Under the Stars

(Aurelien)

Open for Play
Brunnhold's college town, located inside the university grounds.

Elisora Rivaen
Topics: 8
Race: Writer
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Post Templates: Post Templates

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:28 am

32nd of Hamis, 2718

It had been at least a few years she had last seen Aurelien. The last time met was probably on her father’s birthday just after she graduated. Their parents were good friends so naturally the two individuals had met. She heard he had a rising career as lawyer. Elise had always known him as a private man, intelligent and blunt.

Her father was the one who told her that Aurelien would be coming to Brunnhold and they should have dinner together. He told her how to contact him and where he would be staying and all that. Her father also didn’t miss reminding how important it was for her to stay connected with Aurelien. She definitely did not miss the jab at her, about how his friend’s son had become a lawyer while Elise was stuck dealing with sick people.

Elise had learned to ignore her family’s occasional judgment of her choice of career. Her parents wanted her succeed, to honor their family name, and she couldn’t do it through politics. Her talent was in medicine and biology, so that was how she planned on ‘succeeding’ in life. She graduated as the best Living mage of her year. She was immediately recruited to work at one of the best hospitals in Anaxas. She was on her way to make a name for herself – and do her family proud. One day, her parents would be able to accept that, until then she would just have to do her best.

Fortunately, she had always liked Aurelien, so she didn’t mind at all setting up a meeting with him – despite the somber mood her father’s letter had caused her. In the parties her parents brought her too, there weren’t always children her age, but Aurelien had always been a familiar face. With that in mind, Elise had sent the man a letter inviting him for dinner at the Stacks.

And there she was standing under the moonlit sky in front of the finer establishments of the Stacks. A proper restaurant where they might actually serve gourmet food. She was slowly regretting the fact that she had decided to put her hair up, the cold breeze teasing around her neck. At least she had opted for a long-sleeved velvet dress, the maroon fabric brushing against the floor.

Elise had arrived first, but it didn’t matter. It was better that she had secured a table for them first. She walked up to the concierge, her rosy lips tugged into a soft smile. “I have reserved a table for two. Under the name of Elisora Rivaen.”

“Of course,” the man bowed. She could tell her was human when she didn’t feel his field. He began scanning the list he was holding. A minute passed and Elise could tell that the man was looking over the names over and over again with scrunched brows. In the end she finally looked up and smiled apologetically, “I am afraid your name is not on the list, miss.”

“Excuse me?” she asked, her head tilted in confusion and her field flared with surprise. “I came here three days ago, specifically to make reservations. How is it that my name is not there?”

He shook his head. “I am truly sorry, miss. I have checked twice. I am afraid without reservations, you cannot come in.”

“But I did reserve,” she insisted calmly, even when her dark eyes hardened.

By Alioe’s name, this was going to be a disaster.

Tags:
Aurelien LeClair
Topics: 9
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Mistral
Post Templates: Post Templates

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Aurélien could envision Elisora in his mind then as he rode in the back of a taxi carriage. The image was from years ago, but there was something undoubtedly striking about her soft-spoken nature. Perhaps it was because in the rush of the party celebrating both her father’s next year of age and her graduation, she was a welcome reprieve. He could remember the warmth of her voice when she spoke, though he couldn’t hear the actual tone itself. Elisora, in his memory, was a young woman exuding compassion and kindness. Yet, underneath those traits was an softly simmering confidence, something that told Aurélien that she was someone strong in herself and perhaps proud of her soft-spoken and gentle nature. He had never pried into her mind, looked to see what made her tick. He only trusted the aura she radiated, letting its warmth envelope him and carry his attention with her hearth-like words.

Who was to say how Elisora was now? Aurélien’s image was one forged in the fires of the past, burned into the walls of his mind by the heat of his past conversations with the young woman of the Rivaen family. Perhaps she was cold now. Mayhaps time and the world outside of the University had doused those flames, leaving scaled coals that billowed aphysiating smoke.

The questions that reeled readily to the forefront of his mind were to be answered soon. The driver of the carriage rounded another bend inside the thoroughfares of the Stacks and continued down the final stretch of road leading to the restaurant Aurélien would be meeting Elisora at. He couldn’t help the fluttering of butterflies that were let loose in his belly. Something about meeting a stranger he regarded as a friend made him nervous. He only wished for the same young woman he remembered to appear before him when he stepped out of the carriage. He could not know what this night under the stars would give him.

The carriage came to a slow and jaunting halt as the wagon lurched to a stop just as the horses finished their trot. Aurélien produced the fare for the driver and dismissed himself from the carriage, stepping out onto the walkway.

His attire resembled the sky at night. Aurélien wore a deep blue waistcoat overtop a midnight colored dress shirt. His trousers and tailed-jacket were in the same tone as his waistcoat, and a golden-colored bow tie matching the buttons on his waistcoat and jacket tied in his look with his black shoes.

Aurélien checked the timepiece on his wrist and muttered a curse under his breath. He slid his sleeve back over his watch and rushed up the walkway leading to the restaurant. There were some others around him, streaming too and from the doorway into the establishment, and his hurried gait and height brought attention to him. He paid it no mind in his haste, only coming to slow when he spied familiar reddish hair. The woman stood slightly taller than the average galdor of Anaxas, but the familiarity of her was what truly drew him in.
Aurélien reined in the speed of his amble and brought a hand to smooth out the dark strands on his head. He approached Elisora carefully, having observed a whispering disturbance in her aura. He came up behind her, but stopped just shy of a few paces.

“Terribly sorry to keep you waiting, Elisora,” he said. “It took me longer than I thought it would to arrive by carriage.” He glanced between the host and her. “Were you just waiting for me, or is something the matter?”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Stacks”

• Information