Thread Review Request v1.0.0

Request that your threads be reviewed for progress here.

Submit Progress Review Requests
If you're looking to advance your Aptitudes, Magic Skill, or perhaps change your Pathway, submit a review request here!

Meraki
Topics: 24
Race: Wick
: neque pertinet hilum
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Lazulum
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Character Name: Meraki
Aptitude Skills Used: Mental, Physical, Social.
Focus Skills Used: Professional (Grifter).
Income Tier: Destitute

Autumn 2719
Advancement Request Thread List(s):

Aptitude: Mental (Average to Good)
The Curious Incident
And It Whispers
Whistle While You Work
Books and Bandages
Showing the Ropes
Either/Or

Justification: A smattering of various applications in which Meraki has to think on his feet, adapt, and problem solve. He considers tactics, weighs options, and aims to make sense of the world around him.

Aptitude: Social (Average to Good)
And It Whispers
Whistle While You Work
Showing the Ropes
Books and Bandages
Either/Or
Underlined

Justification: Social interactions galore! Meraki navigates the give and take of conversation, ranging from awkward politeness to unexpected conflict to uncomfortable realities and philosophical musings. He handles rejection, threats, and possible connections alike.

Aptitude: Physical (Good to Excellent)
The Curious Incident
Whistle While You Work
Hooks and Jabs
Books and Bandages
Either/Or
Underlined

Justification: Meraki fights, he runs, he dances and endures injury. He punches a muddy ground. He moves through the heavy suffocation of a powerful field. He brawls and he takes a bottle to the side, and he gets well-acquainted with stairs.

Income Tier (Destitute to Poor):
Underlined (Grifter)

Justification: Meraki earns most of his coin in autumn through earning trust and creating opportunity for profit!

Focus Skill: Grifter (Starting, Beginner)
Whistle While You Work
Showing the Ropes
Underlined

Justification: Meraki starts in the harbor with grifter scams, from mild things like making opportunities for good honest work, to upcharging customers and keeping the difference, to running confidence tricks that play on people's greed, to getting a free hot meal to impress his date, and even working a job at the docks specifically so he can gather information.

! Message from: Raksha
Approved!
Lars
Topics: 44
Race: Passive
: nil igitur mors est ad nos

Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:39 pm

Character Name: Lars Savatier
Aptitude Skills Used: n/a
Focus Skills Used: Serial killing, manipulation, bladed combat
Income Tier: Destitute

Professional: Serial Killer (Beginner):
1) Brave New World
2) Heavy Heart to Carry
3) The Less I Know

Professional: Manipulation (Beginner):
1) If The Clouds Run Out of Rain (Solo)
2) Underlined
3) Even If

Combat: Bladed Weapons (Beginner):
1) Brave New World
2) Like Real People Do
3) The Less I Know

Pending (thankyou for your amazing patience!)
Last edited by Lars on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nauleth Siordanti
Topics: 22
Race: Galdor
: Magus in the Making
Writer: Muse
Post Templates: Post Templates

Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:53 am

Character Name: Nauleth Siordanti
Aptitude Skills Used: Mental, Physical, Social
Focus Skills Used: Physical Conversation, Monic Theorist
Income Tier: Average

Advancements Requested:
Winter 2719 (lifetime achievement since this is my first review request after two damn years of writing)
Mental Aptitude Skill
Good Excellent
Hungry to know more, to understand more, and to discover truth, Naul does (for the most part) learn from his mistakes. He is also quite studious naturally and continues to seek to expand his mind, even in unexpected ways.

Physical Aptitude Skill
Average Good
Nauleth is, for the most part, accidentally athletic. He ends up in situations that strain his endurance (casting, dueling, biking, climbing mountains, running from hatchers) and also ends up rising to the challenge every time.

Social Aptitude Skill
Average Good
Not particularly good at dealing with himself, let alone other people, becoming a professor and dealing with his own personal relationships leaves him little choice but to learn social skills. Sometimes, he is forced to learn from his own failures, but he is quick-witted (and warm-hearted) enough to eventually set wrongs right—when he decides who deserves his apologies, that is.

Magic: Physical Conversation
Intermediate Master
Teaching, studying, discussing, experimenting, and casting—Naul has sought Mastery in all sorts of ways and in all sorts of situations, from the classroom to the cliffs of Qrieth.

Professional: Monic Theorist
Beginner Proficient
Naul has discovered some pretty mind-boggling truths about Vita and magic. He also tends to enjoy expanding his magical boundaries. After his backlash, his understanding of his relationship with the mona has grown and changed as well.
OMG YAY! Approved!
Ezre Vks
Topics: 22
: better with the dead
Writer: Muse

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Character Name: Ezre Vks
Aptitude Skills Used: Mental, Social
Focus Skills Used: Magic: Clairvoyance, Professional: Hexxos Guide, Professional: Physiology
Income Tier: N/A
Season: Winter 2719

Aptitude Skills
Mental Aptitude
Good to Excellent
Ezre is always making attempts to think outside of normal expectations, not only of his own unusual upbringing as Hexxos, but also as a galdor in general. He often also tries the patience of others with his thought processes and his desire to push the understandings or interpretations of traditional teachings, regardless of race.

Social Aptitude
Poor to Average
Ezre is still not perfect at dealing with people outside of what is familiar to himself, but he is making an effort to do so. Stepping outside of Hoxian rhakor is not the issue for him so much as learning to empathize and relate to others who are fundamentally not like himself at all.

Focus Skills
Magic: Clairvoyance
Elementary to Intermediate
As Hexxos, Ezre is already knowledgeable of non-standard Clairvoyant practices. He is not afraid to mix it in with his studies, sometimes with dangerous results. He is more calculating than he appears, but he also is a risk-taker with his spell casting experiments. He is able to articulate his thoughts and explain his spellwork with demonstrated skill and he is also willing to learn from others. It has been mentioned he is a tutor, also, and as he is about to enter his final year of galdori education, it is clear that he has studied outside of just the basic curriculum.

Professional: Hexxos Guide
None to Beginner Having been marked in Roalis as an accepted member of the Hexxos instead of just an acolyte making decisions, Ezre has begun to delve deeper into his own spiritual path.

Professional: Physiology
None to Beginner Knowledge of the body goes hand-in-hand with both mortuary sciences and rigorous physical upkeep, as is expected of all Hoxians, even Hexxos. As a student of the body, both living and dead, Ezre has begun to apply his studies and his training to more than just his own personal situations.
Approved! Go forth and annoy the dead!
Lilanee Kuleda
Topics: 11
: Let's go on an adventure!!!
Writer: Raksha

Wed May 27, 2020 8:05 am

Character Name: Lilanee Kuleda
Aptitude Skills Used: n/a
Focus Skills Used: n/a
Income Tier: n/a
Linguistic Skills Used: Deftung

Linguistic Skill - Deftung (no knowledge to Broken)

- [Closed] The Fragrance of Honesty
- [M | St Grumble] Friendly Companionship....right? Right!

! Message from: Muse
Approved. I'm sure most of Lilanee's current knowledge of Deftung is slightly inappropriate. Heh.
Aurelie Steerpike
Topics: 25
Race: Passive
: Deeply Awkward Mom Friend
Plot Notes: Plot Notes & Thread Tracker
Writer: Cap O' Rushes

Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Character Name: Aurelie Steerpike
Aptitude Skills Used: Mental, Social
Focus Skills Used: Cooking, Needlework
Requested For: Rainy Season 2720

Focus Skill - Cook: Proficient>Expert

Justification: This is like, her primary job. And she's tried new things, and gotten better at it! And even shared her recipes with others.

Focus Skill - Needlework: Beginner>Proficient

Justification: She hasn't had MUCH opportunity to practice, but she's certainly improved! We must give her credit for trying, at least.

Aptitude Skill - Social: Poor>Average

Justification: She's certainly not a MASTER of the SOCIAL SCENE, but Aurelie has made new exciting pirate friends, had important cultural exchange, experienced forbidden romance, and had her relationship with her sister drastically alter. What she lacks in grace she makes up for in--stumbling through it repeatedly?

Aptitude Skill - Mental: Good>Excellent

Justification: Ok, bear with me. Aurelie tried a new recipe, wrote not one but multiple letters, has puzzled out multiple new embroidery designs, and deliberately tried to learn more about both herself (and the passive nexus) and the world outside of Brunnhold in attempt to expand her understanding. She's learning! Sort of!

! Message from: moralhazard
Approved! Enjoy all your new skills (and freedom), Aurelie
Basil Ambrose Shrikeweed
Topics: 28
: The one-man Deep State
Writer: Runcible Spoon
Post Templates: Templates

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 am

Character Name: Basil Ambrose Shrikeweed

Focus Skills Used:Politics (Proficient to Expert)
  1. This is Going to be an Unbearable Day
  2. Memoranda of Conversation
  3. Borders
  4. Pas de Tartaglia
  5. Sources Familiar with His Thinking
  6. Non M’Imugnare Senza Valore
  7. This Meeting Never Happened
  8. Prudenter Agas et Respice Finem

Justification: Within these threads Shrikeweed uses a number of political and related skills to carry out his duties as a political advisor to Tom, as well as gather information that may be of use to either Tom or himself.

Aptitude Skills Used: Mental (Good to Excellent)
  1. This is Going to be an Unbearable Day
  2. Memoranda of Conversation
  3. Borders
  4. Pas de Tartaglia
  5. Sources Familiar with His Thinking
  6. Non M’Imugnare Senza Valore

Justification: In all of these threads, Shrikeweed is using his mind to work out how to proceed, to council, to advise, and to keep himself grounded in his work.

Aptitude Skills Used: Social (Average to Good)
  1. Favors of the Elephant
  2. And Please Remember to Give Generously
  3. Rituals
  4. Sources Familiar with His Thinking
  5. Marginalia (Dead)
  6. A Favor for a Favor

Justification: In these threads, Shrikeweed is cultivating social contacts or carrying out social duties. Here is shown that he does know how to interact in a civil way with others, learn from his conversations, and cultivate acquaintances.

New Skill - Intelligence Agent

1. Sources Familiar with His Thinking
  2. Sources and Methods
  3. Loose Threads
  4. Prudenter Agas et Respice Finem

Justification: Building on his political knowledge as well as his growing suspicions about the Dorehaven Incident and the Tom’s strange behaviors, Shrikeweed makes use of various assets to track down information, and cultivate his agent (Bailey) as well as interviewing sources. Further, there is potentially dangerous paperwork.

Approved!!
Nkemi pezre Nkese
Topics: 15
: Seeker and shaper and finder
Writer: moralhazard

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Character Name: Nkemi pezre Nkese
Aptitude Skills Used: Mental, Social, Physical
Focus Skills Used: Static Conversation, Clairvoyant Conversation, Investigator, Drafting
Income Tier: Average

Mental (Average to Good):
1. You've Got the Love (S)
2. Away, Away
3. Lacuna
4. For Every Shadow a Source of Light
5. Again Tonight I Sang a Song
6. Shun the Light

Justification: Nkemi's work as a prefect and investigator require a good deal of thought and careful analysis. Although Nkemi is a highly intuitive person, she also thinks carefully and critically about that which she observes and experiences, sometimes explicitly and sometimes behind the scenes. These threads deal with her school learning (You've Got the Love), her learning new skills and adapting to new circumstances outside her experience (Away, Away) and her starting to uncover the mystery of Anatole Vauquelin (Tom), including a few key deductions (Lacuna, For Every Shadow a Source of Light). They also discuss her meditation and intellectual exercises (Again Tonight I Sang a Song) and follow the results of her investigating a new aspect of clairvoyant conversation (Shun the Light).

With this advancement in mental skills, I'd also like to bump up Nkemi's proficiency in Mugrobi to fluent.

Physical (Average to Good):
1. Away, Away
2. Can You Walk on the Water
3. Am I Down in the Riverbed
4. Gains the More it Gives
5. Share in Evening's Cool and Quiet
6. Something Foreknown to Me

Justification: Nkemi is a highly physical person, both due to the demands of investigative work (Am I Down in the Riverbed) and due to her own highly physical meditative practices (Can You Walk on the Water, Share in Evening's Cool and Quiet). These serve her well socially (Gains the More it Gives) and in times of travel and danger (Away, Away, Something Foreknown to Me).

Social (Good to Excellent):
1. Light in the Hallway (S)
2. Away, Away
3. Can You Walk on the Water
5. Am I Down in the Riverbed
6. Gains the More it Gives

Justification: Above all else, Nkemi is social. Her move to Anaxas tests her social skills, and has led to her steadily expanding them. Her ability to smooth over difficult situations dates back to childhood (Light in the Hallway), and she pushes her boundaries in Anaxas as she befriends a Hoxian, a passive, a raen, and a spoke fortuneteller (Away, Away, Can You Walk on the Water, For Every Shadow a Source of Light and Gains the More it Gives). She pushes her own social aptitude as well by talking a terrified passive down from a hostage situation (Am I Down in the Riverbed).

Clairvoyant Conversation (Elementary t0 Intermediate):
1. Push and Pull (S)
2. See the Unfolding
3. The Dark Was Opening Wide (S)
5. Again Tonight I Sang a Song
6. Away, Away
7. Something Foreknown to Me
8. Shun the Light

Justification: During her time at Thul'Amat, Nkemi makes the decision to pursue her tseruh in clairvoyant and static conversations (Push and Pull). In 2719, she returns to the spell which she wrote during this project, which combines clairvoyant and static conversation, casting it as a demonstration (See the Unfolding), to help the Seventen track a criminal (The Dark Was Opening Wide), searching for a ghost (Away, Away) and in a new and unexpected way born out of necessity (Something Foreknown to Me). She also deepens her practice and study of clairvoyant conversation, holding a lengthy warding spell (Away, Away), searching for the giver of a bruise (For Every Shadow a Source of Light), teaching Tom the basics of scrying (Again Tonight I Sang a Song), and pushing herself with a new and challenging spell which seeks to make contact with a ghostly presence (Shun the Light).

Static Conversation (Elementary to Intermediate):
1. Push and Pull (S)
2. See the Unfolding
3. The Dark Was Opening Wide (S)
4. Delays by Misadventure
5. Am I Down in the Riverbed
6. Away, Away
7. Something Foreknown to Me
8. All These Colors Fade For You

Justification: As above, Nkemi pushes her skill in static conversation, which she studies during her tseruh (Push and Pull) with her use of the spell she built then (see above re: See the Unfolding, Away, Away, the Dark Was Opening Wide, and Something Foreknown to Me). Her work as a prefect has also necessitated the use of static skills, whether to gather evidence (Delays by Misadventure) or chase down a suspect (Am I Down in the Riverbed). In general, Nkemi deepens her use and understanding of static conversation, and even makes it snow on the Turga (All These Colors Fade For You).

Investigator (New Skill):
1. Delays by Misadventure
2. Lacuna
3. Am I Down in the Riverbed

Justification: A core part of being a prefect is investigation. Nkemi's time in Anaxas pushes her in new ways, whether searching a corpse in an unfamiliar setting (Delays by Misadventure), interrogating a reluctant victim (Lacuna), and finding and negotiating with a man responsible for a mugging (Am I Down in the Riverbed).

Drafting (New Skill):
1. You've Got the Love (S)
2. Away, Away
3. A Buried and a Burning Flame

Justification: Nkemi has long since loved maps, as evidenced by her tseruh and her early history (You've Got the Love). In recent years, she has also stepped up her efforts in making them herself, mostly by tracing them (Away, Away) or drawing them for herself, such as making a map of Vienda (A Buried and a Burning Flame).

Approved!
Gale
Topics: 42
Race: Human
: Artful Gunner
Writer: Crosspatch
Post Templates: Post Templates

Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:50 am

Character Name: Gale Saunders
Aptitude Skills Used: Social
Focus Skills Used: Metal Working, Resistance, Inventing,
Income Tier: Poor

Advancement Request Thread List(s): (Please link all threads for each Skill advancement in separate lists, and yes! you can advance more than one Skill at once, whether it's Aptitude or Focus. Those threads can overlap!)

Aptitude: Social average to good
Apparently, Gale is starting to "word much better 'kay". Generally achieved by being less grumpy than usual when interacting with people.
Talking Shop
Without a key
This Isn't My Order
Cold Forged Blues
Haven, Must Be There
[Main Chapter] Breakout!

Focus Skill: Metal Working (Profession) - Proficient to Expert
It's Gale's job, they're bound to get better gradually.
The Gunsmith (S)
Grinding Edges
Mastering the Load (S)
Threats and Promises (S)
Talking Shop
Who Gave You The Right?
EDIT: Because Proficient to Expert is 8 not 6 (because I apparently can't read)
Dismantling Learning
A Second Attempt (S)

New Focus Skill: Inventing (Profession) - Nothing to Beginner
Gale has invented and been designing stuff, they have also attempted to explain how things work to individuals
The Gunsmith (S)
Mastering the Load (S)
Talking Shop

New Focus Skill: Resistance (Profession) - Nothing to Beginner
Gale is a member of the resistance, and the more they do resistance focused pieces or things on behalf there of (be it gunsmithing or attending events) the more they know the "profession"
[Main Chapter] Breakout!
The Gunsmith (S)
Haven, Must Be There

Yeah! Looks good. Approved.
When the last of us will disappear
Like shadows into the night
The broken ones, the fighting sons
Of ignorance
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Review Requests”

• Information