Crutch

Open for Play
The Six Kingdom's most prestigious university and the de facto cultural capital of Anaxas.

The Stacks | Ghost Town | Muffey

Lars
Topics: 44
Race: Passive
: nil igitur mors est ad nos
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:25 pm

PASSIVE DORMS
OPHUS 12, 2718 LATE NIGHT
That woman is devoted to you, she has been for nearly seven years.

What are you doing with her?

What are you doing now?

Are you lying again?

Did you ever stop?

Are you ever going to stop?

Stop using me. Stop using her, I know what you're doing.

Isn't that what you're doing?

Stop while you're ahead. Before it's too late.

Before you're too far gone.

"I ALREADY AM, YOU -"

YOU ALREADY ARE?

YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO FAR GONE NOW?

OH, LOOK WHO'S DECIDED TO PAY ATTENTION NOW.

NOT WHEN YOU KILLED FRED?

NOT WHEN YOU KILLED BENNETT?

WHEN?

WHEN DID IT START, LAURENTIUS?

"STOP YELLING AT ME, LARS -"

You're going to wake your new roommates, clocking idiot. And we thought I was the dumb one. I didn't kill anyone. I didn't endanger either of us, not intentionally. I didn't kiss a girl I'd rather see dead. I didn't toy with anyone's feelings, Laurentius, and I certainly didn't get us into this mess.

You're crying now. Sitting in your dark room while your roommates try to sleep in their beds, you're leaning against the bed frame and pulling at your hair with your cold hands. You could've been in your old room, the one you've always known, if only you hadn't killed Fred, and if you didn't kill Bennett.. he'd still be in there with you.

"Fionn's there instead," you whisper to yourself, "sleeping in Bennett's bed."

What are we to do with that?

"I don't know," you confess, and you can feel the tears continue to stream from dead eyes.

"I don't know. We've got Clover. We've got Jamie, I'm sure of it. Fionn - he - I need to get him back. I need him too. And - and Harper, we've got Harper, haven't we?"

You haven't got anyone. They don't like you, Laurentius, they like me - and if you're going to keep acting out, I wont have them either. What's your plan here? Why do you need them?

"I-I just do. I need them. An - and for the record Fionn likes me, stopclocker. You saw the way he looked at me that first night. That was because of me. You're a docile bitch, Lars, he could see it."

Whatever makes you feel better. Murderer.

"Shut up," you hiss at the darkness, "don't call me that. Bennett did it to himself, and I was just trying to protect Fionn from Fred."

Sure, of course. Why did you call out Fionn during that shakedown, then? Why did you pin the blame on him for beating you when you know it was Ayden behind it?

"I-I had to, I had to for Harper. Harper has to - he has to think that, he has to think I hate him. He has to think I'm scared."

You're not?

"No. Not of Fionn."

Why then? Why are you doing all of this? Leading Clover on like that - why in Alioe's name?

"We're going to need them, Lars. If we want to survive."

You're making me nervous. Don't get us killed, Laurentius.

We've got a good life going here, so don't screw it up.

"Oh, I already have."

Tags:

Return to “Brunnhold”

• Information