The Great Unknown[OPEN]

Ahh, life questions.

Open for Play
Anaxas' main trade port; it is also the nation's criminal headquarters, home to the Bad Brothers and Silas Hawke, King of the Underworld. The small town of Plugit is nearby.

Xonia
Topics: 8
Race: Galdor
: Xonia the Nomad
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Kimmie
Post Templates: Post Templates

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Dentis 21, 2718
How long had it been since Lorent died?

Xonia had lost count of the days since she had lit the pyre near the bank of a river and watched it engulf the body she could not and would not just leave for the animals. She did not leave him until he became ashes in the wind, the smell of burnt flesh haunting her ever since. She was lost without her guardian; she had never felt so very alone in the world. It was hard enough to have no clue as to who she was and where she came from, but to be so very discombobulated as to where she was going made it that much harder. It wasn’t fair.

Laurent was the only man she had in her life… Like a father… and he’d done his very best to make sure she was alright. He’d found her when she was a child and she had too many blurred memories tucked away somewhere in her someone broken mind. The man had never treated her badly, never made her think she was stupid because of her old injury. He had been her protector for almost a decade without asking for anything in return.

He always told her about her origins starting from the moment he’d taken her under his wing, that he found her half dead with a wound upon her head she could very well have died from. She’d lived and flourished because of his care, and she’d loved him as a daughter would. His absence was felt quite deeply… No, it was not fair at all,

She was nothing but a vagabond traversing the wilds blindly for a time, barely acknowledging her loss because she had no time to cry or linger over him. The girl had to move on, and move on she did.

The days blurred one into the next: sleep, wake, eat, walk, rest and repeat. There was only the sun and the moon telling her the time, and a compass that was useless for the moment since she did not even know where she was. It could have been maddening if she had let it be so. She had doggedly kept moving unless necessity dictated, and found herself just outside of a city that was quite unfamiliar to her.

The indecision to walk into the city was rampant, warning bells ringing through her thoughts as she debated internally. Fuck, but it was hard to choose without the voice of reason that was Lorent. In the end, however, she did go forward and she did enter into the city after pulling her hood up and tilting her head downward.

Gemlike eyes would cast a dubious stare every now and then, and she was careful not to bump into any of the people milling about. There were women who were dressed garishly and she felt her cheeks flush at the sight of half bared bosoms… She’d skirt around them and ignore offers for a good time. Sorry ladies, she thought with some amusement, you are not my type…

It wasn’t until she found herself staring at the façade of an establishment that she paused in her meandering. A tavern, if the sound of uproarious laughter had anything to say about it. That and there was a man who seemed to have passed out right outside of the building. Xonia thought of pilfering from the man but decided against it for the fact that it wasn’t cool to steal from the unconscious… She wasn’t a barbarian even if she seemed to have stumbled upon a rather shabby town with lots of unsavory characters to be had.

She simply walked on by and entered the establishment, flinching as something crashed against the wall to the left of her. The nomad would not dare look over her shoulder. She’d move to the bar to sit on a crate, keeping the hood over her head to keep her face in the shadows within the confines. Meager coin lined her pocket, fished out and presented to the man behind the bar with her request, “Clever Fellow.” It was the only alcohol she had ever tasted and she would stick to it.

The young woman then started to question her universe. What will I do now? Do I continue my journey without asking questions, or should I find out who I am, if at all possible? Countless questions swirled through her thoughts until the drink was paid for and in hand. She nodded in thanks.

I guess I had better get my shit together and figure out what my next step is.

She took a sip.

Tags:
Leander
Topics: 16
Race: Passive
Writer: Dizzy

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:14 pm

The Black Dove was rather empty, aside from the two seated at the bar, conversing over the recent happenings of the city. They looked like travellers, perhaps noblemen or something that did not belong in such a place. Old Rose Harbour was dirty and dank, and the pair looked far too clean for it; their clothing too sumptuous, their posture too proper, and their tones too judgmental. “You saw the woman after we left the docks?” The taller one asked, hushed suddenly, leaning in toward his comrade as if to confide. The other did not turn to face him, but cocked a brow, uninterested, “What, by the old chapel?” He responded, tilting back his head to guzzle down the last of his drink.

Yeah, just down the street.” His friend was a bit fidgety, uncomfortable with the subject matter. “Same whore we saw that other day, drenched and looking every bit a drowned rat.” Well, the rain hadn’t ceased for days, it had been rare to find someone who wasn’t looking like they’d just walked straight out of the harbour. The man continued, “Doesn’t surprise me… this city’s crawling with maggots and criminals…” Words dripping with disdain, he spat into the glass, then tapped the counter, beckoning for the waiter with a pudgy finger. Maggots. That was what they were, wasn’t it? A plight on the earth, worthless, brainless, only alive to bring chaos.

A couple of seats down, a lone figure lay slumped against the countertop. Head rested on an outstretched arm, right hand loosely gripping the empty glass seated atop the bar. His frame was scanty and, at first sight, one might assume he was barely old enough to be downing drinks the way he was due to his lack of height and young features. Not that the Black Dove would care. His hair, a few inches long, fell about his face and over his arms in a tangled mess and he sat statuesque, shoulder sagging, face down. He would seem asleep if he had not stirred as the bartender passed, raising his head just enough to murmur for another, tipping his glass to show him that it was empty. Then, he put his head back down, surrendering to a passive state of existence, contemplating, listening.

Another group seated at a table across the room spoke in hushed voices, but they were loud to him. Whispers filled the room with a static hum like a swarm of flies. It stung his sensitive ears, which he knew was due to his drunken state. Slowly, he raised his head, peering at the variety of bottles behind the countertop. Closing his eyes, he shifted to a more upright position, then lifted his arm so that his elbow rested on the bar and his hand covered his eyes. He could feel the heat from behind them. A subtle scent of blood still clung to his palm, and he instinctively withdrew it, resting the hand in his lap as he downed the alcohol, welcoming the warm sensation that it brought to his abdomen.

The door opened, someone entered and sat two seats away from him. A woman’s voice, asking for a drink. He clenched his jaw, as the girl was served, and the young forger pushed himself up to lean over the bar and grasp the neck of one of the liquor bottles, lifting it and pouring it into his empty glass. “Try som’ing stronger next time,” his words were slurred as he lifted the glass to the light and swilled it around, contemplating. The slurring wasn’t really a concern, but the slipping of grammar was abhorrent to Leo… he prided himself on not sounding like the scum those men were describing. But he was too drunk to care. “If yer gonna drink… else it ain’t worth it.

Last edited by Leander on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xonia

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Dentis 21, 2718
The sound of a drunken man’s voice came to her ear like a sour note. It was a rare occurrence for her to encounter such a person who wasn’t already passed out… Lorent and she tended to avoid people in the past and now she understood why. Xonia did not look over at him, though her eyes did roll heavenward for a moment as she measured her words carefully in her mind. It almost seemed as if she ignored the man, but she finally said in truthful fashion, “I do not drink to forget. I merely want to taste something that comforts me, and this is it.” She gave a long pause before finally glancing over at him, her eyes hooded.

“Besides,” she continued after a long sip, “I would have my wits about me when I leave.” And that was that. The woman had a gentle voice that might seem quite out of place in such a local as Old Rose Harbor. She was most certainly an outsider coming in to a bad place because that was just how it was when one didn’t know which way to go. Lucky for her, her disorientation was in the directional sense as opposed to intoxication. The one serving of beer would be enough for her.

What use was there to being so drunk as to be wobbly? It was a rather silly concept to her for any person to drink so much that they make complete fools of themselves and possibly forgot about it, if Lorent’s stories had been true at all. He had explained that drinking was fun, but drinking to excess was stupid and she was not stupid at all. Besides, she thought, the town was crawling with unsavory characters and she truly opposed to getting into some kind of confrontation with any men (or women) who would have a great advantage over her.

The blonde was bothered by the thought of being dragged off somewhere and accosted and the taste of the beer went foul in her mouth. She looked down into the mug, and felt stupid for wasting what little money she had to her name on the drink; it was going to be a long time before she saw that which she flushed just then. Damn.

Her hand pressed to her face, even covered her eyes. What was she to do? The future seemed pretty bleak at that moment… No money, very little combat experience, no fucking memory, and no guardian. What was she doing sitting in a run down tavern in a ramshackle town? Damn it, Lorent, why did you have to die, old man? Her lips tightened and she pushed the barely empty mug an inch or so away from her as if it offended her.

No. No, Xonia, get your shit together right now. She gritted her teeth and dropped the hand from her face, forcing her expression back into a neutral one. The last thing she wanted to do in a place like this was to show weakness. Should she stand up and leave? Should she ignore the world around her and try not to think of her major predicament? The choices around her were a bit overwhelming.

She could feel the sharp pain in the back of her head that came with similar situations, so she snatched her drink up and took a long swallow, only to find the taste was even more sour than before. “Too sour,” she muttered, “Sour, sour…” Kerthunksplash…

The mug fell from her grasp and the contents spilled over the weathered surface of the bar while she sat there… staring for several minutes without even noticing the world around her.
Leander

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:56 pm

"Who ever sai’ anything about drinkin’ to forget?” the teen passive retorted after he swallowed the mouthful he had been swilling around in his mouth, savouring the taste. “Bu’ if it’s about seeking comfort, I doub’ yer’ll find it in there. Bi’ hippy… hippo… hypocry-tal ter be judgin’ me with tha’ face when yer got no better reason to drink yer drink.” If Leo were a betting man - which he was - he would have put good money on her turning out to be a member of the galdori race. Only those stuck-up pricks could stand in a dive like this and pretend they were still more righteous despite it.

Oi, Leo, feck off with your wondering hands,” the bartender admonished as he noticed what the wayward forger had done. “You’re gonna pay double if you don’t put that back now.” The drunken punter waved his hand, utterly unconcerned with the situation. “If yer not fast enough, wha’ d’yah expect me t’do, man?” But he reached into his pocket anyway and fished some coins out… overpaying or underpaying, he didn’t really care.

Are yeh expecting t'be attacked the minute you leave this fine esta’lishment?” he asked next as he turned to examine the woman. She clearly wasn’t from around here, and most likely shared the same opinions as the men at the other end of the bar. They thought this place was lawless, and it was, but only by societal standards. Hawke wasn’t a crazed anarchist who reigned over a city of blind violence. Otherwise there would be no one left to rule over. At least, that’s what Leander thought of the megalomaniac. All galdori were the same, after all. They needed subjects to make them feel powerful. “All ev’dence to the contrary, we’re not all drunk’d monsters.

As if to illustrate his point, the boy smiled, though it probably appeared more like a leer to her. Realising this, the smile disappeared and he dropped his gaze, as if admitting a great weakness. He turned back to the drink in hand. This was why he preferred to be alone - at least then he didn’t have to put up with the wilful doctrine that anyone who was different was somehow wrong.

Taking another swig of his own drink, he paid no mind to the mutterings from the girl beside him, deciding she wasn’t worth any more of his time. The crash of glass breaking on the floor. Cool beer hit the bottom of his leg, soaking the edges of his trousers and hitting his skin. Leo cast his gaze downwards to stare at the damage. “Looks like yer’ve already had enough,” he quipped mildly as he returned to his drink.

Last edited by Leander on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xonia

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Dentis 21, 2718
Who did he think he was; slumped over all drunk and shit, talking about her judging him like she was some rude asshole? Her teeth clicked before she glanced toward him coolly. “Who are you talking to? It wasn’t me. I never said that I cared enough to judge you… I just wanted to drink my drink and be gone and it has absolutely nothing to do with you and your sore vanity,” she laughed the laugh of the unamused. Her eyes widened a little as he kept flapping his gums like she was invading his personal space merely by sitting there, simply wanting to stew in her own juices for a time. The more he yammered, the narrower her eyes became. They were but slits in the shadow beneath her hood as she let him blow all that hot air out to her.

Finally, she turned her head to look at him with that scary look that only women seemed to know how to master, warning him off of his soap box. “Do I even know you? Did I… look at you cross eyed? Did I break wind and forget to excuse myself? Did I do something to really offend you? I will say it again so that you would, perhaps, understand what I am telling you. We,” she gestured, “have not even exchanged names. I know nothing about you. Nothing. I am not interested in your blathering. Seriously… You are certainly a vain one to think I’ve been putting you down since you started talking to me. Or do you just assume that my silence is judgment upon you? How arrogant of you to know what my thoughts are; I suppose that means you can read my mind? If that is the case, I’d like you to tell me what I must be thinking right now.”

She wouldn’t even remember having such a conversation… For what was several minutes for him, it was a split second for her. She looked down into her lap where cold liquid seeped into her clothing, and a tipped over mug lay crookedly and in pieces on the floor in a puddle. “Shit,” she hissed at herself. Her eyes blinked rapidly for a moment as she willed herself to stop seeing double.

It’d happened again… Time had been snatched from her. That knowledge caused her to palm her forehead and take in a few deep breaths. She stood and shuddered as she felt the droplets slither down her legs in cold paths. Without thinking, she raked her fingers through her hair, which caused the hood to fall back enough so he could get a better look at her face, though obviously not with that intent. Xonia looked at… or rather through… him. There was nothing about her expression that remotely matched what his thoughts were about her… It was more of a faraway and exhausted look, as if she was clamping down really hard at some inner turmoil, which she was.

She had to leave, her brain slowly reasoned. Yes… She would have to walk out and start heading back to where it was more familiar for her. That thought brought comfort to her, gave her reason to just pause and breathe, and try not to think of the forgetfulness. Lorent would have known what to do… but he was…

The stranger’s face came into focus, and then she remembered the first part of his rant, but not that she had already answered… So she asked with a raised eyebrow, “Why are you bothering me with this… stuff? I don’t even know your name. I judge nobody. How kind of you to imagine such a revolting part of my character. I am just sitting here trying to enjoy some tiny measure of comfort and keeping to myself, and you are making a fuss. Over… absolutely nothing. It’s very arrogant, you know? And rude. And ignorant. You do not know my feelings or what I am even thinking about, and here you are just talk, talk, talking away as if I’d actually done something to warrant such measures.”
Leander

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Ten Gods, she was off. Leander’s eyes widened as the tirade began, momentarily shocked by the vivacious spirit, suddenly appearing from nowhere. Her expression was one of utter disgust, seemingly reserved for women of all races. Leo didn’t know if it was something mothers taught their daughters, or if it was something they were born just knowing how to do. They had a unique power stored within their facial arsenal, one that seemed, in many ways, more powerful than even mona-given powers. They could catch you and hold you there, their eyes penetrating, wonderful and terrible all at once. “Of course, sweetheart.” He scoffed, dismissing her loquacious complaints about his behaviour with two short words.

And it didn’t stop. It was a claim for the moral high ground - the unwavering belief in her staunch assertion that she was somehow in the right. But she had been the one to shoot him down when all he did was try to make conversation. This was her fault, and she still insisted that he was to blame? Definitely galdori. Fucken…

She stopped. She drifted. It was a thousand yard stare as she took in the alcohol on the floor, soaking the shards of glass. She looked at herself, a look on her face confused as if surprised to find herself here, or surprised to be still standing… surprised to be… what? She looked up, towards Leo, but she was looking through him, not at him. The stark change in her was more sobering to the young forger than any other threat he had faced in the Harbour.

Are you-” Again she shifted, expression cold and as determined as it had been mere minutes ago. If anything, her voice was more angry, more hysterical, than it had been. She was repeating herself, as if she had forgotten what she had just been saying. All the words… well he completely disagreed with them. She was wrong. She was spiteful. She was proud. She was disoriented.

Did she even realise?

The thought of questioning her more didn’t even cross his mind. Something was clearly wrong (beyond the outrageous accusations that he was somehow worthy of such vitriol). An illness of the mind, not that that excused her insults in the slightest. But the years in Old Rose Harbour had taught him many things, the foremost being to look out for number one. Not that he dallied with danger every time he walked out of his door… but the world had not been kind, and those he loved and trusted had betrayed him for being lesser. His blood had abandoned him for something he couldn’t help. It was the fault of his kin, not of the people of Ol’ Rose, for who he had become.

The social shift Leander had gone through - to a deep-rooted sense of disconnected autonomy - meant that, when faced with something so broken directly in front of him, he still didn’t care enough. Whatever was going on here, with this stranger, was ridiculous. “Alright, love,” Leander repeated, just as she had repeated her own ranting. Her problems weren’t his business.

Xonia

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Dentis 21, 2718
Surprise etched across her features when he shot the infamous line that men said to let a woman think she was right just to get her off of his back. She stared at him in bewilderment and murmured, “You… Are an ass.” With that, she pivoted and started for the door. Why did guys do that? She knew that trick because Lorent often did so when he wasn’t actually listening to her. It annoyed her to no end. Start griping about her being some kind of way she wasn’t, and then making it seem like she was the one who had absolutely no reason to be mad. She’d just been honest with him… it wasn’t even a “Hey, don’t talk to me,” moment, it was just her being deep in thought at the time of his questions.

Xonia paused and turned to look at him once more, genuine confusion written on features that should have still been in the shadows. “Who does that? Who just randomly strikes up a conversation and flips out on someone for just being honest? Who up and assumes the worst in somebody just upon glance? Either you wish to talk to me, or you don’t. I didn’t start the conversation, you did. I leave you to your… ‘yes loves,’ or… whatever it is you are doing… Good day, sir.” She shook her head, turned away, turned back as if to make another point and then shook her head again.

Then she was walking out the door as if nothing out of the ordinary just happened. Inside, she was vastly annoyed with herself, and it didn’t help to have some… man acting the part of a braying ass in his drunken state… telling her off for being judgmental. What a peculiar man he was… or rather… boy? She pondered this because he looked as young as she was and she wasn’t even sure how old she was. The nerve of that guy, she thought indignantly.

Once outside, she realized that her hood needed to be pulled back up, so she did that and ducked her head, debating on whether she should just skip town and find someplace less… noisy? Rowdy? Somewhere where he wasn’t sitting and staring like she had two heads. It really was a shame, too, she thought, because he wasn’t hard to look at… Not that she had ever thought of such fripperies before.

She took in a breath and looked up to the sky. What was she doing? She inwardly groaned at herself for her stupidity. Why did she care that he was being weird? She’d… walk back in and not even acknowledge him… That’d show him, right? Right.

The girl lifted her chin in defiance as she re-entered and moved back to her abandoned seat. “Another round please… And some extra money for the mug… I seemed to have broken.” She jerked the hood back and that time, her face and hair were revealed. Thick blonde hair rebelling against the braid it was in, a crowning glory to her face.

She took the mug and cradled it in both of her hands, looking down into it with a bone weary feeling. She glanced over to him against her better judgment, and said, “How about I give you a peace offering...? My name is Xonia.” She extended a hand in his direction. If he took it, she squeezed his hand, if not, she let hers fall to her side. She knew that he was drunk, that he was just saying whatever came to his mind because he was inebriated. That was all. She didn’t pretend to understand why people wished to drink in such a way, but it wasn’t her business what he did. He probably didn’t even mean to piss her off. Not that she was amused, still, but she was not an asshole and she wasn’t going to treat him any different than she treated anybody else.

The truth was, she was indifferent. She was used to being with one person alone and he was no longer alive. There was nothing worse than feeling so very alone as she did right at that moment… but it wasn’t that other man’s fault that she seemed standoffish. Perhaps she didn’t even realize how her tone seemed to him. She continued to stare down into her drink for a long moment, then she tilted the mug and drained the mug almost halfway.
Leander

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:12 am

An ‘ass’... it was difficult to be offended when he thought similarly of the woman across from him. He raised a brow but said nothing, a theme which continued when the woman continued her tirade, trying to find fault in everything about his part in this conversation whilst categorically ignoring her own faux pas. This was why Leander often didn’t bother seeking conversation when he came to drink, and why he certainly didn’t make the effort to start a dialogue with anyone. Very rarely did he ever find someone he actually wanted to talk to.

Just as he was considering downing the rest of his drink and taking his custom elsewhere for the rest of the day, the girl made her own swift departure with a curt good day. The forger crossed a leg over the other as he leaned on the bar, twisting his body to watch the woman retreat. He could even see the end of the rod between her legs as she walked away. Biting back his snort, Leander shook his head as he turned away.

Barely with any time to enjoy the peace, the edge of the glass touched Leander’s lips before the door opened and the space next to him was occupied once more. Breathing out a sigh, the young man turned towards the familiar voice, a smile plastered across his face. Maybe she had already forgotten their conversation, maybe she had forgotten even entering the drinking establishment. What an odd situation, Leo considered, to have such a short term memory that one could eventually enter a pub and not realise why they were already drunk.

But she did remember him, and being here before. Maybe Leo was wrong in his initial impression of her... though if memory loss didn’t explain the strange behaviour earlier, he didn’t know what did. “Xonia, huh?” he asked, extending his hand and slipping it in to shake, his grip matching her own. His voice didn’t slur as much as it had been when they first met - the woman’s momentarily lapse still enough of a sobering moment, “Leander.” Not that he wanted a peace offering from this woman. Ideally, she would leave him alone.

Xonia

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm

She was just going to purposely forget that he freaked out for absolutely no reason. Indeed, it baffled her how she was being judgmental when she was simply stating she didn’t want to drink something strong… Then again, maybe she could explain herself because he clearly thought she had done something wrong. She thought about this for a minute after they’d shaken hands and was quiet for several minutes before she said, not looking at him, “I don’t drink to forget, ever… it isn’t because of how others drink. I truly meant no… no offense,” she took a breath and then shifted upon the crates to face him.

“I am not accustomed to heavy drink… I cannot afford to be drunk when I need to be alert in the forest. I cannot afford to forget any more than I already do and have, especially now that I am… now that my…” Her voice cracked… She shook her head and looked into her drink, “I am not meaning to tell you my problems, so I won’t. I just wanted to try and explain is all… Fuck, it probably makes no sense to you or anyone else either way… I am sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk, it wasn’t intentional.”

She turned back to her drink and looked down into it, not saying anything after her explanation. There was a lot of stuff to think about. She was tired, her heart sore, and she wasn’t trying to make trouble where there wasn’t any. It was very frustrating to be in her position… everything was so awkward around people she didn’t know. There she was, sitting with a wet spot still on her lap and no memory of dropping the damn mug, and some guy telling her she did something she didn’t know she did. Xonia wanted to cry.

Her hand pushed her beer back a little bit so she had room to cross her arms and put her head on her forearms. What in the hell was she going to do? She didn’t even know which direction to go from that point. She DID know that she needed very much to find a way to make the money to buy a horse, and thievery wasn’t going to be her mode unless she had no choice in the matter. She needed to get a few more changes of clothing and a map, a horse and saddle bags, and she needed to start gathering her thoughts about questions to ask.

Leander

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:13 am

"A pology accepted,” the forger replied primely as he took his hand back. He couldn’t say he particularly cared about her life story, or the reasons behind why she did what he did. Ironically, it was normally the drunk people who were more engaging, more willing to share that which Leander had not asked for. Yet here she was, a woman clinging onto her pride in being sober, sharing thing with a complete stranger… things that, were Leo a lesser man, he could use to his advantage. There were a great number of lesser men in Old Rose Harbour.

But she had admitted to being forgetful, so what he thought he had seen was not nothing. It was mildly fascinating, actually. A small part of him wanted to question her on it, if only to understand more about the memory loss. He’d never seen it before… just how damaged was this creature beside him? From her words, she was used to a very… minimalist lifestyle, surviving but not living. Leander maintained she must be a galdor (there was too much about her that he didn’t like for her to be anything else), but what galdor lived like this woman was implying? Fascinating.

But it seemed she was here to stay, for now. Leo could have left. He considered it again, but why should he leave? “S’good thing you’re not in the forest anymore then, isn’t it?” The boy quipped, smirking as he picked up the bottle of liquor, ignoring the complaints of the bartender as he did so, and examined it closely before pouring out another generous helping.

Go away his mind shouted. He ended up saying something similar, in a round-about way. Making friends was not something the passive sought to do, least of all with a stuck-up wretch like this woman, who seemed to thing she was doing him a favour by returning to the bar and making amends. Had she waled away, Leo would have forgotten her before the day was over. “Though can’t say Ol’ Rose is exac’ly much better than the forest. Best skitter off to what yeh know, lassie. Here be monsters, and all tha’ crap.” Laughing mirthlessly, Leander glanced over

The woman looked to be on the verge of tears, which didn’t surprise the unsympathetic passive in the slightest. After the whiplash he had already experienced from her mood swings, Leander doubted he would so much as blink if this Xonia girl jumped onto the bar top and started stripping for all the punters to see. Though not surprised, the tears made Leo uncomfortable. Overt displays of emotion, especially emotions which aired a weakness, were something he worked hard to avoid. This was certainly not how he planned to spend his time.

The boy opened his mouth to say something, but no thoughts came to his mind, and no sounds were formed by his tongue. Luckily, the galdor wasn’t paying any attention to this expert impression of a floundering fish, so wrapped up in her own problems at the moment. Leander shut his mouth, but not before taking another large swig of the strong liquor. He had been enjoying the inebriated stupor he had drank himself into, and sought to find it again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Old Rose Harbor”

• Information