A new beginning?

Cecelia has to turn to one of her husband's old acquaintances for help.

Open for Play
Brunnhold's college town, located inside the university grounds.

Cecelia Driscoll
Topics: 8
Race: Human
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot notes (Including thread history!)
Writer: Rachel/jadeowl
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:23 pm

The Stacks Brunnhold, Anaxas
on the 72nd of Roalis, 2718 Evening
Cecelia chewed her lip in thought. She didn't want her new friend to put herself at risk, but Sednai seemed pretty confident that she could handle herself. And Lady knew that Lia needed some clothes. If she only had to worry about herself, Cecelia would have just scavenged what she could find. But her daughter...

She couldn't let her daughter only wear one dress, one nightgown, and the handful of diapers she had in her bag.

Cecelia gasped softly when Sednai revealed her brand. "I would have joined the Resistance because of that too," she said in a soft, sad voice. "I don’t know why Aldwin joined, to be honest. I just know that whatever seed that was planted that lead to him joining the Resistance was painful and happened before I met him. But I think it was something that built up over time, too, you know? That root event planted the seed, but if that seed hadn’t been nurtured, he would’ve never joined the Resistance."

The petite woman gave a slight shrug and fed Galiya some more food. "Aldwin did mention that he spent his first years on a horse farm. But something happened and he ended up in Vienda. It was clear that he didn’t want to talk about it and I figured we had time. I thought that he’d eventually open up to me," she paused to look up at the ceiling for a moment. "Guess we didn’t have all that much time, did we?"

Cecelia fiddled with her headscarf as she listened to Sednai, a nervous habit that she could never quite get rid of. Galiya was drifting off against her, and Cecelia bowed her head to kiss the drowsy baby’s head. "I can’t say that I like you getting involved, but... Galiya does need clothes. I have what she's wearing, her nightgown, and 4 diapers. I can't raise her on that and I don't know how long it will take for me to find a job. And all I have for me is what I'm wearing," she sighed. She eyed the freckled woman shyly and gave a dimpled smile. "I'm pretty sure your clothes wouldn’t fit me, anyways," she teased.

"He won’t have spent all my money yet, so if you can get some of that, it'd help with the rent until I find a job. And if you want to teach him a lesson... Well, I can't stop you. I'd rather you not put yourself at risk, but I won't lie and say that part of the reason I stayed with him was because I didn't want him hurting other women. I could take the abuse. I don't know if his next victim will be able to do that."

"I can draw you a map to the apartment I lived in. The rent's paid for the next couple weeks, so he's not going anywhere until then. He also likes to hang out at that 'exotic club' by the Basin," the dark-skinned said, her face screwed up in distaste. "Friend of his owns the place and doesn’t care what he does to the girls, as long as he pays for the beer he drinks."

Tags:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Stacks”

• Information