Poor Judgement and Misfortune (Tawni)

Open for Play
Anaxas' main trade port; it is also the nation's criminal headquarters, home to the Bad Brothers and Silas Hawke, King of the Underworld. The small town of Plugit is nearby.

Murko Muelton
Topics: 4
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Mythic

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:53 pm

13th of Intas, 2719

The pockets of Murko Muelton felt awfully light after he and his crew-of-the-day split their shares. However, the galdor had a good reason to be short. He'd just made his last payment on his ship, making the cataraman finally his to keep. Of course, ambition colored the Mugrobi's cheeks, and he knew he'd need another job very soon or he'd grow... antsy.

It's getting tougher and tougher to work out which ships have the right squeeze. It ain't worth it to stop everyone, either, he thought to himself as he moved along the pier. The sun was setting, painting the sky in vermillion light that stretched from the horizon to flicker over the sea. The dazzling display threw its glare forth, catching the side of Murko's eye as he wove through the sparse crowds. The frigid air and sparse sheen of white snowfall deterred many from wandering in the evening, and Murko Muelton was glad for it.

Too many lubbers to weave past ain't good, after all, he mused, feeling the wobble in his legs from the pints he'd thrown down his throat in the afternoon. Resources were scant, but Murko Muelton made sure to have his... expenditures accounted for before spreading the loot across his temporary mates. A chuckle melded with a hiccup as, at last, he wandered past the pier and out of port. Old Rose Harbor had its share of troubles, but with his fellow Bad Brothers walking around... there was hardly a struggle in sight.

The galdor found a compatriot, clasping at his hand before being pulled into a conversation he didn't really want.

"Oi, Murko, the loot good on that last take? The boys n' me tried some of the poppy. Clockin' damn good shit, boyo."

Murko flashed him a grin, shrugging his shoulders as he answered,

"I wouldn' know mate. Me take's eatn' up by payin' off me new boat. Gotta throw together some boys for another pretty soon."

"Damn! We've got an ambitious gollyboy, don't we?"

"Aye." And with that, Murko let his brother-in-arms go, making his way further out of the pier. It was maybe a hundred paces before the galdor spotted something he hadn't seen in his last venture out of the pier.

A wick's kint? he mused as he saw the wild colors thrown together onto a horse-drawn carriage. The thing wasn't tiny by any means, but it looked to only hold one person. Amusement mustered within the galdor as his gaze shifted towards the sign, a wordless endeavor splayed with crystal balls and a deck of tarot cards.

A fortune teller? Hmmm... I wonder what the 'fates' have in store for me...

Before he made his move towards the kint, he checked his pockets and found enough for the cause. Perhaps he could strong arm his way into a free fortune, though?

Being a Bad Brother does have its benefits. Besides, she's probably an old 'un. No skin off me nose to push a little.

The galdor climbed up the few steps that led into the kint, stopped by the door. He knocked on it thrice, then waited for whatever fortune-telling abomination might come out to greet him.

Tags:
Tawni Nahmet
Topics: 6
Race: Wick
: Look into the Future
Character Sheet: Tawni's Character Sheet
Writer: Euphoria
Post Templates: Tawni's Templates

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Chestnut hair fanned out in a halo around Tawni’s head, draped over the pillow where the wick lay. Hazel eyes were closed in thought, a slow stream of smoke curling from the cannabis spur held to her mouth and joining the soft wisps of candle flame that dimly lit the inside of her kint. The end flared bright as she inhaled, holding in the earthy fume before letting it trickle from between her lips. It had been a long day and promised to be longer still, so the witch would snatch her spare moments when she could.

A soft whistle brought her whice to her side, smiling and lazily lifting her free hand for Bendigo to perch on. Moving her hand, she transferred the bird to her chest, careful talons clinging to her shirt before leaning down to preen her hair. Tawni giggled softly, scratching the top of his head before gazing dreamily up at the ceiling.

It had been a week since the caravan had stopped in Old Rose Harbor, a chaotic week spent getting the lay of the land. The port city had a reputation, that was for sure, and since their arrival, they had found that reputation to be more than accurate. It was a seedy town of thieves and criminals, brothels and pirates, but Tawni didn’t mind. The scent of the sea surrounded them wherever they went, and for that… it was enough. Anywhere she could dip her toes in the sand was worth it.

A knock on the door interrupted the wick’s reverie, groaning and tamping out the spur in her hand. “Oi! Give me a clockin’ minute, daoa!” Slender hands wove back and forth to disperse the smoke, cursing softly under her breath and shooing Bendigo back to his perch in the corner. What could the woman possibly want now? It wouldn’t be dinner time for at least another hour!

Rising to her feet, Tawni raised her arms in a stretch, the bangles at her wrists tinkling sweetly with the motion. With a sigh, she smoothed her skirt, straightened the scarf on her head, and pushed her hair from her face before walking over to the door. Opening it, she expected to see her mother, but instead found a stranger—a darker skinned man only a few inches taller than she was. Blinking in surprise, she quickly regrouped, clearing her throat and fighting through the haze that pleasantly clouded her mind.

A customer, of course. I should have expected that.

Once over her initial shock, her face transformed—the expression softening with a smile tugging at her mouth. “Hesta, hesta!” she greeted the stranger, hazel eyes sparking while she gestured for him to follow her inside. “Welcome! Come for answers, or seeking questions? Either way, you’re in the right place, my friend. We shall see what the future holds for you.”

Closing the door behind them, she held out her hand and indicated for him to have a seat at the small table near the entrance before sinking into the chair opposite. The charming smile never left her face, seeking dark eyes with interest. Folding her hands on the table in front of her, she inclined her head and introduced herself, “Tawni Nahmet, at your service. Now tell me what I can do for you today.”

Murko Muelton
Topics: 4
Race: Galdor
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Writer: Mythic

Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Oho, someone's smoking the ganja, the golly thought as he smelled the earthy fumes that pushed past the door. The wisps of smoke were no longer visible, but the scent lingered and set a sensation akin to jealousy that welled deep within him. Opiates weren't exactly Murko's cup of tea, and his living being made by peddling them to Hawke didn't encourage him to partake, either. Cannibis and tobacco smoke were far preferable vices, but with his recent payments, he'd only been able to partake in the much cheaper and more available booze that lingered on his breath and stored in his ship. The galdor took a wobbly step back as he heard the groan and the disdainful shout.

What the clock's she on about? he wondered, recognizing the Tek mingling with her Estuan. Doesn't that mean mother? Does this wick have her tribe about? I don't remember seeing a bunch of them around, he ruminated. Having a Wick tribe around was often less pleasure and more business, given his position, but he certainly liked to steal away with them when he could. However, the galdor lingered on the Tek word, and realized by that and the timbre of her voice that the woman on the other side of the door was most certainly far younger than he anticipated. A teenager, maybe? Or a young adult? Trying her hand out at a bit of independence?

The galdor had so many questions, but when the door opened a great many of them were answered on the spot. The Wick beauty in front of him nearly had the galdor's jaw dropped in surprise. However, he kept his composure and drew back on his field. It wound tightly about his presence, fully intent on guarding his inner feelings from the Wick's awareness. While he wasn't sure just how receptive she would be, Murko Muelton knew that even humans could feel a field left out for the world to know.

Then, the striking beauty began to speak, leaving the galdor with a smile that stretched widely upon his features. He nodded in response to her greeting, murmuring a 'hesta' of his own before following her indication to take a seat inside. Do all fortune tellers work indoors? he wondered though he supposed it made sense. The sheen of snowfall was fresh fallen and visible even through the window. The chill of Intas was getting tiresome, and the galdor looked forward to a time when the warmth returned to Vita. But, at the moment, he had thoughts only for this. Curiosity compelled him to visit, and a lingering sense of attraction convinced him to stay. If he was going to sit in for a palm reading, the fact that the reader was so gorgeous was the last bit of reassurance he needed.

"Are ye' a vroo, then? What kind of future readin' ya gonna do for me, lass? I've been wondering about a few things... having some success or failure known to me ahead of time... Might be nice. Though, I'm afraid I've not got much to pay ye with. Would a bit of charity for the 'King' be enough to convince ye to do the reading anyway?" he wondered. Right away, the galdor intended to make his intentions clear, but he kept some things close to his chest. He'd rather seem ignorant of magic, and steer clear of caprising her field to garner more about her. No, to this Wick, he'd be for the moment, nothing more than a Mugrobi man.

Tawni Nahmet
Topics: 6
Race: Wick
: Look into the Future
Character Sheet: Tawni's Character Sheet
Writer: Euphoria
Post Templates: Tawni's Templates

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Tawni’s lips quirked in half a smile at the man’s question, hazel eyes glittering behind veiled lashes. “A vroo of sorts, aye,” she murmured, slender fingers folding together where she rested them on the table. The Tek word surprised her coming from the Mugrobi man, her brow lifting just enough to show it. Her smile quickly faded, however, at what he said next—“charity” was not exactly a word that the witch appreciated. Given her druthers, she’d much prefer the cold metal of coin in her palm.

“What manner of charity are y’proposing?” the witch asked drily, leaning back in her chair with her arms moving to fold over her chest. Tawni’s demeanor was noticeably sourer than it had been just moments before, mouth pursing with ill-concealed displeasure. Even if she’d only been in Old Rose Harbour for a short time, of course she knew who the “King” was. Silas Hawke, effective ruler of the seedy city. And if this man was allied with him… it wouldn’t be wise to deny him outright. Putting herself in Hawke’s poor graces so soon after her arrival wasn’t exactly in the witch’s plans.

But that didn’t mean she was happy about it.

“I’m sure a benny kov like you understands a chip’s gotta make a living,” she went on, a stiff smile accenting her speech. “Especially when snow’s still spread on the ground. Someone has to put food on the table, and I can’t do much of that without coin.” The look she gave him was a bland one, the tight smile that still rested on her lips not quite reaching her eyes. “Though if the offer’s good enough, perhaps I can still be swayed to part the veils for you.”

Softening just the slightest bit, she indicated the crystal ball between them and the ragged tarot deck beside it. “But how is up to you. Tarot is very popular and can be very detailed depending on the layout you’d like,” she said, resting her hand on the top card of the deck. “Many choose the cards when they’re looking for direction. And direction they will certainly give you, and often in unexpected ways.” Next, she tapped the chipped globe beside it, looking up to catch his gaze. “If not, perhaps the crystal ball is more your style? The answers she gives are a little vaguer and open to interpretation, but effective nonetheless.”

Tawni’s expression turned a bit sly when she nodded to his hands. “Or I can read your palms. Our hands tend to reveal more about ourselves than the world around us, but have we not the power to master our own fate?” Her fake smile became more genuine as she added with a wink, “After all, we hold our destiny in the palms of our hands, do we not? What better way to divine it than staring at its source?”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Old Rose Harbor”

• Information