Moving In Was Never So Hard

Shortly after arriving at Brunnhold, Netheneale finds himself facing the unexpected conflict of moving in.

Open for Play
Brunnhold's college town, located inside the university grounds.

Netheneale Rami-Savatier
Topics: 4
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: TheNetiquette27 (Nick)
Post Templates: Post Templates

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 am

Achtus 30, 2718
Neth's Apartment | In The Afternoon
Neth's passive assistant, William, was taking deep breaths as he stared at the staircase in front of him. "Mis- Miste-." Sweat poured off of the man as he sat down on the chest Neth and him were preparing to drag up the stairs.

Ambrose, Neth's pet leira, could be seen staring at the two men from the top of the staircase. In its old age, the lizard had become a fat, grumpy and lazy creature. Looking up at the lizard, Neth was almost certain Ambrose was trying to establish dominance from his high ground on the stairs. Old age sure made you an asshole.

Neth took a single deep breath as he patted the passive's shoulder. "Just a little more William... Just a little more."

The galdor then sat down on the chest as well and produced a handkerchief to wipe the sweat off of his forehead. The two had been at moving into the apartment for at least two hours now, and this chest was the last thing left for them to bring in. Never did I expect a single clocking chest to get the best of us. We had a great set-up in the beginning, how did we even get here? As the two rested, Neth stared at the floor as he reflected on the day.

In the beginning, William would haul in the boxes and luggage, and Neth's miraan, Laurentius, would carry much lighter items into his apartment. From there, Neth would sort the items the miraan and William had brought in, and all was well.

But that was not the case with this chest. William found that the titan of a chest was too much for him, and went to Neth for help. Stumbling into the apartment with a layer of sweat covering his forehead, the passive quickly plopped himself down on a dining chair. "Mister Savatier, there's something I need some help with."

Netheneale had been organizing his books on a few shelves and looked over at William once he heard the man plant himself in the squeaky wooden chair. Laurentius flew into the room and landed on a kitchen counter, immediately falling asleep. "Of course, William. What is it?"

William's voice appeared out of nowhere and brought Neth out of his memories and back to reality. "Mister Savatier? Neth? Neth? Are you there?."

Neth's gaze shot up at William and it took the galdor a moment to realize he was back in reality and out of his mind. After getting his bearings back, the galdor nodded at William. Standing up, the galdor put his handkerchief back in his shirt pocket. "Ok, let's do this. Once we're finished here I say we dine at a tavern. You and I both deserve some rest after this clocking nightmare."

Both men took one handle and lifted, or tried to. After the chest got an inch off of the floor the men moved towards the stairs in a short burst of energy. They made it up two of the steps, and the chest started falling backward on Neth. With a grunt, the galdor barely held the chest off of him. "Tocks, this thing is heavy!"

An exhausted William could be heard from above. "Just don't let go Neth! We have maybe five stairs left!" With the promise of being near the end, Neth and William both pushed themselves as hard as they could. Never again.. I'm never doing this again. The two made great progress and found themselves at the top with only one stair left. Once again, the two pushed themselves and made it to the top. They had succeeded!

Or so they had thought. Ambrose, who had remained still and silent at the top of the stairs, had never moved. Neth's foot was caught on the creature's fat tail, and he tripped. All that was behind the galdor was a flight of stairs. He slammed his body against the wall in an attempt to keep his balance, but Ambrose was having none of it. Surprised and unhappy that someone had tripped on him, he bit at Neth. It didn't hurt, but it was enough to break the man's balance. Neth slipped and fell. This is how I die, to a fat clocking lizard.

Neth's vision went black, and all was silent. "What if he's dead!? They'd kill me! I know they would!" William's voice was the first thing that the galdor heard. The next thing that greeted Neth was his sight, and then an intense, sharp pain in the back of his head. Looking around, Neth could see he was on a couch in his apartment. William was at the dining table talking to Neth's pet osta, Ana. She had been hiding during the whole move and it was a relief that she hadn't run off.

The pain in Neth's head was unbearable, but he still was able to move. As he sat up, William breathed a sigh of relief. "Nethe- Mister Savatier! You're alive! I was so wor-"

Neth raised an open hand at the passive. "Shhh! Let me think, William." Netheneale pressed his back against the couch and looked out the window in the apartment. A few winged animals could be seen flying far in the air. The galdor stared at them as he tried to block out all the sound around him. Just watch the birds, Neth. Watch the birds. After a minute had passed, the galdor took a deep breath and started to attempt casting an anaesthetic and repairing spell.

Last edited by Netheneale Rami-Savatier on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Muse
Site Admin
Topics: 99
Race: Storyteller
Character Sheet: My Office
Plot Notes: My Manifesto
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates for Everyone

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 pm

While the fall was quick, it felt like a decent-sized chunk of forever. Especially the landing, or, more precisely, the multiple landings against a couple of the stairs, the sound in Neth's head unpleasant and sharp, though not as sharp as the pain that hammered into his skull and crawled down his neck before his vision went dark like a snuffed out candle.

It was only for a moment.

ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
SidekickBOT | Today at 3:33 PM
Muse: 3d6 = 1+2+6

1 - Neth didn't mitigate his fall well.
2 - Neth isn't terribly injured, but he's still banged up and bruised.
6 - Neth's spellwork is impeccable and the mona acquiesces to his requests for Anesthetic and Healing

William's voice slowly dragging the galdor back from a moment of dazed near-unconsciousness, Neth was on his back at the bottom of the flight of stairs, unsure of what wasn't hurting as he attempted to focus. It felt like it took far longer than it should have to gather his field which was, like his pained thoughts, scattered like a flock of birds. The mona moved, aware of the man's need, coalescing warily at his words of Monite. The Anesthetic spellwork brought a sudden flood of relief, a tingling sensation dancing beneath his scalp and along his spine, and it was through this cool feeling that the galdor immediately understood the extent of his injuries, a monic understanding filtering through his fogged thoughts.

Healing was a minor affair, Neth's leybrige between two Living Conversation spells smooth and well-practiced, his bruises minor but painful ones. A very distinct scent of cinnamon filled his nostrils and even as the rest of his pain dissolved while tissues and bone and crushed veins were all knit back together, Neth's teeth ached for a few moments as run off from his casting faded with his words.
Netheneale Rami-Savatier
Topics: 4
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: TheNetiquette27 (Nick)
Post Templates: Post Templates

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:28 am

Achtus 30, 2718
Neth's Apartment | In The Afternoon
Neth slowly stood up as he shook off the aching in his teeth. Looking up at the top of the staircase, Neth's eyes locked with Ambrose's. The emotion and fire in the galdor's eyes were greeted by those of a stone cold killer. The fat and traitorous lizard stuck its tongue out, and then waddled its way to the apartment. I've been underestimating that lizard. Before Neth could take a step, William's voice pierced his ears. "Good Lady, you're alive!"

William ran down the stairs and swiftly put an arm around the galdor. Just a moment ago, the passive had been rambling to the osta about how his life was ruined, and he was very relieved to see that he would not, in fact, have to worry about being accused of murder. The passive's feet started moving up the stairs, forcibly bringing Neth with him. "Come with me, Mister Savatier! I can handle the chest from here, it's only a few pushes away from our room, anyhow."

William continued to ramble, but after he settled the galdor on his bed in the apartment, the passive started going back to his usual self. "Ok, alright. I'm going to get that chest, you stay here." William left the room, closing the door behind him. Neth stood up and prepared to help William anyways, but a sudden wave of exhaustion hit the man, and he slowly settled back in bed. Too much had happened today for what was supposed to be a simple moving in, and he was ready to sleep.

Ana, the galdor's pet osta, jumped onto Neth's bed and laid down next to him. Netheneale smiled as he stroked the fur of his companion and was reminded of his loving half-sister. He hadn't seen most of his family for years, and he was hoping to fix that, starting with his nephew, Laurentius. Both the galdor's and osta's eyes slowly closed, and sleep was a gift quickly given to them.

An hour later, William looked around the apartment as he nodded his head, impressed with his work. Everything was unpacked save for the chest he had been instructed to keep closed, and the apartment was looking much more welcoming than it had at the beginning of the day. After all this, I think I deserve some rest as well. The passive yawned as he entered Neth's bedroom. William had a separate bed on the other side of the room which he slowly walked over to in an attempt to not wake a sleeping Neth. Once he had gotten to his bed, the passive gratefully laid down and drifted off to sleep.

Moving in had always been a chore for the two, but never had it been so hard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Stacks”

• Information