[Writer Profile] Mochi

Get to Know our Writers
All out-of-character Writer Profiles can be found here, which contain information about our writers, their characters their habits, and their personal preferences.

Mochi
Topics: 6
Race: Writer
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Biographic Information
My name is Mochi! You can also call me Momo. I used to be on Thorns way, way back in Ye Olden Days and only recently discovered that it was still going. I’m 31, and I live in a small town in Ontario, Canada with my family and my dogs. I use she/her pronouns.

Cast of Characters

Main Characters

Antranig Borna - A tall, soft Gioran expat living in Brunnhold with his young son selling and finding rare books.

Sebastian Morgenstern - A very good boy that loves machines and birds. Works as a mechanic in Old Rose.

Matty Morvay - A selfish and vain wick on the run from a brothel and looking to start a new life with his partner.

Georgianna Morgenstern - Fraternal twin sister of Baz Morgenstern, an art student and political activist splitting her time between Vienda and Brunnhold.

Cassidy Elwes - A former prize fighter turned baker making bread and feeding the hungry in Old Rose.

Emilio Sanguini - An author in Vienda, writing trashy novels under an assumed name and living his best life.

Nico Belacqua - A very angry criminal and rugby player living in Vienda and hating every moment of it.

Secondary Characters

Prof. Sam Morgenstern - Professor of Intermediate Engineering at Brunnhold Academy. Father of Sebastian and Georgianna Morgenstern.

Writing Habits and Expectations
I’m still getting back into the swing of things, so I’m not sure what I can promise in terms of length or frequency. Back in the day, I was a very quick poster, but I also didn’t have much of a life, so it remains to be seen what I can swing these days. I tend to focus more on character action and dialogue than exposition and scene-setting and usually manage... I suppose medium-length posts. I am easily distracted, and kind of forgetful, so if I owe you anything and it’s been a while, please don’t hesitate to give me a kick in the pants via Discord.

Narrative Consent and Preferences
Please understand the use of the symbols I use below like this:
✅ Enthusiastic consent; bring it on.
⚠️ Okay if veiled or offstage; might be okay onstage but requires discussion ahead of time; uncertain.
🛑 Hard line; do not include unless I give you explicit permissions.
Mature+ Status
I would be fine with being in the Mature+ group on my writer account. Currently none of my characters have a reason to be in there, though.
Relationships: Sex and Romance
I really enjoy building relationships with my characters and would be down for any situation that shoves my children in new places. As for romantic relationships, I prefer they be between player characters and not NPCs. Sex is currently a grey area. I am well-versed in the writing of erotica, but writing it post-by-post in a public forum is not quite something I've got the confidence to do yet.
Romance, Romantic Relationships
⚠️Between PCs and NPCs

✅Between PCs
Sex, Sexual Encounters
⚠️Between PCs and NPCs
✅Between PCs
✅Fade to Black
✅Explicit

Combat: Horror, Gore, and Violence

✅ Blood
⚠️Body Parts
⚠️Bodily Fluids
✅Combat and Injury
⚠️Gore
🛑Harm to Animals
🛑Harm to Children
✅ Rats
⚠️ Spiders
⚠️Torture

Triggers

🛑 Abuse: Emotional, Mental, or Physical
✅Cancer
✅Claustrophobia
✅Disease
✅Drugs, Drug Use
✅Freezing to Death
🛑Gaslighting
✅Genocide
✅Heatstroke
⚠️Homophobia
✅Natural disasters
⚠️Paralysis/physical restraint
✅Police, police aggression
⚠️Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, or abortion
⚠️Racism
✅Self-harm
✅Severe weather
⚠️Sexism
🛑Sexual assault, Rape
⚠️Specific cultural issues
✅ Starvation
⚠️Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts

Hard Limits
Honestly I’m pretty open to a lot of things. Anything marked with caution is something I would prefer to discuss first before jumping into it. I am actually afraid of spiders in real life and I also don’t like graphic depictions of any eye- or teeth-based violence. Abuse of any kind hits a bit close to home and I would prefer not to partake but like everything else I’m open to discussion and may be willing to write those on a specific case-by-case basis.

Return to “Writer Profiles”

• Information