Bastian Town/City Ideas

Development Submissions that are no longer in play, not approved, or abandoned will be archived here.
Fermin
Topics: 6
Race: Writer

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:15 am

I have too many ideas for Bastia, so I figured I'd put down my ideas and see if any of them are of interest. If they are, I can flesh them out and submit them properly. I tried to have the names sound more France/Austria/Greece/Italy inspired? Tweaks/suggestions/ideas appreciated.
LocationsShow
CAROULT
an old city/town located deep in the southwest mountains of Bastia. Ancient temples and lots of museums (art museums, natural museums (flora, animals, etc), whatever else kind of museums??). Mainly (or all, not sure of Bastia's human politics) galdori population, possibly lots of old/aging galdori.

GRAYCROSS FARM
a farm/farmland near the Hessean border run by humans (Graycross family?).

VENILI
small, poor human town, east of Florne near the Anaxi border.

LEIRRES
a big-ass river. If the water that cuts into Bastia from the Cea di Vesta and goes all the way to the mountains isn't named, then it could be that.

VALLARDOBA
an abandoned town on the border of Roannah, now hatcher territory.

SIELAN
the fashion capital of Bastia, located in the mountains just south of Florne. Less of an all-around artsy city and more focused on fashion/style.

TIV
known as a hub for artists of alternative mediums--think more graffiti-esque, colorful, abstract, etc. probably all over the city/town. More laid-back and off the wall than a place like Florne or Sielan, with an emphasis on artistic freedom and whatnot. Located on the Leirres (or whatever the water's actual name is), and maybe used to be a big trade hub between Bastia, Roannah, and Naulanon back in the day if there was such a thing.

UNIVERSITY OF ANASTOU
nicknamed Anastou / Anastou University
just a suggestion for the Bastian university's name since I don't think it has one yet? named after a founder, Zaharias Anastou?

SANCTTEDEM DE HURTE
"Sanctum of Beauty," the biggest temple in Florne and the home of Bastia's religious power (The Archevne?)

CONVOCATION OF THE ARCHEVNE
The innermost section of the Sancttedem de Hurte, where the Archevne is based.

GAEON MOUSENE
An art museum in Caroult, named after the most beautiful planet, Gaeon. Sculptures, paintings, artwork of all kinds from famous Bastian artists.

MOUSENE D'AL ISACOSS
A museum of natural beauty in Caroult, named after the flower Isacoss (red flowers used in dye, primarily found in Bastia). Preserved flora, fauna, etc. from Bastia.

TEMPLE TIGRESSA
A very old church in Caroult, the name is suspected to have come from the old myths of Hurte that inspired the representation as a tiger. It has never been a very active or popular church because of suspected human influence in its creation.
Organizations / GroupsShow
LEIRRES ORCHESTRA
a popular orchestra based in Florne; travels to different Bastian cities and occasionally Anaxas.

THE ARCHEVNE
basically like Bastia's form of the Everine, but possibly more secluded/powerful. Called the Archevne as a whole, or a single Archev. Titles would be something like, "Archev Dismas," and possibly a higher title like "Megas Archev Theoros."

THE GIDARR HURTETH
"The Keepers Of Hurte's Teeth," or the religious followers that care for the temples. Below the Archevne but still well-respected for devoting their lives to the upkeep of the temples. Usually just called the Gidarr, and a single member might be called "Gidarre Ana," or Keeper Ana.

THE CARAMIADA
Bastia's main police force, also called the Caras. Named after the Caramiades, vine-like plants that grow strong and dense, usually found in/around abandoned structures, and are virtually impenetrable and irremovable once they take root.

GEN'DARAME BUND DI BASTIA
or, a fancy name for the Bastian Armed Forces.
FloraShow
GRAND ISACOSS
a red flower, primarily found in Bastia. Used in dyes; very popular due to the color red being very current in Bastia.

CARAMIADES
a vine-like plant that sprouts from the ground without warning. Usually found in and around abandoned structures, and it grows so strong and dense around these structures that it is believed to be impenetrable.
Last edited by Fermin on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raksha
Site Admin
Topics: 65
Race: Storyteller
: Resistance is Futile. Order is life.
Character Sheet: My Office
Post Templates: Post Templates

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:20 am

These are great! I'm totally keen to see these fleshed out!
Muse
Site Admin
Topics: 99
Race: Storyteller
Character Sheet: My Office
Plot Notes: My Manifesto
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Templates for Everyone

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Oohh yes. Thank you. These are fab.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Archived Development Submissions”