[Memory] Focus Group (Sienna)

Open for Play
The Six Kingdom's most prestigious university and the de facto cultural capital of Anaxas.

The Stacks | Ghost Town | Muffey

Drezda Ecks
Topics: 21
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Maximus
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Intas 29, 2718
It was the most wonderful time of the year, at least for the diplomat's rather selfish agenda. If Drezda wanted to get the best of the best, to convince students to take an interest in Hox and Frecksat then getting them young was an excellent way of doing it. The woman could be incredibly patient, slowly building the necessary connections over time that allowed her to get exactly what she wanted in the end.

Thus, she was here at the start of the school year, after the period when 6th years had a final chance to change their focuses. They'd all chosen them at the end of the previous year but she knew that some changed their minds after going home for the winter break, having had the chance to discuss things with parents and really decide. Some individuals altered their focuses much later in their school careers - sliders - but they were the last people that Drezda wanted anything to do with. Those who changed their mind at the start of 6th year were not to be contemned though and such individuals might prove themselves easily swayed and ready targets for her words.

However, this was a matter that had to be approached with care. She'd only been a diplomat for three years and so she hadn't been able to do this for too many years, there were still those that she had to nab at a later point. She paid occasional visits to Pleasis Meringue to catch such stragglers but also to learn what she could about the natural aptitude of students; he administered the Initiation tests and so his insight was highly valuable. The Hoxian couldn't afford to show too much interest though, couldn't appear at his door too often, especially as he was a lecher and she didn't appreciate paying the price that she had to in order to obtain information from him. Hence, she kept her visits to Brunnhold over the course of a year to a minimum and she'd made sure to make some additional contacts. Professor Fidelia Runesrow was one such contact.

While the assistant professor wasn't too high in the university's hierarchy, she had a keen eye for talent. The fact that she wasn't too high also had its advantages; it was easier for Drezda to approach her and drew less attention. The woman was younger than her and Anaxi to the core - she had the shoulder-length ginger hair to prove it. If the Hoxian was honest, she found the woman a tad dull, her fascination with moles really quite tedious in her opinion but she had had to suffer through more than one mind-numbing conversation about her research in order to keep her sweet. It was worth it in the end, even if she had to listen about her mole experiments every damn time!

"-so I thought I mhight try to stim-hu-late them with diffherent types of conversahun, diffherent level sorcerers to see how the moles responded, royshhh? Well, it's been very diffhicult, you know. Volhunteers are very hard to come by," the woman complained, pushing her round-rimmed glasses up her nose, the notion that people might not want to cast in the vicinity of ground moles an utter mystery to her. Drezda made relevant noises of interest, a sympathetic sound as well before trying to nudge the conversation in the appropriate direction.

"It really is a shame but it's their loss, isn't it? If they don't take part in groundbreaking research then they lose out on life-changing opportunities," she remarked, each word carefully chosen. "Have you not managed to garner any student interest? I understand that they wouldn't be as accomplished as many older sorcerers but you did say you wanted different levels. No interest from the 6th form? They've just chosen their focuses so they've no doubt had thoughts about their futures. None of them considering pursuing research in a, um... similar line to you after they graduate?"

They walked in the vicinity of the dining area, the clatter of cutlery on plates and the chatter of young people quite audible. Some students dribbled out the doors every so often, leaving before the rest of their peers to go about some mysterious business. Drezda's black gaze followed them more out of habit than any real interest.

Fidelia scoffed. "H-interest? Ha! You must be joking! They don't appreci-h-ate the vhalue. They find hit dull!" she explained, the disbelief clear in her voice. One of these days, the Hoxian might have to slap some sense into her, make her realise that no one cared about moles' magic sensitivity except her. She might also have to see if she could knock those extra 'h' sounds out of her; the way she pronounced most words was a peeve of the diplomat's. Somehow, when she said 'th', one could hardly hear the 't' part at all. There often wasn't a pattern to it either; sometimes the 'h' went into words at random.

"They aren't thinking of their futhures, obviously. Some of them are promising in other whays though, even if they aren't interested in my moles."

"Oh? You've been talent spotting again then, have you? Anyone who might interest me? So I can help them consider their futures, of course," Drezda murmured, a slight smile on her lips.

The professor frowned in consideration, pushing her glasses up her freckled nose again. "Hwell, there have been a few who've caught my heye. Some wilder ones with potenchul if they happlied themselves. Some who seem ovherly ambitious. We'll see how they fare in a few years."

Drezda was eager to plug her for more information but she didn't want to seem too obvious about it. Instead, she kept her conversation light, discussing trivial matters until an Anaxi girl with shockingly long hair - in the diplomat's opinion - stepped out of the dining hall, instantly eye-catching with that mane. Fidelia's eyes found her as well, the young woman perking up.

"There's a 6th form now hactually. One of the ambitious ones. Three focuses, two primary and a sechundary one," she remarked with interest. They eyed her from down the corridor although it was doubtful that she'd noticed them. "Unusual combination too. Static and Living. I don't know much about her though. She's newly transferred from Mugroba. Understhandable she came to Brunnhold. Doubtful that Thul'amat could accommodate something so hunusual. She could have gone to Frecks for the Static, I suppose."

Her gaze flickered to the Hoxian, a knowing smile on her lips. "Suppose she still can. After she graduates, perhaps. Too hawkward to transfer again, isn't it? Same for spending a year habroad. I can introduce you though?"

The diplomat nodded, the pair of women moving towards the girl together.

"Miss Whinebrook! Mhay I talk to you?" the professor called out, hardly waiting for an answer as she closed the distance between them. Drezda could keep up well enough thankfully, no Hoxian-style dress today so she could actually move her legs. She smoothed down the black fabric as she approached, hand moving to ensure that no stray hairs stuck out of her head at unfortunate angles. Nothing could be out of place; first impressions were everything. The woman injected a little warmth and interest into her field so that the girl would sense it, a slight smile curving her lips.

"Mhay I introduce Miss Drezda Ecks, Hoxian diplomat to Anaxas. Drezda, this is Sienna Whinebrook, a sixth year student," Fidelia explained, the 'h' in the surname sounding suspect to the diplomat given whose mouth it came from.

"Miss Winebrook? A pleasure to meet you," the Hoxian purred, bowing slightly to the teenager, expecting a far deeper bow in response. "Professor Runesrow has kind words to say about you. You must have made quite an impression in a short space of time; I understand you've only recently moved from Thul'amat. How are you adjusting to the change?" she questioned, the small talk flowing easily, speech laced with compliments.

Fidelia seemed to sense that this conversation might persist for some time, a slight frown coming to her features before she excused herself, murmuring something about moles and giving the diplomat a meaningful glance as she strode off, a note of irritation in her departing field. Was she hoping that Sienna could be convinced to further her research? Was she irritated by the obvious interest in Drezda's field in the presence of a child that had been lacking when they were alone? No matter, any slights could be rectified at a later point under the right conditions; this was not the time.

Tags:
Sienna
Topics: 11
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Writer: Saffron

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:51 am

29 of Intas, 2718

A weekend typically meant a later than usual breakfast for most of the Brunnhold students, and so the dining halls weren't quite as crowded or rushed as they would be in another hour. This was good, since it would give Sienna time to finish eating quickly, and linger for some time at the table so she could review her proposal for the additional Static project one last time. A trio of students from 6th year walked by her table and nodded at her in greeting, which she returned with a lift of her hand. There was an unexpected benefit to her taking two magical majors, she'd gradually realised.

The Brunnhold student society was apparently quite hierarchical. A student's 'standing' depended on their magical prowess, with those least skilled being regularly and ruthlessly bullied. This was supposedly standard even for the upper forms, even if the bullying took forms more sophisticated than the simple taunt-and-beat styles of the mites. As a transfer student, she would have been challenged in some form or the other within the first week, even if just so everyone could begin to judge where she fit, but the knowledge that she'd chosen three focuses, even if one was secondary, served as its own sort of signal. If she was confident enough in her magic to register for them, then she was most likely nearer the top of the spice pack, the reasoning went. It didn't mean she wouldn't be tested by the students, but perhaps if she was vigilant, she'd avoid the pointless posturing sort of duels meant only to show off.. She didn't have the time or energy for anything drawn out, her schedule didn't leave her with hours upon hours to idle away.

She finished scanning the final page of her proposal, and prepared to get up, then caprised another field nearby. Turning around she found Nadia Siordanti approaching. Nadia was clearly done with her breakfast as well, and she nodded at Sienna, then gestured at the folder in Sienna's hands. “You proposal is ready I assume?” Sienna nodded back, then got up. “I was in fact about to go submit it at the Static department.” Sienna hesitated a beat, then continued, “You were planning to submit one too if I remember right. Did you submit yours yet?” She needed to at least get on more than nodding terms with some of her classmates if nothing else. Going by the classes, Nadia was one of the smarter students in Static. And not afraid of extra work going by the fact that she'd decided to aim for the additional project as well. She might be a good person to get to know..

“Almost.” Nadia grimaced, her field had the faintest smell of brine to Sienna's senses. “I need to check about something at the department first. Let's walk over together.”

Sienna agreed readily enough and the girls exited the hall together. Most students wore their uniforms even though it was an off day and so Sienna drew a few strange looks in her long divided skirts of dark blue. “Why they are almost pants!” She overheard a random comment and a few titters, and flushing faintly drew herself up even taller. Nadia glanced at her, then the girls and finally asked, “So what's with the outfit?” Her quick gesture indicated both the unusual dress and Sienna's hairstyle, a double handful of thin braids to the side ensuring no hair escaped the ponytail.

“Uh, I was planning to get some exercise at the Gyre..” Nadia's eyebrows climbed, but they were interrupted before she could comment any further.

“Miss Whinebrook! Mhay I talk to you?”

They turned around, Sienna still had the folder in her left hand. It was Professor Fidelia Runesrow. Nadia sent a quick wave Sienna's way, and escaped before the Professor could come within talking distance. The professor studied the magical sensitivity of ground moles, and was obsessed with the topic. It had become something of a joke between students. The woman with her though, she wasn't one of the teachers. Perhaps a visitor?

Sienna listened politely to the professor as she introduced her vistor, a Hoxian diplomat by name of Drezda Ecks. She automatically bowed in response to the diplomat's bow, a lower one to show deference to someone senior to her by age as well as position. “Ziedek Diplomat Ecks.” Sienna murmured, utilising one of the few Deftung phrases she could recall offhand.

The woman was naturally god looking, with the typical ivory skin and dark hair of the galdori from Hox, and she knew how to accentuate it with cosmetics. Sienna politely caprised the hoxian's field, it was strongly laden with perceptive mona, and smelled like a strange mix of snow and hot stone. She was strong, and the field indectal, indicative of a disciplined mind, but the perceptive aspect of it was surprising. She'd have expected someone from Frecksat to have majored in Static. But then location did not truly determine interest, or talent. She almost didn't notice the Professor Runesrow moving off.

“The university has been very supportive, “ she replied, her tones respectful, yet reserved. Sienna couldn't figure out what business the diplomat had with her, but it'd not do to betray impatience or confusion. “And I'm adjusting well enough..“ She gave a small self deprecating laugh, “I've been keeping busy, but I'm sure Brunnhold, and Anaxas has a lot to teach me.” The spoken questions answered, Sienna uneasily wondered if she was expected to make more small talk.. Had professor Runesrow not left, she'd have just asked something about the habits of the ground mole and there'd have been no need to talk any more.. Sienna waited on the Hoxian diplomat's next words.

Drezda Ecks

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am

Intas 29, 2718
The approach of the two older women sent Sienna's compatriot scarpering. Judging by the quick glance that she'd shot Professor Runesrow, Drezda guessed that the youngster was eager to avoid a possible mole-related conversation. Sienna couldn't escape as her friend had, finding herself the centre of attention although thankfully for her, she didn't have to endure a mind-numbing conversation about the professor's pet project. The Hoxian wondered if the woman had wandered off to commune with the little creatures; she could easily imagine the sorceress chattering to them alone in her work space and losing any of her people-related social skills in the process. However, once Fidelia was out of sight, she was quite literally out of the diplomat's mind, the girl before her a far more intriguing subject to contemplate.

Galdori children typically received schooling in multiple cultures, learning the customs of other kingdoms and small snippets of their native tongues, but many of them seemed to forget such niceties as they grew older. This one knew how to return the bow and allowed a Deftung greeting to roll off her tongue. It was quite possible that the child knew as much or even more of the Hoxian tongue than she did; who needed that bloody insular language when everyone spoke Estuan?

Sienna appeared to be a girl of few words, demure in the face of a woman who was evidently her superior and had singled her out for some unknown reason. She could recall students of this age group from her time attending Brunnhold and most of them would have to have their tongues amputated to stop them from speaking constantly. They'd only been quelled to some degree in classes, the presence of real adults sure to make them shut up. The diplomat wasn't sure if the girl was naturally like this - there were a few mature individuals in every year group - or if the older woman had cowed her into silence. She could have flexed her field, an obvious show of intimidation but believed it would be neither wise nor beneficial. If she wanted to headhunt the girl then she didn't need her utterly terrified. Given the number of focuses she'd chosen, she hoped that the child possessed some maturity.

She took the time to caprise her field, less interested in the types of mona that she'd find there and more intrigued to gain a sense of strength and discipline. There was the uneasy mix of Static and Living mona, some uncertainty there, and Quantitative mona, which seemed to point to her third focus. While there were a few other types of mona in there, they were in very tiny amounts, pointing to a relatively recent use of other forms of Conversation. She seemed quite strong for her age, not yet having come into her full potential but there was a confidence there, the warmth of a bastly field easy to sense. If given the chance, she would have enjoyed digging further, gaining a better sense of the girl's relationship with the mona but it looked promising, very promising indeed. There was an indectal discipline there, not quite as set as Drezda's own but for her age, it spoke of maturity and due diligence.

Her own field warmed a little, confidence and happiness swelling within her in a manner that would be quite clear to read; it was rare that the Hoxian would allow so much emotion to bleed into her field which could be so easily caprised. To her own senses, it would likely be a yellow-shift but she wasn't focused on her own emotions but Sienna's. She could be sensing incorrectly but the girl's field had a puce-shift, something that Drezda always interpreted as nervousness and uncertainty.

"Understandably. Brunnhold is always pleased to take in the best sorcerers and your star is apparently in ascendance. I imagine that they will support you in any way that they can. Your peers as well. I imagine they're going doetoed around you," she remarked, a knowing smile on her lips. "I imagine that everyone is extremely supportive. You might have already noticed, but Brunnhold is quite hierarchical. You might even notice older students showing deference to you. Three focuses will garner you a certain sort of attention. Most will leave you alone because of it but you should keep an eye out for those who'd like to test themselves against you. Better that you learn it from me rather than the hard way but seek out those of that mindset and deal with them before they try anything," she advised.

The woman glanced to the side as a small group of youngsters came out of the dining hall, chattering enthusiastically. Her brows shot up, the stern look on her face seeming to strike something into the core of them. Perhaps on first glance they mistook her for Professor Lux although many of her features were quite different than her countrywoman's. Still, she saw them give a start, hurrying past noticeably cowed. She turned her attention back to Sienna.

"You're Anaxi by your look, Miss Winebrook, but you've grown up in Mugroba, I take it? You'll find that Anaxas has its charms and its perks and Brunnhold may offer a stellar education but both... have their oddities. Some say that Brunnhold has its depravities but I'm Hoxian, I'm not inclined to judge the morals of others. However, the Anaxi judge openly and often do things behind closed doors that they'd publicly condemn. If you have picked up the Mugrobi taboo concerning lying then you might find it uncomfortable," she explained, an unusual degree of candour spilling from her lips and it continued; she wanted this girl and she thought she stood a chance if she played things right.

"Be most wary of those who are eager to be your friends as they are the ones likely to do things behind your back, especially in Brunnhold. Many will go to any lengths to get ahead in here, even if it means crushing someone else underfoot. I am not eager to be your friend, Miss Winebrook, but you show promise and therefore, it would be remit for me to ignore you. What's more, you seem more like myself and other Hoxians than a typical Anaxi. I find that there's no shame in showing interest or declaring my intentions to keep an eye on you. If you ever have a desire to work with anyone from Hox in the future or come to Frecksat then know that I'm your point of contact for that."

The diplomat cocked her head to the side, considering the girl for a few moments, trying to determine if there was anything more she'd like to add. Sienna wasn't to know but she was being treated in a more personable manner than was typical of the Hoxian woman; one could almost believe that she was friendly, at least in this instance.

A smile flitted across her lips. "Yes, I believe that's all I wish to say for the moment. You have a few years ahead of you to consider things and certain opportunities may come your way if you do well here," she explained simply. "I understand that it's a lot to digest and you might need time to consider matters, but if you have any questions... well, feel free to ask me now."
Sienna
Topics: 11
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Writer: Saffron

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm

29 of Intas, 2718
Sienna felt her field being caprised, and the young diplomat's field warmed in turn. She must have liked whatever she had managed to sense about Sienna from her field. Sienna relaxed a little, apparently she wasn't in any trouble.

She found it a strange coincidence that the topic the Hoxian woman picked so closely mirrored her own musings from earlier in the day. She had seen many students being challenged and bullied by magical means, and now that it had been pointed out to her, the peace she had been enjoying from that was surprising. She had simply thanked the gods that students were more sensible by the time they reached 6th form, but perhaps it wasn't maturity, but rather something more than caution? It felt strange to imagine students being intimidated by her, but looking at it dispassionately, it wasn't all bad.

Cultivating the right blend of reputation might make many things in the next five years simpler, perhaps even easier. Though she wasn't exactly sure what kind of reputation she wanted to build.. The strategy Miss Ecks was advocating, of seeking out those who'd be looking to challenge her, that seemed appallingly efficient. Was being a student like being in combat? And how would she even know who would be looking to challenge her, she was totally clueless about that... Sienna didn't let any of these questions tumble out though, the diplomat hadn't asked her any questions, and even with the warming field, something in her carriage warned Sienna to not give her any reason to take offence. Better to err on the side of caution. This held true for everyone though. There was no telling what secrets people held, and whether they would hurt you later. You could only act as seemed prudent, in good faith, and hope that if things went bad, you'd be able to recover something from the mess.

“Yes.. We have Anaxi roots, but the family moved to Mugroba when I was quite young.” Sienna quietly confirmed the diplomat's knowledge, neglecting to mention any specific age or circumstances associated with the move. She nodded as Miss Ecks helpfully gave her further tips on how Anaxas, and Brunnhold, were different from Mugroba. There was a lot to think about, and however unexpected, it was so helpful to just straight out be told these things rather than have to wait and watch and infer. And perhaps make costly mistakes in the meantime. The comment about the aversion to lying possibly making things.. uncomfortable.. was an astute bit of observation as well.

A niggle of suspicion remained though, why would someone clearly well on her way to an established career, and with no connections to Sienna or her family, be so willing to show her the ropes. Almost as if the woman was reading her mind, the explanation came forth.

I am not eager to be your friend, Miss Winebrook, but you show promise and therefore, it would be remiss for me to ignore you. What's more, you seem more like myself and other Hoxians than a typical Anaxi. I find that there's no shame in showing interest or declaring my intentions to keep an eye on you.

Sienna nodded. That was very straight forward, and of course the Hoxian may have been very subtle in casting, but surely there would have been some indication in her field had she been actively reading Sienna's feelings.. She'd assume it was a simple case of Miss Ecks being a lot better at reading the social currents, and having had experience of Brunnhold and the Anaxi society as a foreigner herself. She certainly was friendly, and Sienna was inclined to reciprocate, not having any reason to feel otherwise.

"I understand that it's a lot to digest and you might need time to consider matters, but if you have any questions... well, feel free to ask me now."

Sienna had been listening intently, her well trained memory had no trouble parsing the salient points of the conversation and committing them to memory. Monite spells could be considerably long, and though you always referred to written notes for any complicated piece of spellwork, if you couldn't keep a good number in your memory, you'd lose in duels for sure. Of course making notes later was a given, whether that was a lecture, or some dense bit of advice received outside the cafeteria.

Sienna didn't hurry to reply. The diplomat had given her some very good advice. Even if she later decided she didn't agree with all of it, it would be impolite to reply with some inane bit of politeness. Hulali's creed stressed that goodness done to others would become goodness received. By that measure, any goodness received should be returned or passed on, with interest if possible. Having quickly reviewed the high points of the conversation, Sienna began to speak.

”Diplomat Ecks, I am honoured,” Sienna accompanied this with a short bow, ”by your plain speaking and advice.” Her response would probably be considered excessively formal, given the Anaxas setting, and her relatively young age, but Sienna thought the Hoxian diplomat would appreciate the effort, and the sincerity she was attempting to thus convey. ”There truly is a lot to digest. However I honestly appreciate being given a heads up about some of the issues I may end up facing.”

Sienna paused for a moment, there were so many questions to be honest that she wanted answers for. How would I judge who was planning to challenge me? How does one 'decisively deal with' such people? But in the end she shied away from asking them and perhaps showing exactly how clueless she felt about certain things, even to someone as seemingly friendly and straight talking as Miss Ecks. She'd stick to less personal things for now, there was no hurry after all. Like Miss Ecks said, there were years ahead to consider many matters.

”I'm glad to have met you, I did consider Frecksat, due to my interest in Static. And if that had been my one interest, I'd perhaps have gone there instead of Brunnhold..” There was no need to mention the small matter of retracing the events from nearly a decade ago now. Perhaps once she felt more secure here, she'd begin on that. ”I may yet contact you in a few years regarding that, if things go well.. In the meantime,” Sienna hesitated for a moment, then kept on, ”forgive any presumption on my part, but is there anything I can help you with? To show my appreciation for the advice I mean...” Surely Miss Ecks wouldn't mind her asking so baldly? Especially since she had been so forthright with her? Sienna's field roiled lightly with delayed doubt. She had a mildly sinking feeling that that last bit had been quite gauche, yet she couldn't not have offered that token, the exposure to the Mugrobi credos made just receiving very awkward indeed. If she hadn't even offered, it'd have turned into an itch she didn't want to worry about on top of everything else. The comment about Mugrobi sensibilities being uncomfortable was already turning out to have been too true, Sienna ruefully thought as she waited for the woman to respond.

Drezda Ecks

Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Intas 29, 2718
The confirmation that Sienna was Anaxi made the Hoxian nod, glad that she had gotten things right, had managed to pick out the right bits of information so she could ask the right questions. The fact that she'd said 'young' made Drezda think that she was more Mugrobi than Anaxi, at least in mindset; she'd assessed things correctly about the morals then. Even though she'd been doing a politician for a few years now and a Perceptive sorcerer even longer, it was still gratifying when she analysed someone correctly, especially when it came to finding the soft spots, the places where she could draw the most blood if she chose to bite. This sweet little thing wouldn't need such aggressive measures though. She was the sort who was ripe for manipulation, someone who could be popped open without much fuss if you knew the trick of it, which she liked to think she could do.

The girl seemed to be largely pensive, absorbing everything that the diplomat had to say like a sponge soaking up water. It was a sign of wisdom and it seemed to suggest that the child would become wise to the ways of the world quite quickly. That could certainly be to Drezda's disadvantage, especially if she was going to play the long came with this one. It wouldn't do for Sienna to grow wise to her machinations too early. Of course, if she gained the girl's trust... well, people could be blind to those who cared for them, looked out for them. Perhaps her honesty could get her into the teenager's good graces. Sienna was naturally cautious, that was clear, and so openness was just what was needed.

When Sienna finally spoke, her words drew a slight smile from the young woman and a shallow reciprocal bow. Her formality was appreciated. She might not be Gioran but Drezda could certainly appreciate the ritual of decorum. She also felt that the student was truly grateful for her words, a small glow of victory growing within her. Even if she left Sienna today and didn't call upon her for a few years then she was confident that the girl would remember her quite favourably. She had her - or she bloody well hoped that she did!

"Of course. It's a very small thing in truth, not something that really required effort on my part. Just a little warning. It's nothing really," she responded, that smile still gracing her features.

In spite of her words, it hadn't been that small. She had opened up a little chink in her armour and allowed some privileged information to seep out. It had meant that she had to be nice or give the appearance of such a thing anyway. She had had to be helpful, almost sympathetic. They weren't traits that came. Not that Sienna was to know that; she wouldn't learn that the woman before her was largely heartless.

"Of course, you had multiple focuses to consider. If you had one to consider then Frecksat would have made sense - if the one was Static obviously. If you'd chosen otherwise... well, Brunnhold is relatively good at variety," she commented, feeling her attention begin to waver as she sensed that the conversation was drawing to a close. Idle chitchat, niceties, that's all that would be left. Or so she'd thought. However, Sienna caught her by surprise and it showed. Only for a moment, in the rapid blink of her eyes, the brief slackness of her lips. Then the smile returned, the diplomat recovering.

"Oh well... I can't think of anything you can do for me, Miss Winebrook. Not that I'm ungrateful for the offer, far from it. I'm sure I don't need anything in return for a little information," she explained, pretending to brush off the offer when she had an ulterior motive instead. "You're an intelligent girl with plenty of promise and I'm sure if I was ever to need your assistance with something... well, if you felt that you owed me... But really, I've only given you the tiniest bit of help. If you need help with something, real help then you know how to contact me."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brunnhold”

• Information