Question and Answer

Professor Gilardioni teaches a sixth form anatomy lesson, with a guest.

Open for Play
The Six Kingdom's most prestigious university and the de facto cultural capital of Anaxas.

The Stacks | Ghost Town | Muffey

Daalton Gilardioni
Topics: 5
Race: Galdor
: Better Than You
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Writer: Bard
Post Templates: [url=http:/fullurl/]Post Templates[/url]

Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:40 am

He knew the mention of his work in Fen Kierdan and Mimsbury would draw Elisora's interest, and it was all he could do to keep from smiling. He still knew how to work her, even after these few years. Things really didn't change much, but Daalton was glad for that. He shrugged and sheepishly grinned, suddenly playing vulnerable, though she knew he was never vulnerable.

"I did, in fact, find something. If you are interested in hearing about it, I would be happy to take you out to coffee," he said, smiling. He seemed so innocent... Too innocent, maybe. But he couldn't resist the analog to their meeting, and he really did want to share his findings with Elisora. Something about her presence made him feel affirmed. She was a walking approval.

When they caught eyes again, though, Elisora noticed something she never had before: Hurt. He looked at her, at a loss for words for perhaps the first time, before he cleared his throat and put a few more inches of space between them. Sure, he wasn't always the most pleasant, but what academic was? But for her to accuse him of having only shallow feelings...

Was she right?

He considered it, but couldn't fathom. Affection was tricky, especially for Daalton, and for him to show any at all was an improvement over what he knew. Had he made mistakes? Yes. Were they reconcilable? Only Elise could answer that. But the hurt scribbled across his face was unlike anything she'd ever seen, and though he wasn't vulnerable, he was obviously put off.

"Why would you say something like that? I may not have always been palatable, but I was always looking out for you," he said, a lie but one he believed. "I understand that I am not the easiest person to get along with, but the time I spent with you is counted among some of my favourite moments of my life," he shared, candidly.

He turned away from her, looking away and back at the board behind him. There was an illustration of how Living magic could affect blood cells, and he walked over and tapped it.

"Do you remember the day we met? Professor Hulle asked you about Ararad Stegnd, and you replied with absolute confidence as to his theories? This is a diagram in one of his texts, still used today, to show how Living magic can affect one's biological functions. This one shows the effect of a racing heart after calmed by LIving conversation," he pointed out, tapping around the diagram. It showed enlarged blood vessels.

"The first time I saw you, I had to actually perform this spell on myself to get my heart to stop racing. That was not a feigned feeling, nor were any of the others. I cared about you," he said, and it was as if he'd just realized it himself. "Perhaps it was you who did not love me? You seem quick to heft accusations..."

He paused and let his blue eyes find her, locking gazes. The intensity in his look was zealous.

Tags:
Elisora Rivaen
Topics: 8
Race: Writer
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Post Templates: Post Templates

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Intas 9th, 2718
The interest gleamed in her eyes and it was difficult not to notice. The plague had been a fascinating topic in her field. They didn’t know much about the disease, but that only spurred Elise’s curiosity even further. Unfortunately, there were practically no cases of the Mugroba plague in Vienda or its surrounding cities.

“That sounds nice, actually,” Elise replied at his offer, slipping a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She saw no harm in meeting up and sharing a cup of coffee. Besides, she wouldn’t be able to think about anything else if she didn’t hear his findings about the plague. “Might give us a chance to catch up. I’m actually surprised that you knew I’m working as a healer now.”

There was silence between them before Daalton finally answered her. What she saw in his face something she thought to be impossible and it sent a creeping doubt up her mind. The man actually looked wounded at her words. She never saw him quite like that before. Daalton was more than competent in faking emotions, but Elise had developed the ability to see through them – most of them, at least. And this… She believed that what she said did affect him.

“I understand that I am not the easiest person to get along with, but the time I spent with you is counted among some of my favourite moments of my life.

“You’re not,” Elise agreed, looking at him with a guarded expression as she fidgeted with a silver bracelet around her wrist. She hadn’t thought about them, about her life with for years now. Now that he was standing in front of her, the flood of memories were struggling to break through. “But I was the one who made the decision to stay.” While Daalton was difficult to be with, he wasn’t always that way. When he showered her with attention, it was too easy to forget all of his mistakes. He could be kind and understanding and charming. But he could also be cruel and inconsiderate.

Of course she remembered that day they first met. The memory was forever seared in her brain. She had been young and utterly star-struck by him. She had been flustered and barely able to get anything intelligently out of her mouth, while he was cool and composed – just he like always was.

Daalton locked his eyes with hers, burning with something she couldn’t quite place. “The first time I saw you, I had to actually perform this spell on myself to get my heart to stop racing. That was not a feigned feeling, nor were any of the others. I cared about you.”

She looked away at his words, unable to look at him. His words threatened to knock her walls down and she hated it. She hated how he always knew what to say to get to her. Elise was so, so tempted to cast a perceptive spell, just to see if he really was telling the truth. A part of her was still afraid to believe him – he had always been such a charming liar. The young woman was swayed by his words… At least before the last part. “Perhaps it was you who did not love me? You seem quick to heft accusations...”

It wouldn’t be difficult to notice how her whole mannerism changed. Her jaw tightened with each word. Her body tensed and her field flared with heated anger.

“No,” she said as she shook her head, her voice turning into a sharp edge. Elise was never one to let her emotions consume her, but this time she let it. “You do not get to say that, Daalton. You don’t get to question whether I loved you or not. Only a fool would not know the answer to that and we both know you aren’t one.”

She finally turned to look at him again, her dark eyes shining with anger. All the pain he had caused her rose, threatening to drown her. She never had the chance to say any of this to him. After she had left him, she cried and then forced herself to bury it all down. “I gave everything for you, Daalton. Even after everything... Now you want to say that I might not love you? You’re unbelievable.”

“Coming here was a mistake. You haven’t changed. Not a bit. I was foolish of me to hope for otherwise.”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brunnhold”

• Information