[Closed] Ageless

Open for Play
A large forest in Central Anaxas, the once-thriving mostly human town of Dorhaven is recovering from a bombing in 2719 at its edge.

Charity Valentin
Topics: 23
Race: Galdor
: The voices aren't real, right?
Character Sheet: Character Sheet
Plot Notes: Plot Notes
Writer: Raksha
Post Templates: Post Templates

Wed May 01, 2019 8:48 am

40th of Vortas, 2718
VIENDA | MORNING
He blinked, "Oh. Right—mine, too."

The pianist tittered with nervous amusement, blushing uselessly as the tall wick beside her openly displayed he was just as much of a mess at the moment as she was, his glamour perhaps not as strong but definitely as jittery in his emotional enthusiasm. The Perceptive auras of mona mingled, entwined comfortably, drawing it seemed some form of calm from each other. Her violet gaze shifted sharply from Rhys to Sir Dunhill at the mention of vows, beginning to form a sound of stammered protest, when the Seventen piped up immediately. Yes, of course he had vows.

“Cheater.” She said softly, looking down as he patted himself for something. A small box. Rings. Tears stung her eyes, and Charity couldn’t help the soft hitch of her breath as warmth pooled in her chest. Damn sneaky bastard.

“Rhys I—” The currently brunette galdor started, shaking her head with a laugh and following as she was all but dragged away from the office. Climbing the small carpeted staircase, Charity tiptoed to plant a kiss on the wick’s cheek as they waited for Dunhill to open the door, grinning until her cheeks hurt. As they stepped inside, the room suddenly felt closer and more intimate. It was a simple affair, with a podium for announcements and speaker notes and such, and a collection of seating. The lights were powered with electricity, a new and exciting technology that some of the newer and fancier buildings were being replaced with. It was amazing, even to a sorcerer, to see the scones blink to life…but something also very cold about it. Artificial even.

Following Dunhill's gesturing, the couple moved to stand before the podium, Charity looking at Rhys with a nervous expression before looking back at Sir Dunhill again.

“Yes, yes of course.” The brunette said with a slight quaver in her voice, the shivery excitement unable to hide behind soft words. Her gaze followed the box with another laugh, nodding once at Rhys demand for her to ‘listen’, and taking his hands with a deep breath.

As the words the man had so carefully prepared came forth, Charity D’Arthe was powerless against the tears that came forth this time to escape and roll down her cheeks. She smiled, even if her breath hitched again with a sob—not of sadness but of love and joy. Her eyes held his, even as she cried through the beautiful words, unwilling to look away as Rhys Valentin poured his heart into the almost poetic speech. It was like all the romance tales, and all her dreams, all bound up in one giant package with a bow and delivered for their eyes only. Laughing a little with butterflies in her stomach and her pulse thrumming in her ears, the petite creature could her Sir Dunhill crying quietly, and it only made things harder.

“This was supposed to be the day I surprised you.” She breathed brokenly, catching her breath with another laugh and a sob. How could she ever find words as perfect as what the tall blonde had just delivered? It seemed as though he’d summed up everything that encompassed what they were in one beautiful sonnet.

Still. She knew was she wanted to say.

“Rhys—” The pale woman began, shaking her head and taking a few deep breaths before starting again.

“Rhys. I have spent most of my life living for someone else’s desires. I’ve been shrouded in darkness, and for a long time I lost my way. Somewhere along the way, I met you and everything seemed right. Everything made sense. I was happy, and I wanted that for ever. But…” Looking down at her hands, Charity shook her head before lifting her gaze back to the man before her.

“I let myself be ruled by fear, and for that I lost you, and I couldn’t see a world without you in it. Time moved on, but I didn’t, and Alioe be praised in the darkness you found me again. I’ve hurt you, and I’ve hurt myself, but every step of the way you have been there for me. You’ve picked me up when I am sure if I had fallen I would never get up again, and you’ve shown me love can survive even in the abyss of despair.” Squeezing his hands, the brunette stepped a little closer, speaking with firm determination.

“I will love you, till the sands of time stop falling and the clocks silence. No matter what the days bring, or the hardships that we might face. I will love you, above all else. Always—” The pianist smiled, tilting her head as she echoed his last words.

“—and forever.”

Last edited by Charity Valentin on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Rhys Valentin
Topics: 19
Race: Wick
Writer: Muse
Writer Profile: Writer Profile

Thu May 02, 2019 1:38 pm

40th of Vortas, 2718
The Courthouse, Clerk's Office | Early MORNING
"It'snot cheating. It's proper." Rhys offered coyly before they were all dragged away into a much more private and far more official than he'd been expecting courtroom. Perhaps he hadn't expected so much out of his birthday—he'd passed through enough of them without Charity to have grown used to them being just another day. Perhaps he should have asked her plans before he made his own, suddenly aware with the press of nervous lips to his cheek that he'd stolen her day for him by this rather unexpected civil union.

Still, good and proper Sir Dunhill knew what he was doing, giving the tall blond a chance to pretend at vows, a chance to exchange words of feeling in some stolen moment of illusionary ceremony despite the lack of Everine or audience alike. It wasn't as if Rhys would have really wanted to invite everyone to a wedding anyway—gods, who?—so just the two of them, together, was just right. He'd spent far too much time in the planning and far too much time mulling over what to say, though not everything that made its way out of his mouth had at all been rehearsed. Off the cuff, much of his heartfelt profession of commitment and love was entirely improvised.

Edmund fumbled for a handkerchief and blew his nose rather loudly, forced to adjust his spectacles afterward.

"Does it count if I'm surprised you're going along with this whole thing?" Murmured the not-galdor as his delicate pianist riposted his words of devotion. Rhys pretended that he couldn't feel the warmth dribbling down his well-carved cheekbones, grinning stupidly while his sweaty, trembling hands clung to Charity's. He enjoyed surprising her too much, though. He enjoyed catching her off guard. He definitely enjoyed interrupting her plans with something that brought them together in bright defiance while the shadow of their looming trial hung so heavily over them both.

Then, she spoke, and turn about was fair play.

The young Valentin's smile faltered and he did everything in his masculine power in the company of one official member of the Anaxi Court to not let some pathetic, emotion-filled sob escape him. But it did. Just a little one, followed by some ragged inhale as if reminded to breathe when the galdor woman before him tightened the grip of her fingers with his.

Clock it all. The crying. The Sergeant resisted the urge to wipe his face, ignoring how his lip trembled and how his heart threatened to flutter its way furiously out of his chest. Weak-kneed and filled with thoughts and feelings that were surely soaring to heights he'd not experienced before in his life, that he wasn't sure he'd ever expected to feel, he willed himself to stand straight and upright, grin stupid and bright.

At least the doors were closed and Edmund had very little shame, wiping his own cheeks with his little crumpled square of cloth and giving them both a brief moment of silence to sniffle and collect themselves,

"W-well. Th-that was ve-r-very lovely. L-lovelier than s-s-some Chur-church weddings, y-you know. Now—" Sir Dunhill shoved his handkerchief back into his vest and cleared his throat, raising his hands in a rather officiating sort of fashion while he spoke without stuttering at all, as if the act of concentration actually stilled his tongue,

"By the authority granted to me by our wise government of the Kingdom of Anaxas and by the blessing of Alioe and the Circle, I pronounce your union true and legal. Bound by law as well as your hearts, here under the witness of the gods and the people, it is my honor to declare you Mister and Mistress Rhys Valentin."

Edmund paused again, gaze dropping to the box through his thick-glassed spectacles before he looked up again, this time adding with his own, personal sort of voice, smiling shyly as if he was aware this was an off-the-books sort of sentiment,

"A-and I d-do wish y-y-you bo-th-th the b-best."

"Thank you, Ed. You're a good friend." Rhys managed to string a few words together, bowing his thanks while he attempted to put away the waver in his voice. Instead, he made some sort of affirmative noise that was mostly another held-in sob, nodding and reluctantly releasing Charity's hands to reach for the rings he'd secretly had made. Simple things, plain bands of white gold he hoped he'd sized correctly, the inscription carefully engraved on the inside of both thin, polished circlets echoed the sentiments they seemed fond of repeating to each other: hers read in formal Estuan, flourished and along the inner curve the single word always while his read in the same script its echoed forever.

He was a total sneaky bastard and his expression held no apologies for any of it, blue eyes blurred by pathetic tears, offering to exchange the act of putting the rings on each other's fingers by waggling hers and reaching for her hand, whispering deviously, "You'll win the whole day with cake, right, Charity Valentin? This is just the start of my birthday, after all."
Charity Valentin
Topics: 23
Race: Galdor
: The voices aren't real, right?
Writer: Raksha

Sun May 12, 2019 5:37 pm

40th of Vortas, 2718
VIENDA | MORNING
C​​harity didn’t look at Sir Dunhill as he spoke, letting her gold-flecked gaze drink in the expressions on her partners face, smiling ridiculously through tears they both seemed unable to prevent.
​​
​​Bound by law as well as your hearts, here under the witness of the gods and the people, it is my honor to declare you Mister and Mistress Rhys Valentin."
​​
​​The pianist couldn’t stop the giggle that came from her lips at the official words that filled the small room, leaning in to steal a quick kiss from the taller man before he spoke. Her eyes dropped to their hands, watching with another awkward laugh as Rhys opened the box, fresh tears blurring her vision as she caught the engraving on the inside of each ring.
​​
​​Always. Forever.
​​
​​ “Clocking hell.” She sobbed with another laugh, hand trembling as she held her hand out to him. As the silvery circlet was slipped onto her finger, Charity shook her head, looking up at his face again at the mention of her official new name.
​​
​​ “I honestly don’t think I can top this, husband. I’m not sure if I even remember what I had planned.” Of course, she did remember, but the whole day was completely different to what she had planned. Taking a moment to look at the beautiful simple piece on her hand, the brunette couldn’t stop smiling, her jaw aching with the tension.
​​
​​ “It feels like I’m dreaming.” She whispered, taking the other ring with feather light fingers, holding his hand in hers and stroking a thumb across the tanned skin. Focusing on what she was doing, Charity slipped the uniting jewelry on his finger, holding her hand close to his so she could see the two pieces side by side.
​​
​​ “If I am, I don’t want to wake up.” The pianist said quietly, kissing him again before stepping back slightly. Her eyes traveled to Dunhill, nodding with her perpetual smile.
​​
​​ “Thankyou Sir, for this. It means so much, so much more than I could possibly explain.” Turning back to Rhys, Charity raised an eyebrow.
​​
​​ “I might have to skip a couple of steps I had planned this morning. To be fair, I am more tempted to head home. Right now. This instant.” She said scandalously, biting her lip for a moment before making a face.
​​
​​ “But…I really want you to have this gift. It’s…important. To me. I hope to you too. Maybe not as exciting now as I had thought it would be, but well…you’ll see.” If they were done in the Courthouse, Charity would follow Rhys through the building into the morning air, breath catching in the chill. She would flag down a cab, dragging her new husband into the carriage with a giggle and a kiss, before giving the driver specific directions. The short trip would allow very little in the way of improper celebrations of their union, stopping in a quiet little street around the corner from Crosstown Court. Leaving the carriage, Charity glanced at the taller wick.
​​
​​ “For your information, there’s two more of these in Vienda, but we can collect them afterwards.” The violet eyed creature said as she approached a nondescript doorway and plucked a sheet of music from where the door met the frame, handing it to Rhys with a secretive smile. Taking an old key from her coat pocket, the brunette unlocked the door and pushed it open, tugging Rhys inside and shutting the door again. It was dark inside, though as their eyes adjusted the couple would see they stood in a short foyer. Removing her coat, Charity hung it on a rack beside the door, waiting for the man before she coaxed him to follow her to another closed door. At the threshold was a bottle of First Light, clearly left in outside for the night, still chilled from the wintery air, and two long crystal flutes. Picking up the wine, the brunette uncorked it quickly and poured both herself and the blonde a glass, handing it to him with a small raise of a toast.
​​
​​ “Happy twenty eighth birthday, Mister Rhys Valentin. I wish I'd been able to celebrate all the years between then and now, but at least I can celebrate every one with you from here on out.” Sipping on the light alcohol, the rest of the bottle tucked in her free hand, Charity turned the handle of the door and opened it to let Rhys enter. A soft golden glow of light poured into the dark foyer, and as he entered the tall half-breed would see a small amphitheater designed for intimate recitals and University sponsored student drama reviews. The windows had been blacked out with thick curtains, and from the roof hung strings of phosphor lanterns, similar to those that were used during St Grumbles and Clocks Eve celebrations. A table, and two chairs sat in the center of the room, pristine white table cloth dressed with two settings and candles—unlit at present. On one side of the table was a older ivory piano, clearly looked after but well used.
​​
​​ “We’re a little early, but I’m sure that’s fine. The food isn’t going to be here for about half a house, musicians too. But that’s okay. I think we can find something to pass the time.” Placing her glass and bottle on the table, Charity lifted on tip-toe to kiss him again, directing Rhys to be seated at the table.
​​
​​ “Now, like I said. There’s two more sheets that we will need to collect, but I think for now it’s fine. We have lunch here, then some free time before our dinner reservations. I hope you dance, Mister Valentin, because if not I’m going to look quite the fool later.” Moving away from the table, Charity sat down at the piano, tenderly laying her fingers on the keys. Glancing up at the wick, she blushed and laughed.
​​
​​ “I didn’t expect this to be so nerve wracking. I uh…I haven’t played in a while so I might be a bit rusty. And I don’t really sing so…if it’s awful…just remember there’s more things later that will make up for it.” Turning back to the black and white landscape before her, the pianist shrugged.
​​
​​ “I had no idea what to buy you, because nothing felt like it meant enough. So, I remembered something. From Brunnhold. I remembered I’d written this song, and—oh Gods this is actually really embarrassing—but I’d written it and never got the chance to show you. So I sat down and re-scored it and…well…ok just..don’t laugh.” Taking a breath, the pianist found her place on the keys, sweeping into the opening of the song before finding her voice.
​​
​​
Songity
https://youtu.be/JdsYNP-JwEw
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vienda”

• Information