that this was not the moment between the Hessean and himself to reveal everything. Instead, he slipped the knots loose from the cords that held his belt and used two fingers to untuck both his coin purse and an old-looking pocket watch from the folds of the wide, thick fabric, awkwardly holding the towel in place with an elbow and the curl of his body while he pressed the timepiece carefully into the girl's hand.

He then skillfully shimmied free of his trousers, letting them slough to the floor with a wet slap and no hint of alluring ceremony. Biting his lip in concentration to keep himself as concealed as possible, he wrapped the towel more securely and tucked a corner against his hip bone, finally sitting on the bed and attempting to fold his hands in his lap, only for her to reach for his,

"You are not an awful friend. There is no confusion here. I want both things, Lilanee. I meant what I said about being attracted to you, but also, I thought I could separate myself from my physical desire in order to draw closer to you emotionally. But I cannot. You must understand how rhakor works as a Hoxian because I —you are always who you are and I am not. How you act in class, how you act at meals, how you act in the Crypts, and how you act now, alone with me, are exactly who you want to be. I know the look of worry on your face, I know the extent of your impressive knowledge of anthropology and anatomy, and I know now the sound of desire in your voice. I know how you can fill the room with your thoughts, and I appreciate your unashamed openness. Sometimes I envy it very much."

Ezre smiled, warmer, genuine. His free hand reached up to his hair, unfastening it until all of it spilled downward over his shoulders, long enough to tickle his back. His dark gaze strayed over her body, unable to help himself here on her bed, and wandered upward toward her face again,

"Who I am on the outside, though you have come to know me better than anyone else in Brunnhold over the past few months, is very much about self-control. That is the first thing." He leaned closer after his admission, fingers straying from hers to trace over the hem of her undergarment, to trace along the border between embroidery and the freckled skin of her thigh, "The second thing is, zjai, I am a keeper of secrets. The Hexxos deal with more than just preparation of the dead, with comforting the bereaved. We also exist to assist those who are between life and death, those who have slipped from the reach of Naulas or have refused to return to their place in the Cycle both. That watch—"

Ezre looked down at it, "—belonged to someone here in Brunnhold who drowned. That day in Bethas, I went to Ghost Town and I met their restless spirit." He went on to explain the ghost in detail—the older man who looked as though he was still under water, who dribbled and oozed. He went on to explain what had happened, not leaving out meeting Tom so much as not mentioning what, in truth, Tom was. He went on to say he chose, in his idealistic desire to assist the ghost, to grant them his body through possession. He described his helplessness and the pain, the decision to purposefully brail in hopes of displacing the ghost, and of its inevitable destruction.

Another day, perhaps, he would explain about Tom. About his mother. About raen. Now was not that time. One small thing.

"I was the terrible friend for keeping the truth from you. It was not because I wanted to protect you, but because I selfishly wanted to protect myself. The knowledge I have is not something that is strongly academically supported, and I long for you to believe me because—because I want to share myself with you. There is so much more I want to tell you, Lilanee, and so much more than dusty old mausoleums or gilded bones I want to explore with you."

Those last words were a tease, Ezre reaching for the watch in her hands to turn it over in his inked fingers for a moment. Leaning precariously over his knees to grab for his wet clothing and to at least drape his wet pants and belt over the edge of her bed, he set the timepiece aside and fell backwards with an exasperated noise escaping through delicate lips. Pain shot through his tailbone and tingled along his shoulder, but he sprawled against sheets that weren't his, staring up at the ceiling of Lilanee Kuleda's dorm room from her bed in just a towel, he laughed, confidence faltering.

He had surely ruined everything.

"Pebbles and stones, I am sorry. We should just be kissing and laughing like everyone else out there on the St Grumble's streets. Your dress was so amazing—the careful bone structure—and you are so pretty. But this is what happens when Ezre Vks is his truest self in front of someone, anyone—failure." The dark-haired boy groaned almost petulantly, feeling the weight of his well-crafted exterior lifted to leave him dizzy and fluttery inside, to leave him breathless in anticipation of her rejection, terrified she'd call him absolutely mad all while longing to feel that warmth of connection instead.
Lilanee Kuleda

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:28 pm

3rd Loshis, 2719
BRUNNHOLD| AFTER DUSK
Taking her own towel whilst waiting for Ezre to sit down, Lilanee wrapped it around her shoulders and patted it over her face, shifting to be seated on the edge of the bed with ankles crossed and hands curled together. Her blue eyes darted to the boy’s own towel for a moment, brow lifting slightly as inked hands disappeared underneath it, only to frown again as an old watch was pressed into her palm. Lilanee closed her hand around it, lifting the timepiece to the firelight so she could see it better.

Her eyes widened and she stared frozen at the piece in her hand when wet fabric thumped to the floor in a sodden heap. Ezre’s wet fabric.

His pants

Keeping her eyes firmly on the watch, the Hessean was painfully aware that the now only towel-covered boy had sat down, and she did her level best not at all to be as aware. She turned it, trying to gauge its age, before closing it in her fist and curling her other hand around his for comfort. It was clear that the Hoxian was experiencing something more than just a sense of shyness, his tone heavier and his eyes looking past the here and now.

The young red head listened to him speak, nodding and mentally noting particular items down. Rhakor. A Hoxian term. Her cheeks continued to flush with pleasure when the conflicted young man spoke about her, showing that he paid more attention than perhaps she had realized, stroking the back of his hand with her thumb as she looked down between them with a small smile. Glancing up again, she watched his raven hair—so straight compared to hers—fall down around his face as he loosened it from its confinement. It was longer than any Anaxi haircut would ever dare, and somehow enticingly attractive, forcing Lilanee to focus harder on his words lest she get distracted by the heat that thrummed within her.

As Ezre spoke about how his external face was about self control, he reached a lazy finger to follow the edge of the damp hem where it sat across her legs, the teenagers lips parted and she breathed quiet unsteady breaths to control the way her skin tingled in the aftermath. It was unexpected, and highly difficult to ignore. The Hessean pushed down the flutter in her stomach, one made of soaring arousal and inexperienced shyness, keeping her eyes on his face with determination. He said she wasn’t a bad friend, and by the Circle she was going to cling to that and clocking well listen.

“It sounds very spiritual.” The non-spiritual girl interjected quietly, her archaeologists mind actually fascinated by the Hoxian’s words. Guides for the dead, comfort for the living. It seemed like an awful lot of weight to lay on the shoulders of a child, no wonder Ezre practiced such calmness in his external mask for others. How many crying mothers had he spoken to in those quiet, soothing tones, whilst their sons or daughters were prepared for burial. She was driven by logic and science, but she had a heart, and it ached a little for the young man.

That watch—

Her bright gaze drifted down to the old time piece, uncurling her fingers to look at it sitting so unobtrusively in her palm.

"—belonged to someone here in Brunnhold who drowned. That day in Bethas, I went to Ghost Town and I met their restless spirit."

Oh.

Lilanee listened in silence as Ezre shared his frankly terrifying tale, a strange shivery sensation rolling up her spine and prickling her scalp as he explained the apparition and its appearance, and the desire to help the lost thing. She heard in his tone, the remembrance of his ordeal, the pain and the helplessness and frowned as she turned her gaze on him again.

“Oh Ez, I—” The student shook her head, trying to formulate a reply that didn’t sound like pity or condescending, quietly delighted by his last words. He took the watch from her, leaning down to collect his wet clothing and hanging it on the foot of her bed before all but falling backwards to lay across her bed with a frustrated sound and staring at the ceiling. The Hessean bit her lip, tipping her head forward and reaching for the pins that still desperately tried to hold her thick curls in place, pulling them out in a cascade of auburn. Shifting the towel from her shoulders, she wrapped it deftly around the sopping mess and tucked the back under, before gently laying back to stare at the ceiling with her friend. Quiet for a moment longer after his self-deprecating words and groan of shame, Lilanee turned onto her side, resting her weight on her elbow and her cheek on her curled fist.

“Ezre Vks, you are not a failure.” She said with a quiet firmness, reaching out with her free hand to stroke her finger along one of those intricate lines that adorned the back of his phalanges and roamed slowly upwards.

“What happens on St Grumbles is a mess, one that I would never in a lifetime have expected myself to participate in. How many of those intoxicated students are going to wake up with regrets tomorrow, loosing themselves in kissing and laughter, so utterly basic and physical. You took the time tonight to share something with me, something that I haven’t exactly given you faith that I would understand or accept, something far more rich than kissing and such. I’ve gotten to know you, Ezre, in a far more intimate way than I knew I could.” Her finger trailed down again, a distraction for her as she spoke serious words whilst they lay barely dressed on her dormroom bed.

“My only regret is that I wish you’d felt supported enough to tell me earlier, when this event happened in fact. Ez, you must be so…”

Frightened? Hurt? Confused?

“..alone inside. You’re carrying the weight of the dead on your shoulders, and yet you hold it all behind a mask of privacy that leaves you to deal with everything on your own. It’s unfair, to put that pressure on a child, however I’m not Hoxian so I have no room to make judgement.” Smiling gently, the freckled teenager raised her brow slightly.

“I can always find another day to be pretty for you.” She teased, walking her fingers to his forehead to move a dark lock of hair from his face, brushing short nails softly over his cheek and resting a thumb on his chin for a moment.

“Sure, I would really love to explore more of this feeling I get when you kiss me, but I would rather give you comfort as your friend, then as your lover, if that helps give you some measure of peace.” Lilanee said in her most grown up tone, trying not to blush at the word lover. It was a mature conversation for two teenagers to be having, yet it felt necessary. More necessary than being embarrassed by suggestive words.

Taking her hand from his face, the Hessean let her arm rest along her side, hand light on her hip and one knee belt slightly over the other to stop herself from rolling forward. Drumming her fingers on her skin, Lilanee exhaled a long slow breath.

“Did you still want that tea?” She asked with a slight curl to her nose, as though not quite sure what to say, contemplating the best way to set up her room for the night.

“You’ll have to stay here tonight, obviously. I’m not letting you go home alone, besides, your clothes aren’t at all dry. I’m sure I can find a trundle cot in the hall storage, and there’s baths on the first floor, though I think we’ll have to find a stealthy way to get you there. I heard people when I came up the stairs, so no doubt someone is home, though how sober they are is another story.” Lilanee was rambling again, her mind thinking on the outside rather than the inside, feeling a sense of protectiveness for the boy that had just opened himself to her.

“There’s no classes tomorrow, so we can leave via the foyer if we wait till those who are still around go in for breakfast. Then you don’t have to climb out the window. We could get those noodles, and perhaps spend some time in the sun, should the weather allow. It’s still raining now, it might still be raining then, but no matter.”

Ezre Vks

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Dormitory H
3rd of Loshis, 2719
The realization that he'd just removed all of his clothing in someone else's dormitory room while entirely alone with them was not entirely lost on Ezre, but the practicality of not remaining in drenched formalwear dribbling all over the floor and soaking furniture somehow managed to outweigh the momentous understanding that he was, at this moment, one towel away from revealing his naked body to someone who was, in fact, more than just casually interested in its appearance.

Lilanee listened. Really listened.

She did not interrupt with her own observations or interject with her own theories, but instead, the dark-haired boy could read the empathy in their mingled fields and observe her careful attention in the gentle expression on her freckled face. He smiled, wordlessly grateful for the opportunity to shed more than just layers of fabric between them, but also to shed layers of much more abstract Hoxian social propriety through revealing conversation. To give of himself with emotion was, indeed, a far more intimate exchange than whatever two curious teenagers could ever do with their bodies, even if such a truth could not be so tangibly defined or explained.

Sharing his experience with possession was to talk of more than just fear and pain—two things Ezre did, in fact, experience that frigid Bethas day—but also one of passion and interest. He had been as thrilled as he had been terrified, and the mingling of those two very different emotions stirred him in insatiable ways he was not in the state of mind to entirely process, intoxicated and distracted. He needed the Hessean to know not only the truth—that ghosts were real, that the spiritual world was real, and that something was horribly wrong—but also for her to see clearly how he felt about such things, how it was more than just a burden passed down into his tattooed hands from his Hexxos heritage, to see clearly how it defined who he was and who he wanted to be.

His sense of duty was not only to who he claimed as his people, a small order of Hoxians responsible for death in a very well-organized society, but also simply something he accepted with enthusiasm. Well, enthusiasm in his own way at least.

Sharing such truths made Ezre feel vulnerable. It made him feel exposed in a way that he'd not really experienced with anyone else, anyone who was an outsider like Lilanee. He felt far more exposed than how revealed he felt putting his tawny landscape of inked skin, the undertones of which were not pink so much as brown, on display.

It was all new enough that he worried he'd get it all wrong.

The boy sprawled on the bed in a sea of his own dark hair would have hidden his face in his hands had the Hessean not reached up and also took down her thick, still-wet curls from their formal, decorative place. He watched, breathing visibly uneven in the faltering rise and fall of his chest, a warm blush coloring his cheeks all over again because he'd been staring but also because she shifted to lay down next to him. His eyes widened for a moment, watching Lilanee settle and feeling that blush dance hotter in his veins with the rush of his pulse as they were quiet.

He felt her body heat and he watched her body move with each breath. He imagined he could hear her heartbeat, but perhaps it was just his own.

Her featherlight touch drew a sigh from him as she turned on her side and broke the momentary, fantasy-filled silence with her serious words. Ezre's eyes wandered. He couldn't help it, not in her proximity, and it was with great effort that he met her blue-eyed gaze,

"Being able to deal with the path as I travel it is hardly a burden, be it bearing the needs of the dead or the living. I have not had the supportive community in Anaxas I was used to even in Hox, but we are friends and it has been easier. I will, however, share with you about my family another time." His smile was soft, genuine, but his eyelids fluttered when she spoke of other days and brushed fingers over his cheek,

"I do not think a specific day is necessary when all of them are already sufficient." The Hoxian riposted her need to find another day to be pretty, arching an eyebrow at her next comment and finally grinning at her choice of words,

"Does that have to be an either/or sort of comfort? While I understand that not all lovers have to be friends and not all friends become lovers, there is surely an opportunity to enjoy both of those things together. Frightening though my experience was, it was my fault for not sharing this with you sooner, for misreading the depths of our friendship. Now that I know what to expect from possession, I will be prepared should it happen again. It is not something I see myself cowering from. Now that I know of the curiosities we harbor, I would very much like to see where they lead alongside our more intellectual respect for each other. Intimacy indeed has many interesting forms."

His tone carried a sort of bravado to it, Ezre full of an eerie confidence with Lilanee next to him. He shook his head at the offer of tea, disinterested entirely in such closeness. The Hoxian chuckled as she began to ramble about sleeping arrangements and washing as if he couldn't have walked to his dorm in the rain in already soaked clothes had he really wanted to leave. Shifting carefully, aware of the towel and it's precarious existence, the boy rolled closer still while the redhead rambled, reaching to place his hand on hers at her hip to steady himself, the motion reminding him that he had fallen with bruising force,

"I do not have to stay, but I would like to." Inked fingers trailed away from her hand, traveling upwards along her bare arm and to her shoulder, his dark eyes wandering downward over flushed, freckled skin just barely hidden by damp undergarments, unable to entirely hold back some breathless sound of wanting stuck in his tattooed chest, remembering what it was that brought him here in the first place, reminded of their very present bodies occupying a singular space together. His legs shifted, touching hers, sliding his other arm in such a way that his warm palm could come to rest against her warm face, unable to help but let his thumb brush over the fullness of her lips while he whispered, intentions genuine but distracted,

"Perhaps we can make this evening an exchange? What of yourself—I mean, about yourself—can you share with me?" Searching her face for a long moment, Ezre smirked, not unaware of his grammatical slip of the tongue but not sure he entirely needed to be sorry. Far too free in Lilanee's company to be inhibited now, Ezre leaned to kiss her gently, lingering longer than he probably should have and whispering when he finally paused to catch his breath,

"There are timely moments for the enjoyment of kissing and laughter—I cannot blame anyone for desiring such things."
Lilanee Kuleda

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:17 am

3rd Loshis, 2719
BRUNNHOLD| AFTER DUSK
L​​ilanee felt a rush of warmth in her chest as Ezre complimented her looks in his direct yet round about way, dropping her eyes from his face for a moment with a small shy laugh, before looking back again. His grin was infectious, and she mirrored it in kind, delighted by the private openness she got to experience with the Hoxian. This was just for her, this Ezre Vks, for her and no one else. It made her feel all fluttery inside.​​
​​
“N-no I suppose not? I mean, of course not. Either. Or both. It would be fine. And really, I think perhaps we both misjudged this…friendship…so I take equal responsibility for this.” The red head couldn’t bring herself to say lover again out loud, feeling suddenly bashful as the Hoxian became more bold. She shifted instead to the safer route of problem solving for the evening ahead, letting her mouth take over her emotions as her aura shifted with tones of magenta that betrayed her still distracted thoughts.​​
​​
Her words about the weather faded into nothingness as she watched the boy roll over carefully, his towel managing to stay put as he did so, the touch of his hand on her hip sending another surprising jolt of sensations through her system. The Hessean’s mouth felt suddenly dry, as she tried to navigate the now very direct conversation.​​
​​
“I uh…it wouldn’t be right to let you go home and be alone right now. I would much prefer you to stay. For…for duty of care. And…and all that. So if you’d like to stay—” Her breath caught unevenly, lashes falling heavily for a moment and field thrumming in the space around them as the teenagers hand stroked up her arm far less in distracted touching and more purposeful movements. The sound that escaped the Hoxian, as quiet as it was, reached somewhere deep within the young woman. She could feel dark eyes on practically exposed skin, all too aware of how precarious the hold of her slip was on freckled flesh, her tispy inexperienced arousal betrayed by the hard peaks visible against wet cloth.​​
​​
Ezre moved closer, shifting his body so his legs were against her own and his palm was warm on her face, thumb tracing so temptingly across the curve of her lower lip. Lilanee let a soft sound escape her at the suggestive slip of the tongue, so very flushed and excited by the boy’s perhaps purposeful words. Taking a breath, formulating a reply in her mind, the blue eyed Hessean instead greeted his mouth almost eagerly with a slight lean towards him. She let her eyelids slip shut, hand moving from her side to rest gently on the dip of his own torso, unhurried in her returned kiss. The longer he lingered, the more her hand moved, slipping to rest splayed fingers against the firm muscles of his abdomen with a short half-moan that surprised her. ​​
​​
All but panting to catch her breath, the flushed teenager opened her eyes to look at Ezre with a heavy half lidded gaze, wanting written over her face like the script in an open book.​​
​​
“Well I uh…you already know most of…me? I was born in Hesse, but I was brought to…uh…to Anaxas and—oh clocking hell.” Sweeping her hand up to his chest the frustrated girl pushed the dark haired boy back onto the bed, capturing his lips in the process and loosing the towel that contained her damp tresses, curls falling to one side to tickle their faces. She half lay across his body, one leg tangled between his below the hem of the towel and other arm propped on her extended forearm, chest pressed against his where cold fabric was quickly warmed by hot bodies. Hers was far less of a gentle linger, and more of a determined satisfying engagement, warm hand moving to curve around his cheek as she captured a short gasp of air before kissing him again. Finally, she drew back with a laugh, so aptly befitting his comments.​​
​​
“Right. Now that’s out of the way. Hessean born, Anaxas bred, but my mother is all Hessean all the time. She fled Hesse when my grandpa died, father wed her and lived there until then, but we moved here because gold mining is a pretty awful business. It was Anaxas, or poverty. I fell in love with father’s passion for archaeology, though he is more interested in relics where I am intrigued by anatomy and genetic adaption. My favorite color is blue, and I love the fall. I don’t like hingle, and would love to explore Vita one day. I had a mirran once called Tails, but it ‘went to a farm in Brayde County’ my mother said. I am very certain it died.” Smiling, still perched over the Hoxian, Lilanee raised an eyebrow.​​
​​
“Is that sufficent, Mister Vks? I could continue to share more about myself if you’d like. I don’t know if you know this, but I have a penchant for talking.” Her teasing words covered the way her heart pounded against her ribs, and how it felt like she was a clock wound far too tightly inside. She could feel the warmth of his leg against her inner thigh, and it only served to turn the winder another cog tighter. Her telltale field filled the room with a rushing sense of pressure, as though the mona were encouraging them to come closer, and the red head couldn’t help the pulse of arousal that beat heavily through it.​​

Ezre Vks

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 pm

Dormitory H
3rd of Loshis, 2719
Ezre hummed in agreement, smiling at the admission of equal responsibility, finding the phrase comfortable and familiar as a Hoxian. He moved closer with a cautious slowness, wanting their bodies to touch. His field felt warmer, more relaxed as he flexed the mixture of Clairvoyant and Perceptive mona within, merging with tangible affection like a caress beneath the weight of her Physical-laden aura while tracing light fingers up from her hip slowly, the visible and invisible sensations nearly the same.

"Zjai—duty of care, is it?" He offered with a subtle, quietly roguish tone, dark eyes finally making their journey upward to meet her gaze again after their somewhat distracted journey over a body that moved and breathed with such inviting life. He turned his arm, glancing down at the bandage, lifting his hand from her freckled skin to look at the bruised heel of his palm before bringing it upward to Lilanee's face.

The boy's thumb brushed over her lower lip, and he inhaled at the sound such gentleness induced, smile faltering for just the briefest of moments before he kissed her. She met him in the motion, Ezre tilting his head and eyes finally fluttering shut while they both took their curious time without that same uneasy caution as their first shy moment in the carriage. Her hand came to rest on his inked skin and his breath hitched, lips parting against hers in an attempt to explore more of her mouth. The young woman moaned softly and he finally exhaled raggedly, surprised at just how much a simple, wandering touch could stir him, enjoying the rush of excitement that tingled through nerve endings and danced through his thoughts.

Heat followed her palm over his tattooed skin and when she leaned away to speak, fires of imagination and interest lit like dry kindling, and he couldn't help but grin, humming some sound of knowing in a wordless teasing when she asked if her summary was enough, but then

"—by the points of Naulas—Lilanee, I—"

—then, the Hessean's body shifted and the dark-haired boy tensed for just an imperceptible moment, the sudden press of cold fabric and damp hair against warm flesh causing him to practically purr a curse, reminded for a moment of the chill of Bethas. As Lilanee tangled their legs together and boldly returned his kiss with far less gentleness, inked fingers curled into damp silk underclothes. Her softer curves pressed against his chest and he felt all the intricate and interesting details of the embroidered edges of her slip, of the physiological indications of her own arousal, quite sure she could feel more than just the towel he'd so deftly attempted to remain modest behind in similar turn. He kept his eyes open, watching the intensity of her freckled face through heavy, dark eyelashes while he did his best to keep up with her lips. Ezre's hands skimmed over a body that was not his own, palms roaming over the new shapes and moving downward from her shoulders to her waist, fingertips brushing bravely lower still until he curled tattooed digits around the hem with every intention of lifting upward.

It was only fair, if not logical, to make sure she was no longer in wet clothing, either.

He paused the motion while she held his face, blinking at her gasp for breath as if he realized what he was doing, but his grip remained, gently, while the Hessean drew back a little with a laugh. The Hoxian watched her talk through a distracted haze, hearing her words above the rush of his pulse, uncurling fingers slowly to instead slowly slide his hands beneath the fabric, lightly exploring upward with a slow inhale, drifting higher without hesitation while he listened to Lilanee ramble and felt her body shift to perch just so above him. Dark eyes widened as he tentatively reached the soft curves of her breasts as if he hadn't at all expected to ever in his life reach such a destination, instinctual desire urging him to cup his palms for a moment with a surprisingly subdued, almost demure sort of gasp.

Deftung dribbled from his lips in a whisper: apologies or excitement, some confused, fascinated, flustered combination of both. Thumbs brushed over chilled peaks and he searched her face, looking to meet her blue-eyed gaze as he explored for just a few, briefly uninhibited moments before he realized he ran the risk of getting carried away. Slowly, perhaps with obvious reluctance, Ezre drew his hands back downward, returning them carefully to the hem of her slip and inviting her to remove it all. Attempting to continue the conversation as normally as possible, he couldn't hide the waver in his tone of voice, breathless and barely able to stay serious,

"I have heard that euphemism before for the passing of pets. It is most unfortunate, but there is no evidence they have souls or become part of the Cycle save for a few—perhaps very misguided—ghost stories. I am not confident in their accuracy, given what I know of the spiritual world." Ezre couldn't help but whisper his own distracted, rambling riposte, though he was definitely grinning now with a press of his tongue against his lower lip at her admission that she was very good at filling empty spaces with her voice and thoughts the way liquid spilled through cracks.

He moved beneath her, shifting his hips, vaguely aware that his towel was precariously positioned now that her leg was tangled with his, the press of a breathing, excited body was so enticing that he could hardly concentrate on anything else. He'd not ached to be touched before like this, he'd not longed to touch someone else with this depth of desire, and they were all very fascinating sensations, the studious scryer reading the emotions in her field as if they were ripples on the calm surface of a bowl of water.

The Hoxian wanted to feel more, to explore more, "That is sufficiently descriptive for the moment, Kuleda-vumien." The Hoxian only mocked his own more familiar stoicism, hardly able to hear his voice above the tempo of his pulse, hardly able to contain his distracted smile while heat coursed through his veins, dancing along the inked trails of ley lines, gathering in all the most curious of places. Ezre could feel the expectant gravity in her field, weighed down by so much unspoken interest and heated curiosity, the pulse of wanting rippling through the space the Clairvoyant had instinctually already created for Lilanee in the way his body relaxed beneath her, offering himself as a willing witness in this information exchange,

"I think I would like to discover some things for myself, should you not be opposed to the same, of course."
Lilanee Kuleda

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:50 am

3rd Loshis, 2719
BRUNNHOLD| AFTER DUSK
"W​​hat was she doing???? What the clocking hell was she doing?!

The thought exploded in the young Hessean’s mind the minute she rolled the Hoxian over, lashes closing over periwinkle eyes as her mouth captured his and her leg slipped to tangle with his. Her heart felt like it was pumping blood through her veins so hard that her head throbbed slightly and her hands felt shaky. There was absolutely no hiding the other teenagers obvious arousal through the thin white fabric of her towel, and the feeling sent a shivery thrill through the red head, unsure what to do now she’d taken over the situation.

Tickling fingers stroked over her shoulders, down her sides to rest on her hips, and lower still till they softly held the bottom edge of her cold wet slip. Lilanee felt the brush of fingers against the back of her thighs, and nervous inexperience took over, giving her cause to catch her breath and hiding it with her laughter and rambling conversation. Every inch of her attention however was on the way tattooed fingers released her undergarment to slip between fabric and flesh, stroking across chilled the bare skin of her torso and creeping upwards, dragging the useless garment with them. The student held his gaze, her own eyes wide and expectant, unsure entirely of what to do now he’d taken over, not at all prepared for the electric jolt that danced right down to her toes when Ezre’s warm hands shifted to curl around the sensitive pale curves of her breasts. The seemingly shocked sound from his lips was far too erotic to her biased senses, and she held still as the dark haired boy breathed words in his home-tongue, encaptured by the foreign whispers that sounded so much like some strange chant.

“Oh!” She exclaimed with a sharp exhale as curious thumbs stroked across unexplored territory, the surprise in her voice carrying through the soft whimpers that escaped her, field mimicking the building pressure somewhere between them. Her eyes closed, breath coming in shorter shallower motions and face perpetually flushed all the way to the tip of her ears. Her cheeks burned, and she mentally recounted just how many nerve endings were contained where his adolescent thumbs stroked, toes curling as another rush caught her like a serious run-off. As suddenly as the Hoxian’s bold touching had appeared, he seemed to find his senses again, slowly drawing away from all that felt so nice with a small despairing sound from the Hessean.

They lingered though, at that ridiculously decorated hem, almost asking a question in that hovering. A question that in this particular moment, she was both saying yes to, and at the same time no. Was this too fast? If she did take it off, what then? It was just her brief underneath, though nothing like those lace things with all the reds or blacks that she heard Bastians wore. Just regular beige, functional fashion for her most favorite garment: long mens trousers. Anaxi women were all about long layers for under skirts, but they were so frustrating. So much fabric, it was stifling. At least she’d inherited her mothers sensibility with fashion. If it wasn’t comfortable, or didn’t allow movement, then don’t bother.

Oh Good Lady, why was she comparing undergarment fashions at a time like this?

Opening her eyes, Lilanee looked down at Ezre again, focusing on his words with a wry smile at his mischievous commentary. It was delightful, his smile and his joking, something about the privacy of it all making it more than just the normal functions of the galdori body language. It made it special, rare and beautiful, like an ancient mosaic brushed free of earth and shining in the afternoon sun. The fact that the quiet, contemplative young man also seemed to ramble in some sense when with her gave the Hessean a strange thrill, somewhat excited that her presence could impacted someone just so. Especially when that someone was Ezre Vks.

The secretly humorous teenager shifted his hips, pressing against the sensitive skin somewhere between her thigh and her hip, and the girl couldn’t help the groan that dragged from her throat. It was all so…so very nice. What was there to be afraid of anyway? People all over Vita engaged in sexual activities all the time. It wasn’t like they would be the first if they did, nor would they be the last. And she’d read enough texts on anatomy and biological stimuli, so it wasn’t like there’d be anything she didn’t understand. Plus, she’d studied the…the uh..

"I think I would like to discover some things for myself, should you not be opposed to the same, of course."

Lilanee bit her lip, drawing the tip of her short thumbnail between her teeth for a moment, her brow creased slightly in thought. Would they still be friends in the morning should they keep this up? Would Ezre still say all his lovely words, or would they be too awkward and shy? Her excited bravado was lifting at the edges like a poorly lacquered painting, but there was still just enough wine in her bloodstream to give her a boost of confidence. It was only fair, because really, here she was practically fully dressed compared to the boy nestled just under her warmth.

Seeing no other way to resolve her situation, Lilanee rolled off the Hoxian to lay on her back, crossing her arms over herself to grab the hem of her sodden slip and tugging it up over the smooth freckled spanse of her body. She would lift it up and over elbows and shoulders—with or without Ezre’s help—and past her seemingly endless red curls to throw it with a wet thump onto the floor beside the bed. Looking over the delicately handsome Hoxian’s face, bare save for the beige briefs that retained some modesty, the Hessean lifted one of the damp curls that spread out around her head like some strange halo and stroked it in a small circle on her cheek. Her chest rose and fell with short nervous breaths, and her field trembled with a sense of adventure and mild anxiousness.

“What sort of things would you care to discover, vumash Vks?” The girl asked quietly, other hand coming to rest gently on her stomach, eyes straying down the artistic tribal tattoos on his body before looking back at his face again with an inviting shy smile. Her aura shifted, warm magenta tones hanging in the air around her and Physical mona almost vibrating with the tension that was building in her field.

This was alright. Wasn’t it? She was alright. Mostly. As alright as she could be given their overwhelming lack of any experience in these matters. Somewhere in the back of the mind, Lilanee couldn’t help but think that Ezre had quite possibly seen everything laid out before him. It was just probably not alive. The sudden thought swept through the girl with a giggle, and she couldn’t help the guilty shift of her gaze to his towel, before meeting his eyes.

“I’m not sure if I have anything to offer that you haven’t already seen in your studies.” Lilanee said almost casually, unable to pinpoint why she found that so amusing at the moment. Nervous humor maybe?

Probably quite possibly.

Ezre Vks

Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:01 am

Dormitory H
3rd of Loshis, 2719
It wasn't as though the dark-haired boy knew at all what he was doing. It was overwhelming—the realization of how easy it was to simply let his base desires overpower any carefully-wrought discipline—and yet it was also so terribly freeing for the temple-born, Kzecka-raised Hoxian who was so otherwise well-controlled to just let go. Lilanee's breathing was shallow and fast, the thrum of her fluttery heartbeat tangible beneath his scarred palms, and her bright blue eyes met his in very comparable surprise, wide and unsure, excited and curious.

That their bodies were compatible was not in question, such anatomical mysteries simply unexplored by the pair in this very non-academic, intimate sort of situation. That they were interested in these discoveries was not in question, either, for they'd been honest in their personal expressions of mutual more-than-platonic thoughts about each other, of a want for a more emotional connection with the possibility of physical exploration. There was no morality at stake, for neither of them subscribed to the Anaxi perspective on sexuality and social acceptability.

Instead, her exclamation of pleasure at the brush of gentle fingers over clearly sensitive anatomical features brought Ezre back into focus—Erogenous zones. Areas of heightened sensitivity, often closely connected to sexual enjoyment. Not to be confused with pressure points he'd memorized through his lessons of self defense. The body was a fascinating landscape of sensation—Touching her felt far more amazing than he'd imagined: he'd touched other bodies, he'd washed and dressed them, but this was ... this was completely out of his realm of knowledge, let alone his realm of casual comfort. This was intentionally a shared experience, the purpose of which was mutual enjoyment. This was new.

Perhaps he was more unprepared than he thought. His ears rang to the tempo of his heartbeat, suddenly dizzy despite laying down. He knew of other places to touch, hands sliding downward, retreating, but he had never—he blinked, staring at a freckled face he respected and—yes—cared for.

His desire didn't falter, but like an iron pulled from the fire, his common sense filtered through the haze of teenaged excitement, well-founded self-discipline reminding him that when it came to sexual expression, there was nothing favorable about rushing through the garden of delights that was another person. Lilanee shifted from her warm, comfortable place against him and the Hoxian's eyebrows drew together in momentary confusion—was she thinking the same as himself? Had he ruined everything with a touch? Would she speak to him again tomorrow for such foolishness? Would she want to sit with him at lunch after his hands had wandered? Was it because he was still intoxicated? Or was this some new level of drunkenness that did not at all need alcohol to cloud his judgment?

Ezre felt the absence of her warmth almost immediately as Lilanee moved away, thinking perhaps he'd said too much, worried he'd moved too fast, but she simply melted into her own bed next to him, arms shifting with a purpose that he quickly understood. Searching her face for only a moment once he realized she was, in fact, removing her slip, his smile softened, eyes drifting downward with the motion of her body next to his. Her hands moved but his did not, the dark-haired boy frozen in place while he watched her undress, the thrill of anticipation a strangely electric sensation.

It wasn't as though he didn't know what he'd be looking at, obviously.

It wasn't as though the female body was a mystery.

But hers was—and that was the difference.

The Hessean's question felt like a pinch, and the Hoxian released the breath he didn't know he'd been holding in a ragged sigh, dragging his gaze slowly upward over a flushed, freckled landscape he'd touched before he'd seen. It was a slow, lingering gaze, the dark-haired boy someone who enjoyed details, and when he made his way to meet Lilanee's blue hues, he blinked.

"I would care to discover what all of you feels like, but I am not in a hurry." Ezre whispered, the subdued tone of his voice wavering when he rolled on his side towards her, propping his cheek up on his arm and curling one leg against hers for support. He was unable to help but let a pair of tattooed fingers trace upward from her thigh (aware of just how little or how much what was left of her undergarments hid from his view) over her abdomen, and thoughtfully, slowly over her sternum, purposefully between softer curves he very much desired to touch again. Feeling the racing of her pulse beneath heated skin, he trailed over her collar bone, up her neck, and gently across her cheek, brushing stray strands of red hair with the shiest of flustered smiles, "I would care to—perhaps—"

He paused, dark eyes taking in the way her curls framed her face, the way her nervous breathing made her body rise and fall, the tension in her bright, warm-toned field. The pause was just long enough for thoughts to flutter through her mind and she giggled, taunting him with words he knew in a context that finally reminded him of his deeper thoughts on the moment—

Ezre snorted. He giggled. He laughed, shaking his head,

"—I have not seen you. Not until now. I cannot properly express the difference between the bodies of the departed I have prepared in honor and respect and the body of a living, present person in whom I have more vested interest than I understood until now. In this singular moment, you are unique. And, I must be honest, it is an entirely more emotional experience than imagined. In all the right ways, Lilanee, but I do not want to accelerate our enjoyment beyond what is, in fact, enjoyable. I do not feel the need to consummate our newly declared more-than-platonic decisions tonight so much as I feel the need to respectfully take pleasure in each other's company."

He swallowed, that buzzing tension thick in his overly communicative field, so merged and relaxed in her company that it was probably embarrassingly easy to read him, that it was quite possible his thoughts were on visual display like someone performing aquamancy in the East Garden's pool. He bit his lip, hesitance curling a tight fist in his chest even as he ached for her hands to wander over his body again.

The tenuous grip on his own self-control was both incredibly thrilling and undeniably terrifying—the same surge of adrenaline that he'd felt in Ghost Town in Bethas, offering all of himself to the dead. Here he was, willing to offer all of himself to someone so gloriously alive—

"I have never—I do not know—I—" Ezre was forced to take a slow breath, leaning to press lips to the Hessean's own gently before curling toward her, settling against her to snake inked arms around her body and pull her against his own, kissing her shoulder and mumbling against it, hiding in the rich depths of her red hair, letting the sensation of his inked skin against the bare skin of someone else wash over him with a muffled groan,

"—I have no idea what I am doing. What I am supposed to do. What is expected of me at this juncture, let alone what interests you. What do you want of me? I do not think I have ever ached to be touched before in this way—" The dark-haired boy was not unaware of how his body reacted to arousal, of how difficult it was to hide pressed so closely to the body of another person, and of how to resolve such things, but he also was not devoid of patience, not devoid of a sense of protectiveness for the young woman he had, more or less, admitted he desired as both a lover and a friend,

"—nor have I ever longed to touch someone else so heatedly. It is, as pleasant as it is strange. You are—well, look—"

Ezre shifted to sit up a little, sweeping a free hand over Lilanee's nearly naked body with admiration and a mockery of academic flare, attempting to sound aloof and stern when really, he was breathless and sincere,

"—you are lovely, but I also enjoy your company as a friend. I do not want to make a mistake by letting my eager, animal self overpower my heartfelt, rational existence. So, could we just—" The dark-haired boy sighed, shoulders sagging, suddenly nervous he was a disappointment in a potential lover already,

"—could we just make slow, comfortable observations this evening? I do believe there is plenty of time after tonight for further experimentation, is there not?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brunnhold”

• Information