Happy 1st Birthday, Thorns!

365 days of writing!

News, updates, and other necessary information can be found here for your reading pleasure.
Muse
Site Admin
Topics: 99
Race: Storyteller
Character Sheet: My Office
Plot Notes: My Manifesto
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates for Everyone

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Happy birthday, errybody!

We have been writing together here on Thorns: Uprising for a full year, and I am so thankful for all of you people who have helped put this place together, develop it piece by piece, and fill it with your beautiful stories and amazing characters. Thank you.

I'm very proud to have a lovely, supportive, and enthusiastic community of players who care about each other, respect each other, and plot together like voracious word monsters.

I'm very thrilled to have staff who are my friends, who more or less share my brain cells, and who are just as passionate as I am about making a whole world come to life.

I hope that this year is as awesome as last year! I look forward to building Thorns into a thriving forum full of such lovely things, and really, I can't do any of that without you people.

Happy birthday, Thorns! And thank you from the bottom of my sappy heart!

Please use this announcement to share some of your favorite things about being here!

P.S. While that's probably a gif birthday cake, we all know that here around Thorns, we'd rather have some birthday pie. So, just pretend, okay?
Raksha
Site Admin
Topics: 65
: Resistance is Futile. Order is life.
Character Sheet: My Office
Post Templates: Post Templates

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:30 pm

FAVOURITE THINGS ABOUT THORNS:
  • The rest of my brain!
  • The writers
  • Gods, the stoooorrriesss!!!
Seriously though, I have moments throughout the day where i just scroll over the forums. not to read anything in particular but to scroll through and see all the titles and people on here. Guys, this place is my heart, and you all make it happy. :)

Hamaye fami!! <3
Graf
Topics: 8
: Ψυχάριον εἶ βαστάζον νεκρόν
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm

It's honestly hard to pick a favorite thing about Thorns. Its excellent lore -- on the part of both the staff and the players, who work so well together that original and added lore are seamless -- is one thing, but it's not just what is on the wiki; every single one of the storytellers here brings the world to life. I was shocked that this iteration of Thorns hadn't been around longer than a year. It feels like it's been here forever. The world is convincingly alive.

On the other hand, I love the community OOC. You all are fine people, and I haven't gotten the same feeling from any other community I've been in. I can't imagine a better environment for a writer to flourish.

Keep up the good work, vramoven.
inc0gnito
Topics: 1
Race: Writer
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Writer: Nito
Post Templates: [url=http:/fullurl/]Post Templates[/url]

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Hey oh!

I've been here for twenty minutes, but the plot/setting is really gripping, and so far I've interacted with some pretty cool people. Here's to another year. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Announcements”

• Information