Muse's Manifesto

My Vision for Thorns 2.0 and beyond.

Just a Friendly Greeting
If you'd like to say hello officially on the forum, you can do so here. We also encourage you to join our Discord.

Muse
Site Admin
Topics: 99
Race: Storyteller
Character Sheet: My Office
Plot Notes: My Manifesto
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates for Everyone

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:39 am

I believe this is possible. Together.

I've been writing collaborative stories for almost 30 years—adventuring with my friends for as long as I can remember in backyards with sticks and in notebooks passed between classes in middle school hallways. Writing stories has always been a big part of my life. It keeps me sane. It helps me work through the struggles of real life. It makes me happy. It has brought me good friends.

I've hopped around, though the original Thorns: Uprising was my first official play-by-post role playing experience online, a decade ago. I've written on Mizahar. I'm still writing and moderating on Standing Trials. I've been on a Tumblr role-play once and I've even visited a few other sites ... But, I've always held a candle in the dark for the world, the setting, and the story of Thorns.

Some play-by-post sites are too big for me, too swollen with staff and lore and players. I can't handle the behemoth of those places. I'm a small group person. I need to find my niche. Thorns is my niche, to be honest. And I've known this for ten years.

I don't want this place to be the next big thing. I don't want to be huge. I don't want a million votes or a large player base. I want an intimate, comfortable experience shared between a fair number of mature, creative writers. I want good stories, long-game plots, and a lot of fun. Cozy, friendly, and eager—I'd like this place to become like an extended AD&D campaign with a large, familiar group of faces where we watch things expand and unfold around us and our PCs. I want to build a world with a firm foundation of lore and plenty of jumping-off points for story, a few very moving long-term plot lines and plenty of room for players to entwine themselves completely.

In my heart of hearts, I know this is possible.

I believe it.

We can do this together.

Return to “Introductions”

• Information