[Writer Profile] Rillani

Get to Know our Writers
All out-of-character Writer Profiles can be found here, which contain information about our writers, their characters their habits, and their personal preferences.

rillani
Topics: 2
Race: Writer
: Secret Necromancer
Writer: it's rill
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:16 pm

Biographic Information
Hi, I'm rill!

I played old Thorns for years, and fell in love with the setting and characters. I was an admin before the 2011 downtime. Right before Thorns went down, I sensed the impending doom. I backed up the forum to my computer, then got a webcrawler and grabbed every page off the wiki and old-old forum. For a brief period from 2011-2013, I hosted a janky copy of Thorns on a new site. I was in a demanding school program at the time, and my web skills weren't quite up to the task.... ha ha ha *twitch* Stressful times, but I did it, sort of. Anyway, it's still up as an archive. Apparently it was helpful to Tif and co.! Yay! I'm glad Thorns is alive again and not just collecting dust (and costing me $$ while collecting dust... I sometimes doubted my sanity when the bills came in, I'll admit XD). The things we do for love...

Non-Thorns things: I make an animated webcomic, Nwain: The Knight Who Wandered Dream, and I write for Avendar MUD, a real-time roleplaying text game.

Cast of Characters
Abeline Ixbridge - healer, total nerd

Writing Habits and Expectations
TBD - Since I have other projects going on, I'm not positive how much time I can carve out for Thorns. We'll see!

Please understand the use of the symbols I use below like this:
✅ Enthusiastic consent; bring it on.
⚠️ Okay if veiled or offstage; might be okay onstage but requires discussion ahead of time; uncertain.
🛑 Hard line; do not include unless I give you explicit permissions.
Narrative Consent and Preferences
Relationships: Sex and Romance
I'm looking to avoid getting intimately involved with NPCs. I'd rather 👀❤ with PCs. It's fine if other PCs are lovey-dovey with NPCs in the same thread. I have no aversion to it, just don't want it for myself this go around.
Romance, Romantic Relationships
🛑Between PCs and NPCs

✅Between PCs
Sex, Sexual Encounters
🛑Between PCs and NPCs
✅Between PCs
✅Fade to Black
⚠️Explicit

Combat: Horror, Gore, and Violence
Please bring Abe awful injuries so she can heal them! That said, notify me of 3-page long detailed descriptions of excessive grossness so I can read on an empty stomach.

✅ Blood
✅Body Parts
✅Bodily Fluids
✅Combat and Injury
⚠️Gore
✅Harm to Animals
⚠️Harm to Children
⚠️ Harm to Seniors
✅ Rats
✅ Spiders
✅Torture

Triggers
Please list any and all triggers that are important for you to avoid in order to have an enjoyable role playing experience. Unfortunately, given the nature of the political and social structures in place in the Six Kingdoms of Vita, please keep in mind it is rather difficult to fully escape such things as racism, sexism, and the occasional bit of homophobia, but if those are triggers for you, please list that you would like to limit interactions with major plot lines or player-led plots dealing directly with these things.

Note: Below are just examples. Please feel free to write in your own and/or delete ones that you don't think at all matter to you or will come up as an issue. Thank you.

✅ Most Things
⚠️Ageism/Senior Abuse
🛑Sexual assault, Rape

Hard Limits
Ageism: In real life, I am a caretaker for my aging mother, who I love very much. Ageism hurts her and makes me mad. A warning beforehand is appreciated.

Rape: I hate it!! Even fictional rape. I can't stand it! I get REALLY mad about it. I seriously hulk out. I will NOT read any explicit rape thread. Please do not spring one on me. I do not want to throw things at my monitor. My monitor is innocent.

That said, I'll be happy to have Abe help survivors after an incident. Not during!!!

Return to “Writer Profiles”

• Information