Virtues and Vices (Benton)

This could be the start of an enabl-I mean, beautiful friendship.

Open for Play
Anaxas' main trade port; it is also the nation's criminal headquarters, home to the Bad Brothers and Silas Hawke, King of the Underworld. The small town of Plugit is nearby.

Tawni Nahmet
Topics: 6
Race: Wick
: Look into the Future
Character Sheet: Tawni's Character Sheet
Writer: Euphoria
Post Templates: Tawni's Templates

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:02 pm

10th of Intas, 2719, Mid-Morning

“Vrunta!” was the irritable shout that broke the quiet of the otherwise calm morning, a chestnut-haired witch staring up in consternation at her vandalized sign fluttering nonchalantly in the breeze. Crystal balls and tarot cards were nearly blacked out with paint dark as soot, a few rather crudely drawn phallic images intermingling with what she could only assume was just as obscene language. “Again?! Ent even been here a week, and I already painted over it once!”

Tawni threw her hands up in the air with a drawn-out sigh of displeasure, though she came to regret it almost immediately. “Too clockin’ cold for this shit,” she muttered under her breath, pulling her old, worn cloak back around her shivering frame. Cold was an understatement—it was positively frigid, and why anyone would be out here ruining her property in such weather was a mystery to her. “How do these pina tofts not freeze their bitty balls off?” She shook her head in disbelief. “And how’m I not hearin’ ‘em?”

Suspicious hazel eyes darted around the area as if they might find the perpetrators of such a crime before turning back up to gaze at the marred plank of wood. “Might as well just keep the damn thing down at this rate,” she muttered darkly, carefully climbing up the side of the wagon to retrieve the thin plank of wood that served to advertise her skills. “Start attractin’ the wrong kind of crowd with a buncha cocks all over my damn kint.” Chuckling, she shook her head. “Then again, is there really a right crowd in Old Rose?”

Sign firmly in hand, she climbed back down and gave it a disdainful glance. “Rotten bochi,” Tawni muttered, attempting in vain to wipe away some of the paint with the edge of her cloak. “And of course it’s already dry. Why wouldn’t it be?! Not like anythin’ can ever be easy around here…”

A few muttered curses later, and she was trudging back up the steps into her kint, glaring at the object in her hands as if it offended her. Peering a little closer at the dark smudges, she shook her head. “Not sure I can even save it at this point,” she mumbled, equal parts to herself and her whice, Bendigo, who watched with mild interest from the corner. “Clockin’ hell.”

Ent gonna make ne ging without a sign, she thought to herself, walking over to the door and propping open the top half while pulling the lower section closed. Who’s gonna stop at a random kint and hope they do somethin’ they can spend their pennies on? Pushing back the colorful fabric that served as curtains, she leaned outside to look around. The witch snorted. Suppose I can just shout at everyone that walks by. Provided they don’t think I’m moony and start runnin’ the other way.

“Plus, it’s so cold, she complained aloud to her inner self, causing Bendigo to jump at her unexpected voice. A firm shake of his body and a ruffle of feathers let her know just how he felt about the sudden startle, the corner of Tawni’s mouth briefly turning up in a smile. “I’d much rather keep the warmth inside ‘stead of lettin’ it all run out the window.” Another irritated sigh followed this assertion before leaning her elbows on top of the half door. No use whinin’, I s’pose. Ent like I can afford to take the day off.

Tilting herself forward so she could see outside, the fortune teller looked around for anyone that might be passing by, hoping beyond hope that she’d find someone quickly and be able to close the kint back up. Her face brightened when she spotted a man nearby, a macha natt who looked a few years older than she was. A brief whistle travelled the distance between them, Tawni waving her hand to grab his attention.

“Hesta! Over here!”

Should he have responded to her call, Tawni would offer a sweet smile, a friendly gesture beckoning him her way. “Come, come! Ever wondered what the fates might have in store for a benny kov like you?” Her smile broadened, nodding before he would even have a chance to answer. “Oes, of course ye have. Who hasn’t? If ye come in now, I’ll even let ye see the first card for free. If ye don’t like what ye see, ye’re free to go, and I won’t pester ye ne more. What do ye say?” Bright hazel eyes twinkled, doing her best to coax him in closer. With a wink, she went on, “What have ye got to lose, eh?”

Tags:

Return to “Old Rose Harbor”

• Information