[St Grumbles] Lady in Red (Muse)

Open for Play
The Six Kingdom's most prestigious university and the de facto cultural capital of Anaxas.

The Stacks | Ghost Town | Muffey

Niamh Madden
Topics: 9
Race: Galdor
: I'm a good girl...
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Maximus
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:50 am

Loshis 3, 2719 | Evening
St Grumble’s Red Tie, Brunnhold
She didn’t know what was wrong with her. She wanted to snog him and yet she’d damn near bitten his head off instead. He’d hesitated and what had she done? She could have closed the gap between them, but she hadn’t. It was a terrible idea and they both knew it, he was right to hesitate because in the scheme of things, Niamh wasn’t worth it. There were so many things that he had to weigh in his mind, so many things that were entirely reliant on him and she was horrible inconvenience, a potential source of ruin and it-

It wasn’t fair.

It wasn’t fair for her to glare at him either, he could hardly be blamed for wanting her and yet not wanting her.

Her hazel eyes dropped, shoulders hunching as the fire in her cooled and left something heavy and acrid behind. She respected him and she did have his best interest in mind, it was why she’d suggested that this was something fleeting for him, not to imply that he was fickle as so many of his sex could be, just-

“Of course, I know, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have- I don’t know what got into me, I’m sorry, Harper,” the girl whispered, voice cracked from the tears that continued to threaten to slide down her cheeks. She would go inside and make tea and the familiar routine would ground her, allow her to view things in the right light because she had known that nothing could happen between them. It had just been strangely easier when it had seemed like an unrequited passion because there had never been any hope of anything and only her feelings were at stake, whereas now…

He drew near so that he could unlock the door, the youth painfully aware of his proximity and that she was reliant on him to grant her entry and he was so slow, dragging out the agony of the encounter. How could she even begin to pretend when he-

"Gods, I can't do this,” he blurted out abruptly, causing the girl to flinch, nodding in resigned agreement even as she squeezed her eyes tight shut to stop the flow of tears. They opened again, dewing her cheeks as he unexpectedly encroached on her space. There was such an agony of indecision in his face, her heart twisting in sympathy and guilt, hand beginning to rise unbidden to reach out to touch him. She diverted it, biting briefly at her nails instead before letting her hand drop, fully aware what a disgusting habit that it was.

Her lips parted to offer another apology, but there were no words for how she felt in this moment, nothing that would suffice to patch up the wound that she had caused him, the dilemma.

Her heart had resumed something like a customary rhythm while in his presence, thudding in a too-fast rhythm as he skewered her offered lie. Not a passing fancy. It shouldn’t have thrilled her to hear him say it, not when she hurt him, but she couldn’t help herself. Selfish. It didn’t help matters that he focused more on her than the door that he was unlocking, making her feel like one of his calculations that he was trying to solve.

The door was open, she could slip past him but she would have to literally slip past because he remained in the way, not entirely blocking her entry but certainly making it difficult—in more ways than one.

If he was saying that this was out of the question then why was he also talking as if it might just- as if they could-

Her breathing was too loud, the Living Conversationalist almost gasping it in as he moved her hand and she found her palm resting lightly on his chest. The temptation was there to let her fingers curl slightly, to feel and stroke and explore because she had never had the opportunity to touch him like this before—would never have dared—and she found herself hungry to know more of him. The force of her desire startled her, almost stealing her breath from her entirely—as if she wasn’t having a hard time not hyperventilating as it was.

Niamh opened her mouth to say his name and tell him… she didn’t know what she was going to tell him, her thoughts scattering and drifting away as his lips touched hers. They parted briefly and her mouth opened again, no hope of sound coming out of it as the capability of speech had been stolen from her. His mouth found hers again, more certain this time and so full of-

The girl tried to respond in kind, attempting to pour in as much of her feelings as she could without merely glueing herself to him like a bloody limpet, but he had a clearer idea what he was doing and she could only try to mirror him while things went off inside of her like Hoxian fireworks.

Her hand slid up to his shoulder, its fellow seeking purchase on the other side as she kissed him back, fingers fluttering hesitantly at the base of his neck as she found herself wanting to throw her arms around it but letting her thoughts get in the way. Not that she was capable of much in the way of thought right now, her mind a wordless whirl of need and confusion and desire, but she did know that she wasn’t sure in herself, in him.

His own hand found her face, achingly gentle as his thumb crossed the trail of her tears. More of them had flowed down her face and yes, stupidly, they were kissing and she was crying and she had no idea why because this was what she’d wanted. For so many months, she’d been wrestling with her own hopeless longing for him, a fact that had only gotten worse since she’d kissed him on Clock’s Eve and gained a taste of him.

Reaching up into the space between them, the redhead brushed the moisture away, smiling awkwardly, demurely even as she found herself nibbling at her lip, not able to keep the desire from her gaze as she traced over the contours of his face. She enjoyed the new, nearer perspective of every line and curve, including the fine wrinkles that had started to etch evidence of his regular emotions.

They were in the lab now, somehow, the student not wholly certain how or when it had happened, but it was dim and deliciously clandestine and far from what propriety dictated as she let her back lean against the wall, unconsciously licking her lips as she tugged delicately at his shirt, urging him nearer.

“I’ve never liked being told… what I can’t have,” she admitted softly, letting her lips brush against his before drawing back, eyebrows raised as she scanned his face, seeking some sign of approval.

“But I’ve always…” Niamh laughed, partly at herself as her fingers toyed with the buttons of his shirt, “I’ve always t-tried to be a… a-a good girl. So I don’t know- I can’t be v-very good at this…”

The girl leaned in again, heart thrumming as her lips hovered over his, unconsciously licking them again and shivering as her tongue touched his mouth. She continued to tremble, lightly shuddering as her body burned.

Tags:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brunnhold”

• Information