[Writer Profile] Dizzy

Get to Know our Writers
All out-of-character Writer Profiles can be found here, which contain information about our writers, their characters their habits, and their personal preferences.

Dizzy
Topics: 2
Race: Writer
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Post Templates: [url=http:/fullurl/]Post Templates[/url]

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Biographic Information
Greetings! I’m Heather (will respond to she/her), a linguist, Speech and Language Therapist, and Youth Worker. Married to a soldier, we live in Scotland with our three fur babies, Merry, Pippin, and Coco.

Fun fact, which I like telling everyone about, I share my birthday with my Partner in Crime, Max, who is much better than me at this writing malarkey, so check him out :)

Cast of Characters
Leander Aguilar. Passive. ORH. Key concepts:
Bitterly Cynical
Charismatic and Suave
Dedicated Hedonist
Impulsive
Intelligent
Intolerant of Others
Profound Misanthrope
Rageful Temper
Reckless Audacity
Refined & Sophisticated
Selfish and Disdainful
Uninhibited Arrogance

Lucian Rush. Functional Passive. Brunnhold. Key Concepts:
Compassionate
Courageous
Determined
Honest
Intelligent
Loyal
Noble
Righteous
Sacrificial
Selfless

Writing Habits and Expectations
As a general rule, I go through periods of high activity and periods of absence. It’s not ideal and I try to inform writing partners of inactivity (if it’s something I am aware of in advance). Coming back into writing after a period of absence can be challenging, however, which can delay this process even more. In terms of speed of posting, sometimes I thoroughly enjoy writing in rapid posting cycles with partners, and can complete a full thread within a week.. and it’s even been known to achieve it within a day, in the right circumstances. But that’s not to say that I don’t mind spending longer over threads, with weeks (or months!) between posts.

I have been role playing online for over a decade now, and I have learnt how important it is to prioritise life over writing. This will randomly impact posting time, and I respect the same attitude any writing partner, if they share it.

Posting length will vary, and rarely has anything to do with the quality of the other player’s posts. I will not engage in needless purple prose for the sake of making my posts longer to match the longer (and often amazing) posts of my writing partners... but occasionally I have a lot to say, so posts definitely vary. I endeavour to aim for at least 500 words, but will try not to go over 1,000.

I am, historically, a massive advocate for extended writing partnerships. I can write with one other partner (coughMaxcough) and no one else for a year and get as much, if not more, enjoyment as when I am writing with multiple partners. I love watching a relationship evolve through multiple threads, and prefer to seek writing partners with a similar preference for role play. That’s not to say that I won’t engage with one-offs, but I will always seek a longer term arrangement.

Narrative Consent and Preferences
Please understand the use of the symbols I use below like this:
✅ Enthusiastic consent; bring it on.
⚠️ Requires prior discussion; uncertain.
🛑 Hard line; do not include unless I give you explicit permissions.
Relationships: Sex and Romance
Sex and romance are a natural part of life, and my characters are no different. I, the writer, am female, but I prefer writing male characters, and I prefer writing male/male partnerships. That said, I consider all of my characters to be pansexual (unless there is a justifiable reason why they should be a particular sexuality) and welcome any union with the right character and writing partner.

In terms of actual content, I am happy to ‘fade’ sex, describe in minimal detail, or be more explicit. I have difficulties engaging in extremely explicit content... and will prefer to have a quick chat around why that level of detail benefits the story for our characters. Personally, I prefer writing through emotions and flowery descriptions of sexual relations, rather than all-out “penis enters vagina” descriptions. But I’m not all out opposed to more graphic content.
Romance, Romantic Relationships
⚠️ PC/NPc Relations

✅Between PCs
Sex, Sexual Encounters
⚠️Between PCs and NPCs
✅Between PCs
✅Fade to Black
✅Explicit

Combat: Horror, Gore, and Violence
I have no real problem with combat in general. However it is worth noting that I don’t always find it particularly interesting. I struggle to process what has actually happened, so please don’t be offended if I come to you and ask “...so... where’s the gun? What’s happened to Jimmy?”

The same applies to magic. I enjoy magic and love this particular system - but I exclusively play passives, so have not made a significant effort to learn about all of the intricacies, unless I am encountering a specific type. I learn as I go. So bear with me!
✅ Blood
✅ Body Parts
✅ Bodily Fluids
✅ Combat and Injury
✅ Gore
✅ Harm to Animals
✅ Harm to Children
⚠️ [Justifiable] Unplanned Character Death
✅ Rats
✅ Spiders
✅ Torture

Triggers
As a general rule, I am not opposed to much, and enjoy challenging myself as a writer by experiencing new and emotive situations with my characters. If it’s relevant to a plot line, I’m probably going to say “crack on” to most suggestions.
✅ Abuse: Emotional, Mental, or Physical
⚠️ Cancer / Stroke / Progressive Illness
✅ Claustrophobia
✅ Disease
⚠️ Drugs, Drug Use
🛑 Non-Consensual / Covert Drugs Use
✅ Freezing to Death
✅ Gaslighting
⚠️ Genocide
✅ Homophobia
✅ Natural disasters
✅ Paralysis / Physical Restraint
✅ Police, police aggression
⚠️ Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, or abortion
✅ Racism
✅ Severe Weather
✅ Sexism
✅ Sexual Assault, Rape
⚠️ Specific Cultural Issues
✅ Starvation
⚠️ Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts
✅ Self-Harm
⚠️ Mental Heath Conditions

Hard Limits
I have something called Schizoaffective Disorder. This means psychosis is a very real (haha) part of my daily life: at times I struggle to distinguish delusions from reality. I’m not asking for sympathy, but it’s important that you know this, at least, so you understand more about my limits:
  • 🛑 Non-consensual/covert substance abuse (another character secretly drugging them etc.)
  • 🛑 Having my characters lose control of their minds (and grip on reality) through magic or other means.
Writing, for me, is part of the therapeutic process. I have come to understand more about myself, so the actual content is not a hard limit. I choose to write about both of these topics with many of my characters, but it is entirely on my terms and I am in control of how much I want to write, the content of what I write, and the consequences drug/alcohol use has on my characters. In some ways, I welcome the challenge of writing on these topics, if appropriate and well-managed. However the fact that I introduce such themes myself should not be construed as an invitation for a writing partner to do the same.

My hard limit is, in short, another player introducing either of these two limits without prior warning or discussion with me.

If you have any questions about this limit, or even just have curiosity about what this sort of mental illness is like, I am not shy about discussing it further. On the contrary, I welcome the opportunity to advocate and educate on the subject(s).

Tags:

Return to “Writer Profiles”

• Information