Gutter Life (Kit)

Open for Play
Anaxas' main trade port; it is also the nation's criminal headquarters, home to the Bad Brothers and Silas Hawke, King of the Underworld. The small town of Plugit is nearby.

Shae
Topics: 12
Race: Raen
: Too pretty for you
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Maximus
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Vortas 35, 2718 | Afternoon
Old Rose streets
Had they seen brief upset in his eyes there for a moment because they didn't want to touch him? Quite possibly, especially with that sigh, something world-weary in it before he smiled again, the expression laden with apology as he slipped into a more nonchalant posture. They bit their lip, worried that they'd judged him incorrectly before based on his reaction. Maybe they'd just assumed and consequently been blind to more favourable signs. Maybe there'd been more than courteous obligation when he'd offered Shae their arm again.

The lip was wiggled back and forth between their teeth, the raen oddly distraught that they might have offended or upset him. He was possibly the closest thing they had to a friend in the world right now and the last thing they wanted to do was to put distance between them. They needed someone at the moment, they really did and while they'd managed to be a complete mess and communicate all wrong - which wasn't like them at all - they really did appreciate what he was doing, what he had done.

Still, they said nothing as they walked, choosing to mull over words instead, to choose them with care as they observed the little exchange between Kit and the cook play out. It didn't require their input and they wanted to be ready with the right words when the opportunity came. They had to convey just how grateful they were, they had to talk about sleeping arrangements like a level-headed person rather than sounding like a horny beast - they really weren't right now - and work out how to field questions that they felt were inevitable.

They couldn't lie but they could spin the truth and if they couldn't manage that... well, if they asked Kit not to ask about a particular thing, Shae suspected that he'd drop it. They just needed to get their head on straight and not say anything inappropriate this time.

Unfortunately, they had to concentrate on other things, physical things. Dealing with walking and carrying a platter and loading it with food and holding onto the body and thinking... it was all quite a lot. Their tongue protruded slightly from between their lips, an intense look of concentration on their face as they placed various items on the platter, considering what would be good to eat, what was least likely to upset their stomach.

They had plenty of cheese and fruit and some bread, contemplating what the best thing to drink would be. They finally settled on water, smiling their thanks at everyone before following Kit who was very caught up in how his pig was being dispensed, intent on the parts that were being cut and everything. The raen set down their mug, cradling the half-filled plate in the crook of one arm, pressing the edge of it carefully against their chest as they moved close to the galdor. Their newly freed hand moved to lightly touch the man's elbow, tentative and a little rigid as if they expected the man to flinch from them; they actually did think he would.

"Kit? I... I wanted to thank you. I wanted you to know that... I appreciate this. Really. I don't want you to think that I don't," they murmured, fingers curling into the crook of his elbow, squeezing it gently. The smile they offered him was sweet, growing to become radiant as they tried to express some of the warmth they felt towards him, the burning gratitude. And then with the greatest care, they rose up on their toes and placed a feathery kiss on his cheek, feeling the scratch of his beard against soft lips, not wholly unpleasant.

They returned themself to the ground, balance restored, turning away from them with the slightest stir of dizziness as they went to pick up their tankard again. Then they moved to talk to the pig boy, asking him to carve a small bit off for them, their smile drawing an answering one from him and a bit more meat then they'd asked for accompanied by a wink.

"So where are we going to put ourselves so we can eat?" they asked Kit softly, juggling the items they carried while they tried to push hair back from their face.

Last edited by Shae on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Kit
Topics: 3
Race: Galdor
Plot Notes: [url=http:/fullurl/]Plot Notes[/url]
Writer: Foxing
Post Templates: [url=http:/fullurl/]Post Templates[/url]

Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:05 pm

35th Vortas | Afternoon
Harbour cookhouse
Out of the corner of his eye, Kit watched his dinner companion regarding the food on offer with a look of intense concentration, and…

...good lady, is her tongue poking out?

It was...rather sweet, though she did look like she was struggling a bit. He clearly got her here not a moment too soon.

The smell of the pork was almost overwhelming, and the galdor absentmindedly swallowed as the scent made his mouth water, letting out a relieved sigh as slabs of meat slapped onto his plate.

Then Shae was walking over, her soft words of thanks and unexpected- wholly unexpected- kiss utterly endearing.

“You are more than welcome,” replied the weary musician smiling gently down at her, the twitching at the corner of his mouth the only sign that he was fighting a delighted grin at how godsblessed adorable this tiny girl was.

... if she knows what she's doing, she is trouble…but if she's not aware of it, trouble will end up finding her...what do I DO...

Bringing her home for a night to see her safe was one thing, but what of the next day?

He snapped out of his mildly concerned reverie just in time to hear her ask where they were going.

The galdor's blue gaze swept the covered seating area for a brief moment, before nodding to the unoccupied end of one of the long tables.

“There we are,” Kit declared jovially. “Plenty of elbow room.”

He stepped out towards the chosen spot, but turned on a toe as he did so, and with his own tankard gripped securely between thumb and forefinger, snagged Shae's own from her grasp with the free fingers on the same hand.

“Concentrate on your plate. I have the advantages of long fingers,”
he finished with a wink, daintily flexing them to illustrate his point. It took but a couple more long strides for him to slide onto the bench, setting platter and cups down with graceful ease as he did so, and gesturing with a flourish at the seat opposite him.

“So, what brings such a charming young lady to this noisome pit of a town?”

His stomach gave another loud growl.

...ahh, clock it. So much for manners…

Without waiting for an answer, the man slapped a greasy, steaming, oh-so-fragrant slab of meat between hunks of bread and took a frankly impressive bite out of it, groaning as the flavour flooded his mouth.

All things to excess, or what was the point in this shitting hole of a harbour? Otherwise you just wandered on from day to day and never really felt anything.

Kit, though?

Kit felt everything...

Shae
Topics: 12
Race: Raen
: Too pretty for you
Writer: Maximus
Writer Profile: Writer Profile
Post Templates: Post Templates

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Vortas 35, 2718 | Afternoon
Old Rose Streets
There was a definite shy air to the raen after the kiss, mainly because they were very unsure of this situation, this man, themself. They were all over the place, so out of sorts that they honestly didn't know how to cope with anything. It wouldn't have been so long ago that they would have planted such a kiss with greater confidence, a sly smile accompanying it and maybe a wink. It wasn't that they'd ever done it with any particular intent, not with the intention of manipulating but they had never been inclined to be coy. If they found someone attractive, they tended to be open about it rather than dancing around things. They'd hardly been coy thus far given that they'd basically declared their attraction to the galdor the second that he met him. Right now though they were uncertain, a little embarrassed and self-conscious. The smile he'd given them was sweet and gentle but the twitch at the corner made them wonder if he was trying not to laugh at them.

They weren't sure that their cheeks were ever going to get the chance to cool down in his vicinity. Blushing might become a permanent state today, almost every sentence out of his mouth - and their own to be honest - seeming to prompt a flush. This was new to them because they hadn't had much reason to blush before, not when they'd been in the Gillespie household, not when they'd interacted with Peregrine, which had been thankfully infrequent. Then it had been more typical for the blood to drain from their face rather than rush to it. This was a learning experience. Their old face hadn't been the kind to colour at every opportunity but it had been easy enough to do it. A witch had once teased them that it was amazingly easy to make a boy blush but they grew out of it when they got to be men and of course, her looks and teasing had succeeded in making them scarlet and once they'd been locked in that expression, it had been impossible to shift.

Still, they had never blushed this much. Women were more inclined to blush, particularly young ones, they'd noticed, was that it? Was it a physical difference? Was it actually easier for a woman to blush? They had no idea. Maybe they'd work that out over time, which was an odd notion. It was strange to think that this body was Shae's own now.

They were briefly serious, the pensiveness allowing their face to cool a little before Kit directed them to a particular section of the seating area although the pink returned with renewed vigour as he turned, plucking the tankard from their grasp - it was much needed assistance - but then he had to wiggle his fingers. It was strange really, his hands... were attractive? Long, tapering digits, everything pleasantly shaped, elegant and somewhat delicate but somehow quite capable. He had very attractive hands, clocking hell! Watching him flex the digits was oddly mesmerising, their gaze held there and their cheeks flooding with colour as they wondered what other advantages his long fingers gave him.

Sweet Lady, Shae, don't even go there! they groaned inwardly, pulling their eyes away from Kit with difficulty, very intently watching the path ahead and what they carried instead.

Concentrate on their plate indeed!

To be fair, such concentration wasn't too difficult. They were hungry and the sight of the food, the smell of it was thankfully distracting. If they could just focus on that instead of Kit. The quite charming, quite handsome Kit. A soft sigh escaped their lips as they steered their way to the table. Carefully setting down their burden, they seated themself on the bench opposite Kit, having a brief tussle with the skirt of their dress as it caught and pulled on the seat. They let out a puff of breath in frustration, tugging it free a little impatiently before they plopped down, hardly graceful and regretting the violence of it instantly. The galdor would be witness to a very noticeable wince as tender areas that were still healing received a jolt that had the raen's eyes watering, the hold on the body giving a wobble to boot.

Their pain and frustration were met with their companion's unfortunate question, Cordelia's bottom lip protruding slightly outwards, quite contrary to the grim, thin-lipped expression that the raen had meant to display. As puppets went, this one had a mind of its own, which would have been all right if they weren't so clocking reliant on it. Instead of disapproval or displeasure in the question, it probably looked as if the female was on the verge of tears; vulnerability was definitely something they were projecting but they'd been doing that already.

They bought themself a little time with the food, able to focus their gaze their as well rather than having those grey-blue eyes fixed on that handsome face. They were a little sick with hunger and they knew from experience that stuffing your face when you hadn't been eaten was a good way to have your meal come back up again. Besides, they imagined that this galdori woman was delicate. Sweet young Cordelia. How could they ever be her? How could they walk in her skin and act as if they deserved it? They didn't even deserve to be sitting here, did they? But they had to try, to build themself up to worthiness because it was their body now and there would be no use in wasting this. Shae had to live for them both now.

How they were to live though...

"I... was here a few times when I was younger, it was- I don't know how long ago actually. Feels like a lifetime," the former wick explained, choosing their words carefully, aware that they were telling a very particular brand of truth - the incomplete kind. They'd picked up some of the bread, delicate fingers breaking it into pieces, ripping it, tearing it, not really considering what they were doing. They managed to remember to actually eat some of it though, eating with care and feeling their stomach roil a little sickeningly within them in its desperation as the morsels were introduced.

"I thought that here would be better than Vienda. It wasn't safe there for me. I thought that I could come here and... I don't really know what. I didn't think beyond getting here, I just thought that I'd get out of Vienda, come here and then... manage somehow. But I forgot that I'm not really... myself right now. Maybe I'll never be myself again," they admitted, popping a piece of cheese into their mouth and chewing slowly, almost thoughtfully.

The soft gaze found his face again, the flush making a slight comeback as they looked at him. This blushing thing really was getting a bit ridiculous, wasn't it? Although maybe their face was just really warm and it wasn't showing through.

Biting their lip, the youth let their stolen eyes sweep over his face, searching for something within it. "I'm not ungrateful, Kit so please don't take this the wrong way but... why are you doing this? I know that you said that sometimes people need someone to take on their troubles but... really, why would you- You don't know me. At all."

They continued to gaze at him, self-conscious as they let a hand rub over the back of their neck but they didn't look away, Shae's face full of curiosity.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Old Rose Harbor”

• Information