[Closed] Familial Bonding Experiences

A bit of family fun in the snow.

Open for Play
Brunnhold's college town, located inside the university grounds.

Nauleth Siordanti
Topics: 22
Race: Galdor
: Magus in the Making
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Muse
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:03 am

39th of Intas, 2720
The Stacks | Early Morning

Leyanak wasn't entirely used to all of the physical labor required of her outside of priestess life, regardless of how self-reliant Gioran galdori were as a whole. She possessed no small amount of stubbornness, however, much like the rest of her Da Huane lineage, and so she grinned and huffed her way up the hill with Taniel, laughing at the big dog that followed along with them.

Nauleth, sinking a bit into his personal realization, smirked in an almost chagrined sort of way as Antranig actually graced him with returned weather commentary as if it wasn't at all a bit of a tried and true source of conversation. Not needing to be prompted at the mention of concern over next year, the professor nodded, "Will he be tested next year, then? Always an anxious time but rarely an issue ... well, depending on your view of things, I suppose. Being Gioran here complicates all of those things."

As his gold-rimmed eyes darted up toward Leyanak almost possessively, watching the children sort themselves on their sleds, his tone implied a hint of doubt, as if he might be unsure as to whether or not it should be an issue at all. His time in Gior had forced him to question everything he'd grown up being indoctrinated with about passivitiy and society. He hadn't finished wrestling with any of it at all.The eldest Siordanti remembered the general anxiety that the children of an Incumbent brought to their household with the approach of every testing day at Brunnhold.

"Oh—ah. Sixth form for now, and I also coach Dueling League for the Varsity students. I admit I don't see much of the early form students except in the cafeteria and sometimes the library, but I have offered to pick up a couple of summer science classes next Roalis for the younger set." He'd not expected to be so willing, but with a couple of the post-graduate students in his department finishing their studies and moving into careers in both Vienda as well as somewhere in Bastia, the redheaded physicist wasn't opposed to picking up some of their slack.

So long as his health continued to improve, that is.

Shifting on his feet and shoving his hands into his coat pockets, he arched a slim, ginger brow, "What kind of shop do you own, Mister Borna?"
Welcome to Brunnhold. Now go home.

Tags:
Antranig Borna
Topics: 3
Race: Galdor
: Lvl. 99 Anxious Dad
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Mochi
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:41 pm

Intas 39, 2720
The Stacks, early morning.

Antranig turned his attention to watch the children play as Professor Siordanti spoke. The two youngsters seemed to be getting along rather well, laughing and playing as Darcie bounded around them, chasing Taniel down the hill and dutifully following him back up it again. His attention shifted back again when the professor asked when Taniel would be tested. His comments brought a small, albeit ever so slightly morose, smile to Antra’s face.

“Yes, well. I try not to think about it,” he said, “he’ll be ten this Yaris, and off to school next Intas. He’s far more excited about the prospect than I am.”

He gave a light chuckle, adding, “I’m not entirely certain how I’ll fill my days with him out of the house.”

Conversation turned to work. Sixth form meant it was unlikely Taniel would be seeing much of the young professor, not that it really mattered all that much. Antra perked up slightly at the mention of the dueling league. He himself had never really had the talent for it, but he had enjoyed watching the competitions during his time at the school. The thought of his son doing something so dangerous sent a chill up his spine, but it was easily passed off as the weather getting to him. When he was asked about his own business, he smiled warmly.

“Ah, here, I’ll give you my card,” he said, tucking his newspaper under his arm and reaching into his breast pocket, producing a smartly minimalistic business card with “A. Borna Rare Books”, his name, and an address, holding it out for the professor to take. “I own a shop in the Peregrin district that specializes in rare and hard-to-find books, and offer my services in locating and procuring them, as well as appraisals. Several of your colleagues are quite regular customers.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Stacks”

• Information