[Closed] Stacking Meats, then Meet and Greet

Maro Seran, Yazad, Perhaps Shenanigans, Poor Life Choices

Open for Play
Brunnhold's college town, located inside the university grounds.

Maro Seran
Topics: 6
Race: Wick
Writer: Hollowbreak
Writer Profile: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=233

Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:12 pm

12th hour, 21st day of Intas
Whenever the opportunity is given to Maro, or whenever he sneaks off to do his own thing, he enjoys heading towards the cities and towns, mixing with the townsfolk in what he considered his best clothing; a long sleeved shirt of green trimmed with fading gold over and a pair of white trousers. Granted, what with the cold weather most of that was obscured by the inexpensive fur coat he wore, hands hidden in thick gloves, his breath releasing wisps as he exhaled. meant that he couldn't live up to what he was told was the appearance of a 'jovial' wick. but he dared anyone to appear jovial in such weather.

In his hands was what looked to be a decently sized parcel wrapped in paper and bound tightly with cord and as he held it protectively he could not help but marvel at the Stacks. While he came here often when the Seran settled close to Bruunhold but not close enough to aggrivate the Seventen, for the remainder of the year they were largely away from the town of Galdori learning an thus away from the chaotic mishmash of streets and alleys, where every other building seemed to be a contrast of the other and nooks and crannys galore that his hunting eye thought them good places to watch for prey.

These same places often had various shops of various qualities, many of them questionable, some looking like they ought be demolished, and some that were such tourist baits the Maro was tempted to head towards them were it not for the parcel in hand keeping him focused. His boot trodded upon the cobblestone paths before he reached his destionation, an establishment he was told was called "Bib's Butchery", it was a creative name Maro was sure but his interest was not in the place but so much as the inhabitants within.

The sign had said open, and so the Wick entered as if he'd been there time and again, smiling at someone who looked as if their day went to the pits by the mere sight of him.

"Hello there, Benny!"

The middle-aged male had that beleaguered about him, premature baldness marking his age with only the hair around the sides of his cranium clinging to him as if it were their final lifeline. Maro was certain if they were shaved it would be their final life upon Benny's head period.

"Maro, I see your without your leash today"

The corner of Maro's lips twitched at that, he knew precisely which leash the butcher meant. He approached the counter, raising up the parcel and shaking it a bit like a tantalizing treat.

"Come now Benny, is that the way you speak with a business partner holding wares to trade?"

"One, your not my business partnet, that would be your uncle and those other wicks who mediate it. Two, I didn't forget the cowbell incident"

Maro barely held back a wince as he kept that smile plastered on his face, what is with people choosing to remember incidents from long ago? Granted it was exactly a year ago but it was a long year.

"And Maro, gentleman that he is, apologized."

That scoff told him all what Benny thought of that; thought Maro wasn't certain if he was scoffing at the apology or the gentleman part of the sentence.

"Regardless, Maro comes baring prime cuts given to him by his uncle as a gesture of goodwill! "

The wick placed the package before the Butcher, who rolled his eyes and pulled out a small knife, cutting the cord to unwrap the paper to unveil some cuts of meat, their red hue indicating their freshness as if caught and cut very recently.

"This is venisonl, though whoever cut this did clockin' unevenly"

Maro was not about to dignify that with a remark, considering he was the one who cut that particualr peace of venskon off a deer he hunted himself.

"Yes, one of the family is still learning admittedly, he's normally pretty good but sometime's he rushes himself"

Benny gave him a look, and Maro assumed he was suspicious of who might that be. The butched flipped the venison over, examining its coloration and despite the uneven cuts gave it a satisfied nod.

"I'm expectin' more like this'll come, got some folks who'd pay prettily for quality like this?"

Maro nodded with a bright smile, more genuine than ever this time as he placed a hand on his chest.

"Maro promises...."

Another scoff.

"....and his uncle promises that we'll get ya some prime cuts to peddle about, so long as you give us the usual share"

Benny nodded, wrapping the meat back up and tying it with a fresh cord, Maro had no doubts that particular one was going to be heading towards the Butcher's dinner table this night,
It seemed to Maro that business was done now, so he may as well head on out.....
Last edited by Maro Seran on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yazad
Topics: 4
Race: Passive
Character Sheet: Yazad Character Sheet
Writer: Bahamutia
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:40 pm

The Stacks
21st of Intas, 2720 - 12th Hour
T he day simply felt like a red game day. Yazad was, he will affirm with humility yet confidence, competent enough with his daily tasks to not spend more than a few hours on them. There was, certainly, the convenient fact that the household consisted of only two people: one of whom consumed more books than edibles, and another who had spent the last fourteen years ensuring that the first does not perish. It had been quite the ordeal for younger Yazad, but older Yazad could only look back at all of his kitchen mishaps and triumph with fondness. Nostalgia was an indulgence earned by those who had put enough days between them and that which once was painful to see only the fuzzy and vague outline of it.

Mushroom and spinach-stuffed roast beef seemed a perfect choice for the day’s dinner table. A side of butternut squash with onions and pecan, and full-bodied red wine with a note of blackcurrant. A perfectly hearty meal for nights that still clung stubbornly to the remnants of winter’s harsh chill. Or at least, that is what the man thought before he emerged out of the house to flurries of soft snow and biting wind, donning his liveries and a pristine white hooded long cape. The intricate embroidery belied the fact that it was made of fortunately thick material. Not much to it, Yazad told himself with a sight. Ingredients did not purchase themselves and kitchens did not magically produce dinners simply because a passive disliked braving the cold.

Bib’s Butchery it is. It was not the only butcher shop that Yazad knew in The Stacks, but it was by far the nearest. Yazad was particular about his ingredients, and even more so when it came to things like cuts of meat, but Benny, the good fellow over at Bib’s Butchery, never gave him a reason to take his patronage elsewhere except during the few times in which his desired cuts were unavailable. Well, this should be a relatively short affair. A brief trek in nearly empty streets, a quick exchange of coin and game, and he shall be on his way back.

"A fine day to you, good sir." Yazad softly greeted the butcher while he made his way into the shop’s interior with the polite assuredness of a regular customer, his graceful gait pausing for a few seconds as he lightly brushed off the soft flakes of snow dotting his inky black hair. Porcelain cheeks were tinted with the red that often accompanied a cold day, which matched the hue of his rose-colored lips. It was only when he lifted his pale green gaze off the light blue ribbon of his cape that he noticed the additional presence of an unfamiliar man. A patron? A supplier? It seemed to be the latter unless Benny was now accepting payments of meat for his wares--which are also meat.

Yazad stood a short distance away from the two men, hands neatly folded as he patiently waited for them to conclude their business. It was not in proper social grace to interrupt an ongoing conversation, but he assumed that expressing interest in a cut such as the one he was seeing is benign enough. "Pardon me, good sir. May I be told of the price of this fine piece?" The passive inquired, wearing a mild smile to go with his mellow voice. "I did hope to find a good cut for the day’s dinner. Mushroom and spinach-stuffed roast beef. One would want to go through two hours of cooking on account of a fitting cut, mind you." He added in courteous playfulness. While his words were mostly meant for the butcher, he acknowledged the heavily-dressed stranger with a smile and a bow of his head.

Maro Seran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:10 am

Now admittedly Maro wasn't the most attentive person when it came to his surroundings, iromic for a hunter but he would defend himself by saying he wasn't hunting at the moment so he could not be blamed for the slight little jump he did when a voice not his own or Benny's made its way to his ears. Judging from the expression on Benny's face and the brief accusatory look directed towards Maro, he too didn't notice the arrival of this customer and blamed it on Maro.

Maro simply gave the butcher a raise of the brow, questioning what he did now? It wasn't like he could anticipate a customer appearing so early in the morning, from what Maro understood other than shopkeepers preparing for the day the only other people who would be awake were Galdori who came to Bruunhold to learn... learn what he didn't know but Maro could at least be sure it wasn't the best way to skin a wolf of its furs efficiently without damage.

His gaze turned to the new person, and Maro's eyes widened to a degree that could be considered quite comical. He felt as if he discovered one of thos pale faced dolls had grown a good few feet taller and learn to walk! His heart raced at the person's feautures, equalled only by their atfire that seemed to be well... to Maro's shame his own best wear would look comfortable upon the rope he'd seen the people of the Stack's hang up to dry their clothing, while this person's would appear to fit in amongst thr Galdori quite well.

"Ah, sorry there. Didn't notice you come in, 'fraid my friend here likes to jabber"

Maro looked to Benny with a stricken look even as he stepped away to give this person, a lady in mens clothing perhaps? They certainly looked it. Benny didn't even deign Maro's gaze with a roll of the eyes! The cur....

"An' yer in luck actually, can't say I knows if this 'ere meats would go well with your dinner actually, but I can say this meat here's fresh venison if ya wanna experiment"

Maro felt amazed how a man such as Benny could turn from skeptical of the Wick before to a friendly sociable fellow when dealing with a customer, the butcher indeed was one of many faces.

Or Maro suspected he was just like that to him. His point still stood he felt.

" 'Course if yer hesitant to try I could throw in a discount for any other fut of meat"

He then proceeded to name a price which for Maro.... well ok Maro adnittedly didn't have quite a grasp on how much venison would be sold. To him meats like Venison were quite the normal fare, good when fresh, but tend to lose something when perserved an inordinate amount of time. But the way Benny stated the price it wasn't far up from what he normally sold, bit more expensive yes, but not unaffordable and judging by the eay the person dressedz they certainly could afford it.

Now that Maro had time to leave his awe behind, the rational parts of his brain categorized this person as Galdori but.... was it normal for Galdori to buy their own meats? And hadn't they referred to Benny as sir? Maro supposed politeness was a thing but Benny was deifnitely no sir.

"Ah, but if you are to be patient er... dearest customer"

Maro spoke up, then had Benny gave him a look of... well not a glare but more of exasperation that disappeared as quickly as it came.

"As Maro is shamed to admit...."

He flashed a guilty smile mixed an air of what he assumed to be charm, it seemed to get a laugh out of ladies at least.

"That cut of venison is unfortunately not the best we have to offer to dear Mr.Benny there, were you to wait another time perhaps tomorroe you will provided to him better cuts brought my people."

Benny had a smug smirk tugging at the corners of his lips, Maro noted. As if he confirmed something about who cut tue venison and was enjoying the morning show he was getting out Maro trying to impress the customer.

The Wick merely kept his smile even though he had an insult resting at the tip of his tongue towards the butcher.

"I am sure Benny here has a cut of beef more suited to your needs at the time being, better for your uh...."

What was that dish they named? Benny wasn't going to give him an answer, something something roast beef?

"Roast beef, I am sure I spotted an offer on veal?"

Benny nodded, grateful it appeared that Maro at least directed them towards the more expensive cut of beef. Granted, wether they buy it was another thing altogether.
Yazad

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:26 pm

The Stacks
Y azad raised a gloved hand, reassuring Benny that it was quite alright. The jabbering did not bother him much, and the passive was very aware of the indignant looks the person in question kept tossing at the butcher.

"I cannot say that I have ever cooked with venison before, but I can certainly make the attempt." Yazad responded to the comment, amusement and intrigue tinting his features. Mushroom and spinach-stuffed roast beef was not something to get creative with, but he can certainly find another use for venison. Lightly, Yazad’s palms came together in a gentle clap. "Why, such a kind offer. I am inclined to not waste your gracious discount if you would kindly allow me to pay for the meat and have it delivered to the good master’s house at a later time?" The smiling passive coupled his request with a polite incline of his head. Benny was, Yazad knew, familiar enough with the Logarchon’s residence to know where to send his purchase.

The price given caused no changes in Yazad’s smile, the only answer to that being a nod of agreement. A tad higher than that of a usual cut that he would purchase, but what of it? If it means that he will get to make something savory out of it, then it is well worth it. It might be an interesting learning experience if nothing else, and the stray cats of their garden will get to feast for it.

"Hm?" Yazad turned his attention to the other man, his head tilting slightly in a silent question though he did not seem to lose his smile still. The more he looked at him, the more he appeared to be--foreign. The utterance of a ‘Maro’ caused the passive to blink in further confusion. "Ah, goodness. How very kind of you to inform me, good sir. One is indeed hard-pressed to let a fine cut of meat go unobtained." Yazad’s smile brightened, his head nodding to the stranger who seems to know a fair bit about the supply of Benny’s meat. There was a mention of his ‘people’ and Yazad could only assume that this was one of the people who actually caught the game that Benny sold. "I shall offer the same arrangement, then." Payment upfront, delivery later.

"Mushroom and spinach-stuffed roast beef." Yazad supplied in casual ease, smiling to the foreigner. "It shall be served with a side of butternut squash with onions and pecan, and full-bodied red wine with a note of blackcurrant." He added, eagerness seeping through his polite reservation. It should please Benny and the meat provider so as to know that their wares are being put to good use. "Veal, you say? I most certainly would like that as well." Not one to linger when he knew what he wanted, Yazad reached for his pocketbook and approached the pleased butcher. The exchange of coins and thanks was brief, allowing Yazad to soon focus on the third man once again.

With slow and nimble steps, the passive approached the foreigner, pale green eyes gazing up upon him in open gratefulness. "I must offer you my gratitude for your kind assistance, good sir. It is thanks to you that I may serve a filling meal tonight. However can I repay your favor?".

Maro Seran

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:48 am

Maro could have sworn he could have seen the money signs in Benny's eyes as the sale went through, he would have to inform his Daobrunno about this, perhaps this would earn him more leeway in the future. But that thought would have be to set aside for now as his hazle eyes turned to meet the well dressed individuals own green ones. Maro smiled back with a bit of a showman's flair as he bowed theatrically to the doll faced person.

"Maro has done nothing but aided in making sure all walk out happy."

He spoke in a tone that feigned humblness, standing straighter he contemplated but a moment for something they could do. Admittedly Maro hadn't actually thought ahead for what to do next, the pretty faced person, whose voice and demeanor was overall mellow if refined with their formal mannerisms. Part of his mind assumed them human in service to Galdori due to their apparel, but considering of what he knew of Bruunhold perhaps this individual was a passive? The Galdori treated as pitiful things by the rest of their ilk due to their inability to do the one thing they seemed to prize over all others?

Eh, it mattered not. They were an interesting person, and Maro did so like to talk to people.

"Well, perhaps if time allows you. Would you care to join Maro for breakfast, he has some time to pass and breakfast seems to be one of the things that will pass it, but it is always better with company."

The Wick smiled winsomely, or what he fondly imagined was winsomely, a raised brow and a corner of his lips curling to a smirk. That was the moment his stomach growled, indicating that breakfast was indeed a good idea since the hunter seemed to have not eaten yet, his smile was still plastered on his face but there a tinge of sheepishness to it now as well.

Yazad

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:33 pm

The Stacks
T here it was again--Maro. By now, Yazad had concluded that this person, for some reason or the other, was referring to himself by his own name. It could be simply the custom in whatever foriegn land he came from. The passive received a flamboyant smile that almost reminded him of something, or someone. Almost. It was a niggling sensation that pecked at the back of his mind, tucked out of reach.

"And that Maro did." Yazad assured the other smilingly, adopting his preferred way of address. At least Benny looked happy enough, and Yazad, well--he was always happy. Maro himself -assuming that really is his name- looked very much the type of person who had a natural penchant for cheer. But that was only an initial observation and only time can tell if it is true or not.

"Oh my, breakfast you say?" The passive thought with some guilt that he might have to disappoint Maro, for he had already consumed his morning slice of bread with butter and jam, but upon further thought, he can easily agree and simply settle for the company. The man, foreign and strange as he was, did not strike Yazad as anything but just a bit different. The raven-haired Bastian smiled, looking at the smirking man before him. But goodness, what did he remind him of? "I should be able to spare a bit of time if you would have my company." Yazad’s smile shifted into something that is closer to surprise when an unmistakable sound echoed in the silent shop, announcing the other’s hunger to the world. Or really, just to him and Benny.

A light chuckle escaped Yazad’s lips before the passive nodded to the other in affirmation. "Where would the good sir want to go for breakfast?" If Maro is indeed a foreigner, then perhaps he resided at a hotel nearby? Or did he live somewhere where he has family around The Stacks?

Maro Seran

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:48 pm

Time Stamp
Maro's smile became a bit more genuine at his new friends acceptance of the breakfast offer, of course no layed the issue of where to exactly eat but... well, the Stacks had no shortage of shops, he just had to look for one that wasn't out of his meager price range. He also had to remind himself it was cold out and well.... probably a place with warm drinks.

He hid his thoughts behind his mind as he internally panicked about where to go, in truth he had a number of places to think of, but would they meet his new friends standards? The way his mellow looking friend was dressed would make him stand out perhaps, but if he was a servant perhaps they wouldn't care much? City folk did have to worry about dressing well, didn't they? For their masters.

"Maro has an idea of where to go, and perhaps it is not crowded at this hour."

At least Maro hoped, it was morning still after all but also perhaps folks would be on their way to work rather than meander about a tavern so early.... there'd always be exceptions he knew but it was a risk worthy of taking.

Making an about turn, Maro beckoned for his new friend to follow.

"Ah, Maro is also being quite rude, I am Maro Seran, a hunter"

The Wick introduced himself with a sheepish turn of his head towards the pale fellow, before turning it back to the path. A small breeze of cold wind struck the Wick in the face, sending shivers down his spine and forcing him to release a breath into the air. He stuck his hands into the pockets of his coat, the quicker they made it to the tavern the better.

"It is weather like this that makes Maro wish he was like the animals he hunted, with their furs keeping his body warm. Then again, he'd probably be hunted by his own family"

He chuckled at the thought, he could think of a few family members who'd relish at the thought of hunting Maro down for past transgressions, really they were but a humorless lot. The path was winding, the Stacks as much a maze as the forests were and Maro had to bless his upbringing that his own sense of direction was fairly honed as they made away to a little tavern that Maro sometimes frequented whenever the Kint stopped by Bruunhold. The scent of breakfast freshly cooked waffed out the doorway which was left slightly ajar, promising something warm at the very least for Maro to fill his belly. A human exited the place, hands brought together as if the very cold startled him, face covered in a scarf as he made his way past Maro and his friend, too cold for pleasantries it seemed.

"And here we are, not the fanciest of places..."

As if he could afford that.

"But its a quiet place, and they've mulled ale if one has no issue for a good drink to warm the belly in the morn"

He gave a wide mischievous smile to his friend, as if he was doing something he ought not but couldn't help himself. Besides it was cold out here, surely a warm ale couln't hurt? He pushed the door aside, boots upon worn wood echoing his entry as he waved at the fellow behind the bar before taking a seat at a table.

"Beasts, you'd not think it spring with how cold it is out there."
Yazad

Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:57 am

The Stacks
M aro stated that he knows a place to go to, and that was such a relief, for Yazad himself knew of no establishments to visit for breakfast. "A fair point. Do lead the way." Chances are, there are only a few people away from their beds at this time of day.

Yazad offered the butcher a slight bow of his head before following Maro out of the shop and instantly missing the warmth of closed indoors when a cold gust of wind assaulted his face. "Goodness me, I have never met a hunter before." Yazad exclaimed, his eyebrows arching slightly. It was a meaningless statement since he really did not meet many people of any kind, living the life that he had lived so far. "Charmed, Maro. This is a rather unusual name. I am Yazad, a servant." The passive smiled cordially and introduced himself. It would have been an obvious thing to see if most of his liveries did not lie obscured from view below his long cape. Judging by Maro’s reaction to the chilly weather, Yazad was not the only one who was struggling with it.

"If you were an animal, then the hunters would not be your family." Yazad chuckled cheerily, finding the other’s imagination to be rather amusing. The prospect of a sentient animal being hunted by his own family of hunters was a terrible one, but not as terrible as the mental image of a fur-covered person. That would make bathing a horrible nightmare. "I am not a lover of such weather myself. I much rather days that are showered with sunlight, when flowers bloom and greenery flourishes." The raven-haired man nodded along, looking up almost dreamily as he pictured warm afternoons and lush gardens. Before his eyes, all that he could see was the overcast sky.

"Oh, ah, pardon--" Yazad looked down only in time to see a man who was exiting the building they headed into with haste. The man, all covered up and looking like he was in a rush, probably did not even hear his words. Maro seemed to have led him to a tavern that he did not know was in the area. Not, like Maro said, the fanciest of places, but it looked clean and cozy enough.

A light chuckle escaped Yazad’s lips, his black-crowned head shaking slightly at what Maro said. "Worry not about it, any place where one takes some reprieve from the cold is welcomed." And it did not look to be heavy on the wallet either. Yazad met Maro’s impish smile with a polite yet playful one. "I am on a personal journey to sample the hot cocoa of every establishment that I visit, so I will have to regretfully decline the mulled ale." Yazad stated as he followed Maro into a table, the heels of his boots clicking against the wooden floorboards. When his companion seated himself, the passive followed suit.

"It is not spring for me until I see the flowers blooming, alas--" Yazad shook his head, "This is what we get. But one must not gripe. If anything, such weather gives me the chance to make good use of my winter wardrobe." The man stated with a chuckle, gracefully crossing his legs before taking a look around. "Do you come here often, Maro? To The Stacks, I mean. If I may be so bold, you look like you could be from elsewhere."

Maro Seran

Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Maro let out an amused chuckle at the thought, It was certainly a journey he could agree with, in fact he was sure the boschs in the family would approve of it as well. He turned his expression into a look of mock seriousness.

"Oh yes, such a journey wrought with risk, to taste all the hot chocolate in Anaxas, no the world, would task even the most determined of explorers"

His tone had that exagerrated seriousness to it, like the tone his elders used when discussing important things that Maro had no care to remember at the moment, but it was hard to not imitate the voice along with a solemn nod before breaking out a smile and chuckling at himself. He waved a hand to the person behind the tavern bar, it was someone different from what he recalled when he last came here, would probably be different the next time.

As the they made their way, Maro focused on Yazad and gave out a hum. Flower's weren't really something he focused on during his travels, not for their aesthetics in anycase. Some from his family often gathered them to make some tonics and the like, but beyond that he'd not seen it used save as decorations. He supposed he just wasn't the sort for that.

"Maro supposes he could get understand that somewhat, for Maro's family spring arrives when the forests are awake with the calls of deers and birds, the lifeblood of the Seran"

Then he smiled again and nodded towards Yazad's wardrobe.

"And Maro has to admit, its fine clothing. Maro had assumed you at first to be something other than a servant"

As the propriator of the Tavern approached, Maro paused his words briefly to give his order; a simple plate of sausages and eggs with mulled ale, he then waited for Yazad to give their own before answering the servant's question.

"Truth be told? Maro and his family don't linger here in Bruunhold long enough to be here often, the Seran are hunters and nomads. We follow the roads and the hunt"

He shrugged, leanning back into his seat with a thoughtful frown.

"We're all from Anaxas, sure... but I suppose if you ask certain folks we're not really part of the 'country'"

He said, dropping his used of his own name fore the first time as he shifted into things he didn't really bother thinking about.

Yazad

Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:27 am

The Stacks
Y azad was rather quick to respond to Maro with sagely seriousness that matched the hunter’s own. "A daunting challenge indeed, yet still one that I am willing to brave." The slow nod of the passive’s head carried as much earnestness as it did playfulness. He had neither been lying nor jesting about his journey, but it was indeed a difficult one when he had a sense of directions so naturally awful. It will be a long time still until he can visit every cocoa-serving establishment in The Stacks at this rate, let alone the world.

As the subject shifted to mention of deer and birds, and the lifeblood of the Seran, the raven-haired man attempted his hardest not to think about the poor forest creatures that Maro and his family slaughtered in the name of good nutrition. He understood that meat was an important staple for good health, but if only meat can be manufactured somewhere without the need to slaughter living beings for it. "It is your livelihood, so that is understandable. I cannot imagine how it is like to be out in a forest." There was genuine intrigue in Yazad’s voice as he uttered the words. He had seen rose bushes, small groves, a few thickets, but never a real forest. Woodlands remained a part of a fantastical world that belonged to folk tales and bedtime stories, often of the enchanted variety.

"Why, thank you kindly." Yazad chuckled softly, running a hand down the front of his long cape. Compliments about his choice of outfits were never something that he was shy about accepting. "A servant or not, I make a point to always look my best." The raven-haired man nodded in affirmation.

"Ah, hot coca, if I may. Thank you." Yazad gave his order with a smile and an appreciative nod to the tavern worker before turning his attention towards his companion again. Maro spoke of roaming with family, of following the road and the hunt. A rather amusing yet foreign concept to the entirely domestic servant. It was hard to imagine a life without a permanent home to go back to. Strange as it may seem to the passive, this is probably the only kind of life that a hunter knows.

"I find it rather difficult to picture that if I am to be honest." Yazad admitted, his cheeks gaining in ruddiness as a bit of sheepishness took over. "To not have a permanent home, that is. On the other hand, I find the thought of going everywhere with your family rather charming. It is as if you are on an eternal family picnic, except that you need not worry about the sandwiches spoiling." Yazad giggled sunnily at the thought, although he was not sure how large the other’s family was or what life they led on the road.

"Did you ever consider settling down somewhere?"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Stacks”

• Information