[Memory] Lock and Key

Palis and Joffrey Jamie find their twin in each other.

Open for Play
The Six Kingdom's most prestigious university and the de facto cultural capital of Anaxas.

The Stacks | Ghost Town | Muffey

Palis Ainu
Topics: 10
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Post Templates: Post Templates

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Yaris 63, 2715
Palis was not quite sure what he had expected in being rescued. Perhaps he had expected someone clever who could frustrate all enemies with a silver tongue, or perhaps someone who, though perhaps not excelling educationally, was quick on their feet and in the brain, always a step ahead. Yet, with a few simple statements, Palis was afraid that he had not met someone clever, someone strong.

In fact, as Palis perceived the genuinity and curiosity in this boy- this Joffrey Jamie Kendrick- Palis was afraid that he had met an absolute idiot. There were many factors necessary for Palis to consider that someone else may be an idiot, but he was sure that he was close to conviction. It took everything in Palis to keep his hand from clapping his own forehead. This was a hero without eloquence, without rustic street smarts, and Palis was afraid that it would be he who was forced to play his cards here, and not simply the dog-eared card of running away. He stepped up towards the approaching boy- a name he recalled as Francis- and glared at him as intimidatingly as he could manage.

"I was just swinging by to see if doinkus here had beat his personal record of escape, then put him back in for another trial if he was out," Francis explained casually, stalking towards them. Whatever confidence Palis had just had evaporated like water on a hot pan. He didn't back away, however, instead expanding his field to its farthest reaches, in the same way, a cat's hair and back contort to make it seem bigger and more intimidating.

"Palis and I go way back. We've got this symbiotic relationship," Francis continued, grabbing Palis with an arm around his shoulders. Palis' face contorted as he was held close to the other boy. "I put him somewhere safe- his locker- and he provides me entertainment."

"I'll burn you again, Francis! Stay away!" Palis began, his voice weak and frantic. "Did you being burned by me? The useless Pal-ass? Did you like everyone knowing that I had bested you at your own stupid game?" Palis' voice swelled as he continued.

Francis scowled. "You got lucky, Ainu."

"Lucky, that's clocking right. If I do it again, is it lucky?" Palis defended, knowing full well that he was barrelling towards his demise. Barrelling, but he had ways to escape, means to slow down the train.

"Alright, show me then. Show me it's not just luck. I'm not scared of you, Ainu, or your stupid friend."Palis glared at Francis with ice lining his eyes as the latter spoke, then prayed silently to the mona.

In an instant, Palis was sifting through Francis' memories, searching for fire. His own vision darkened at the edges, a dull pounding drumming up in his head in a slow crescendo. He found the crackling of flames, a memory singed at the edges by shame and fear, and placing his Perceptive fish hooks into the memory, Palis reeled it back to the forefront of Francis' mind. His vision returned as he retracted his reach from Francis' memory, the edges of his vision solidifying and the pounding of his temples subsiding into a dull ache. He watched Francis' anger fade into a flash of confused fear for only a moment before returning, but Palis's lip curled into half of a malicious grin either way.
tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 2699

Tags:
Joffrey Jamie
Topics: 4
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Rem
Post Templates: Post Templates

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:42 am

Time Stamp
So perhaps his attempt to look at the matter optimistically hadn’t workked. That was no matter - not everyone was meant to see things from that perspective. Maybe Palis was one of those people. But, then again, the comment had come from someone who’d always been much too big to be shoved into a locker. Not unless several people had ganged up on him, but there was never much inclination for that to happen. Maybe his peers were dumber than him to not believe in strength in numbers where he was concerned.

“Oh, you do?” He glanced between the two boys and found this ‘symbiotic relationship’ lacking. Really; didn’t seem to exist in any sense. Which was a shame because he was sure they could get along if they tried. But no one liked trying in this regard.

And now it was something of a confrontation that might not end well for anyone involved. But JJ couldn’t be party to that - getting in trouble in school was not what he wanted in his record. He could easily turn and leave the two to it. However, there was the option of being a peacekeeper. And sometimes, he figured, these situations could use a little help from a third party.

The thing about height with Joffrey Jamie Kendrick in mind is the angle. Sometimes the angle by which he had to look at a person was…something. For one, having to look down at someone didn’t do much to the other person’s self-esteem, as far as he’d learned. And taking a step too close with a much too imposing field left discomfort evident. The non-threatening smile turned into something else when the angle was skewed by having to look up and the fact that he quite literally needed to look down his nose at the other boy.

“Hey, now, we shouldn’t fight. Palis passed his trial, didn’t he? And he seems more than willing to get into it - but I think we could all just go on our way and be fine. You can try another time.” Still smiling, he glanced back to Palis, then returned attention. “Okay?” As if to finalize it, his smile widened - angles to think of again - teeth peeking out with the force of it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brunnhold”

• Information