Hi all

Just a Friendly Greeting
If you'd like to say hello officially on the forum, you can do so here. We also encourage you to join our Discord.

Jobe Linger
Topics: 8
Race: Human
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Good Guy
Post Templates: Post Templates

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Well here I am. Thought I'd give your lovely forum game a try and write a bit on it here or there. I've never actually done a steampunk themed game so I'm pretty excited about it.

I have the skeletal formations of a character profile written up... Just the action figure bits, like inventory, combat skill, etc XD. I often save the personality and history for last. I have a good idea what he's like and what his life has been about up to this point, but it takes some doing to get all of that in writing along with the ancillary details.

There's a lot of new information to sort through, but I suppose that's just the way of things coming to a new homebrew setting. :D

Look forward to meeting some of you.
Muse
Site Admin
Topics: 99
Race: Storyteller
Character Sheet: My Office
Plot Notes: My Manifesto
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates for Everyone

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:06 am

Hello! Welcome to Thorns!

I’m keeping a curious eye on your WIP character sheet! We have a few folks in the Resistance who are always happy for more plot opportunities.

Do visit us on Discord if you’re into that sort of thing. We have a chatty bunch and most players do use our plot channels for making plans. If you’re not interested, that’s totally fine. Check out the Approved main characters and you can find other folks to PM and plot with!

I’m always happy to see new folks make their way here!

How did you find Thorns and have you been forum role playing for long? :)
Jobe Linger
Topics: 8
Race: Human
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Good Guy
Post Templates: Post Templates

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:57 am

Heya, thanks :D

My sheet is a work in progress. The more I work on those ancillary details, the more I think I better just buckle down and tackle his history first, to get it set in stone.

I've been forum roleplaying for roughly 20 years, starting off in various online games rp forums, then moving onto dedicated play by post in various other sites (one of which I am still playing quite frequently)

I found Thorns through someone mentioning it on one of those sites actually, and decided to give it a look. So far it looks intriguing. I like that the system of advancement is based on narrative and not as much bean counting going on (Although I'll be honest, I love bean counting and tracking progress as much as anyone).

Err, I hope I won't get in trouble for mentioning other sites? (edits their names out, just in case)
Muse
Site Admin
Topics: 99
Race: Storyteller
Character Sheet: My Office
Plot Notes: My Manifesto
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates for Everyone

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:52 am

We’ve all been around the internet and play by posts here so mentioning other sites isn’t offensive!

Anyway, we’ve got a bunch of long term collaborative writers here so yay! Have fun!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Introductions”

• Information