[Writer Profile] Wren

Get to Know our Writers
All out-of-character Writer Profiles can be found here, which contain information about our writers, their characters their habits, and their personal preferences.

Wren
Topics: 1
Race: Writer
: gay cyborg girl (she/they)
Writer Profile: Wren

Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Biographic Information
Hi! My name is Bailey Wren, but I generally just go by Wren. I'm 26, turning 27 in March 2021. I was born in the deep south in Louisiana, moved to New York at 22, and now I'm kicking it in Richmond, VA, where my girlfriend is in school. By trade, I've been in veterinary medicine for around seven years, but I've recently taken a break and I'm mostly working grocery store jobs while I figure out what I wanna do with my life. I love to read, and have recently began writing again. I love walking my dog, Frances, around the city, and I also like mild exercise and I'm weirdly into cleaning as a hobby. Also obsessed with skincare and keeping my hair as short as a fuse.

My pronouns are she/her or they/them,

Cast of Characters
Elspeth - A galdori gardener; she's quiet, observant, and slightly hot-headed. She is small and cute and Very Gay. She likes most people, unless you cross her, or treat her or those she cares for poorly, then she can turn feisty. Has a spiritual connection with plants.
Writing Habits and Expectations
I'm not entirely sure, but I tend to be rather involved with any writing I'm doing, so I hope to be writing and posting quite frequently. I'll be active especially on the Discord - the community has really wow'd me with how welcoming and supportive they've been. Definitely an incentive to stick around for a while.

I can be a pretty wordy writer, and I do love my run-on sentences. But I'm a big believer in not forcing something, especially not for the sake of word counts, so it's totally possible that some of my replies could be on the shorter side. My general rule is at least three paragraphs.

Narrative Consent and Preferences
Please understand the use of the symbols I use below like this:
✅ Enthusiastic consent; bring it on.
⚠️ Okay if veiled or offstage; might be okay onstage but requires discussion ahead of time; uncertain.
🛑 Hard line; do not include unless I give you explicit permissions.
Mature+ Status
I'm relatively fine with most "mature" content, although I do have a few boundaries, outlined below.
Relationships: Sex and Romance
I don't have a ton of experience writing sex or romance scenes, but it's something I'm open to, if it happens organically. Although I will say, I'm very gay, and most of my characters tend to also be femme and also gay, so I doubt I'll be interested in writing any hetero sex scenes.
Romance, Romantic Relationships
✅Between PCs and NPCs

✅Between PCs
Sex, Sexual Encounters
✅Between PCs and NPCs
✅Between PCs
✅Fade to Black
✅Explicit

Combat: Horror, Gore, and Violence
I love horror as a genre, and gore and violence generally don't bother me, EXCEPT head gore of any kind. This includes anything with noses, teeth, eyes, skulls, etc. I have some pretty intense intrusive thoughts re: head gore and really is best if I avoid it altogether. And absolutely no rape or sexual assault.

✅ Blood
⚠️Body Parts
⚠️Bodily Fluids
⚠️Combat and Injury
⚠️Gore
⚠️Harm to Animals
🛑Harm to Children
✅ Rats
✅ Spiders
⚠️Torture

Triggers
⚠️ Abuse: Emotional, Mental, or Physical
✅Cancer
✅Claustrophobia
✅Disease
✅Drugs, Drug Use
✅Freezing to Death
⚠️Gaslighting
✅Genocide
✅Heatstroke
⚠️Homophobia
✅Natural disasters
✅Paralysis/physical restraint
⚠️Police, police aggression
⚠️Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, or abortion
⚠️Racism
⚠️Self-harm
✅Severe weather
⚠️Sexism
🛑Sexual assault, Rape
⚠️Specific cultural issues
✅ Starvation
⚠️Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts

Hard Limits
No head gore of any kind, and no sexual assault/rape scenes. Otherwise I'm an open book, as long as things are discussed previously.

Tags:

Return to “Writer Profiles”

• Information